1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Dogwood Canyon

I'm thinking ahead to next spring when we come to Branson. We've never done Dogwood Canyon, so I think it might be a nice change of pace. I can never quite understand the info that I read on the web site as to admission price and extra activities. What does it cost to get into the park itself for adults and what does that admission include? Can we drive through it in our car and see everything, or should we plan to take one of the tram rides, and if so how much does it cost per person? Most important, is it worth the price for these sorts of activities? We're not hikers or bikers, but we do enjoy beautiful scenery and nature.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
JanB

I'm not sure what you don't understand when you look at their web site. All of the information is on there. You park your car and walk into the park. There is no "admission" but you pay individually for what you want to do.
Each thing has a fee.

Horseback riding - $35
Private Jeep Tour - $50
Riding the tram - $24.95
Bicycle riding - $16.95 $8.95 if you bring your own bike
Walking the path - $8.95
Fishing - different fees

Looks like they have a Adventure Pass that lets you take the tram tour, hike the trail, ride bikes, and trout fish all for $35. If you arrive after 1PM you can come back the next day. You can also add horseback riding to the pass for and additional $17.50.

This is a nature park. Here is the link where I just got all of the information that I just gave you. Iit's their brochure.

http://www.dogwoodcanyon.com/PDFs/DW...0for%20Web.pdf
Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
JanB

When I said hike the trail, it's actually a very flat blacktop path that winds through the park along side of a trout stream and goes over many foot bridges. It ends at a waterfall. If i'm not mistaken it's a 2 mile walk. Of course you don't have to walk the whole thing, you can turn around at any time.

And the prices I listed about are per person.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
alncindy

was just at Dogwood Canyon last week and had a wonderful time.
It is something that we do every year it just never get old.
the grounds are beautiful. Just a word of warning. If you walk or ride it is a very long ride or walk but you don't have to do the whole trail you will just miss a lot. We took the tram ride and you are gone about 2 hours. It never gets boring. Your guide is very up to date about the area and all of the history. You do get off the tram one or two times to look at things but you don't have to walk a great deal for those that have trouble. You do see a lot of animals just wandering around. A few years back you rode right into a field of bisons but now they stopped it because it was hard to take the time to find them on the property. Great time and wonderful scenery.
The guides never ask for tips but we felt as we do every year that they deserve a little extra.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

You will love Dogwood Canyon! It is beautiful and I think the tram is a good value but the walk would be nice as well.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

It is one of those days that will always shine in your memory as a special day on your vacation!

Bring a picnic lunch, plenty of drinks, and good walking shoes.

The entire park is beautiful with lots of wildlife,
flora & fonta, peaceful & quiet, and a great family time,
that in itself is just priceless!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for all the info. I thought we had to pay to get into the park and then pay for each activity we wanted to do. The tram sounds like something we'd enjoy. So do I understand correctly that we could take a picnic lunch and easily find a place to eat even if we don't want to hike far at all?
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Thanks for all the info. I thought we had to pay to get into the park and then pay for each activity we wanted to do. The tram sounds like something we'd enjoy. So do I understand correctly that we could take a picnic lunch and easily find a place to eat even if we don't want to hike far at all?
There is a covered pavillion with tables in it next to the parking lot that you could probably picnic in.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Linda Kay
Ultra Member

We've been there one time and really enjoyed it. We took the tram ride.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Hollywood
Administrator

Thumbs up Tram Ride is Fun

I took my mom and dad last spring while the Dogwoods were in full bloom. We took the 2 hour tram ride. They have several stops you can get out and stretch your legs and take photos. Several stops allow you to see the trout that reside in the canyon. The guide will sometimes offer food to feed them. As you go along the guide will talk about the canyon. Before you leave on tram ride you can purchase a beverage and food to munch on. It is a four mile stretch that starts in Missouri and cross briefly into Arkansas. They are currently repairing some of the canyon due to the excessive rains we had last year. Below are just a couple of the photos I took.

Name:  dogwood-canyon-008.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  dogwood-canyon-009.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  15.6 KB

Name:  dogwood-canyon-010.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  11.9 KB
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
nanjosbrand

Dogwood Canyon looks gorgeous. I have yet to go there. Does anyone know if they offer annual membership passes?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

I'm enjoying your photos!

The trout are just huge. I mean huge!

Ready to go there today, except no vacation until this summer.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
GrandCanyon
Tourguide Expert

Thumbs up

I highly recommend this, we did this a few years back and are contemplating doing it again this year. The tourguide(s) on the tram are very entertaining, and you will not be bored. The only disappointment is that they heavily promote the naturalist worldview (evolution/anti-Christian) as opposed to the creationist worldview ... and that the earth is millions and billions and trillions and gazillions years old, but that theory is easy to debunk, and I would nevertheless recommend the tram ride.

In addition to one other post, the trails are asphalt, and mostly flat. After having been once, I would do one of two things: (1) stay for three hours and ride horses or bikes, and walk around the rest of the time; or (2) do the tram ride and play around for an hour. If we go again, we'll probably do choice 2.

The trout are not huge . . . they are enormous!

Last edited by GrandCanyon; 03-17-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #14
Tamidolphin

I think they are closed right now

Due to the ice storm this winter.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
GrandCanyon
Tourguide Expert

Thumbs up

The park is currently closed to all activities due to storm damage renovations. We anticipate re-opening April 4th. If you need further assistance, please contact us during office hours (8:00 AM 4:00 PM).

Closed Thread