1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Question SDC During Spring Break

Did anyone go to SDC during spring break last year? I was just wondering how busy it was. Also, how busy is Branson? I took a week off to go skiing in CO, but that didn't work out. To expensive and to far of a drive. So I thought I'd drive up to Branson for a couple of days to visit SDC and do some geocaching around Branson.
Thanks,
Michael
Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

I don't believe they are open yet. Don't open until April, isn't it???? Someone who has passes will probably post. I don't think Celebration City opens until April either.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Opening day is March 20. We didn't go to SDC last year, but we did go Spring Break 05 and 06 (and we were in Branson last year for break). It's not busy, but it really depends on the weather. The two years we went it was very chilly (the 2nd year I was smart and bought hats/mittens on clearance after we spent a lot of money on warmer clothes at the park). Branson itself is pretty slow -- lots of shows are open and all the stores/restaurants, but traffic isn't bad at all. And this year our break is during Easter week, so I'm expecting it may be a bit busier.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Davidab53
Ultra Member

We are heading to Branson over Easter weekend. We were going to take in SDC on the 21st. I have heard that they are not too crowded during this time of year, but Easter weekend could make a difference.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidab53 View Post
We are heading to Branson over Easter weekend. We were going to take in SDC on the 21st. I have heard that they are not too crowded during this time of year, but Easter weekend could make a difference.

We've gone that time of year and they were pretty crowded, and we've gone that time of year and they weren't too crowded. Whether plays a big part in their crowds. And it being Easter will definately play a part.

We have a blast any time we go, reguardless of crowds. You will too!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
nannac
Super Ultra Member

We were there in 2006 on Spring Break, and it was really nice. The weather was still a little chilly, but we dressed for it. There were a couple of the larger rides that were not working the day we was there, but that wasn't a problem for us. The traffic wasn't bad at all, and there weren't any long lines at the resturants around town. We will be in Branson the week of the SDC opening, which is the 20th of March. Hope you enjoy your trip!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member

DH mentioned tonight we may try to get in one quick trip to SDC/Branson before the baby comes. One last vacation before our lives get turned upside down for a while! We were also thinking of Mar 21/22. I'd rather go sooner than later, so not to travel too close to my due date--mid May. April weekends are pretty well booked for us anyway. We might go the next weekend, but I saw on the SDC website they're closed Sat Mar 29, so we'd have to go Sunday instead.

So, Easter weekend is also Spring break for the Missouri schools?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:33 AM   #8
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I'm not sure the 3rd week of March is Spring Break for all Missouri schools, but it is for most schools where I live, and I looked at Branson public schools' calendar and it is there, too. I know we have traditionally done the 3rd week in March since we started having Spring Break, and every 3-4 years, it ends up that it's also Easter weekend. I actually like it that way because the schools don't give us Easter off, and when it's over Spring Break we get it off.

Now as to whether that will have an effect on Branson crowds... we were there the last time this happened and it was extremely slow. The weather was very cold and biting, however. I have pictures of my girls on the carousel wearing coats and scarves. I think there's a group of people who will go to Branson regardless -- like those on this board who are long term planners. Then there's the more local day trip people and for them, going to Branson will depend on the weather.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #9
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

Thanks for all the replies. I forgot about Easter being that weekend too. I'll probably be up there the opening day (Thursday).
Old 02-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
JoLaLaLa

Everybody wear your buddy ribbons! Sounds like there's several of us going to be there at one time. Julie- We, too, are making one last trip before our baby comes. Sounds like we have the same idea and reasonings behind it. Hope to see some board buddies there!

Closed Thread