1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
E's mom
Super Ultra Member

christmas tree

Does everyone have their tree up? I got mine up last night my brother helped me finish getting the lights on it while he was here. I don't know how many hours it took me because I was trying to put the tree up watch the Razorbacks play and visit with my company. Tonight I put out some snowman not as many as I have in the past.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Critter
Super Ultra Member

I have had mine up 2 or 3 weeks now.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Mine are up and lights shinning, just not decorated yet!
Today I got the garlands on the bannisters, decorating
it all comes later! I like to get all placed first, then
go to the decorating with ornaments.

Yes, I've also been distracted with football games,
too good to not watch!

The games are over for today, there's always tomorrow for decorating!

Last edited by Blaze2; 11-25-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
lovemycondo
Grandma of 4 & loving it

I put mine up last weekend so it would be done when we return tonight. My grands were so excited when they were at Grandma's house on Monday with my Christmas decor up. I put my lights up outside even earlier to take advantage of our warm temps. Our santa/deer/sleigh etc are put together in our shed. When I get home, it will take me only 1 1/2 hours outside to hook all up. Leaves still dropping so we are hoping they dropped enough for a quick mowing so I can finish decorating outside. Those cords kind of give ya a quick jolt when you mow over them. !!!!!

Did a lot of shopping before we left but all waiting to be wrapped.

Decorated down here in Branson when we were here in October so it would be up for our guests. Didn't do a tree here but other decorations up.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

nothing inside the house yet but all of the outside decorating is done. We started in October with an apple tree, putting lights up each branch. I had two step ladders and at times a foot on each trying to reach those high limbs. dh put lights on the house last week and got the 3 yard trees out by the fence. Looks mighty purdee.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
revelladee
Ultra Member

Yep...for some reason, got an early start this year...and it's still November...yeah! More time to enjoy!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
JoLaLaLa

Unfortunately mine is not up yet. I always try to get it up the day after Thanksgiving, but since we live in a tiny house, it always takes a lot of moving stuff around to be able to fit the tree in here for Christmas. I was tired of the way the furniture was anyway, so I got the bright idea of doing stuff a bit different this year. I planned it all out, got the furniture pulled out away from the walls to clean out all the crap that inevitably gets stored in all the nooks & crannies, and then realized that after all that work, there wasn't room to get to my bedroom door with the furniture the way I planned. SOooooo.... we wasted an entire day just to have to redo it now. We're definitely getting closer though. Actually have the furniture fitting and a space for the tree. Now we just have to put all the other junk away before we have room to haul the big tree box inside. Whew.... I'm tired.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

Nope --- not the main one anyway! I've got my "Charley Brown" tree in the dining room, several small trees on top of the entertainment center and mantle, got the tree skirts on all of them, some have lights, some just have berries, snow and stuff. Got the garland on the inside bannister, and on the outside bannister with the red ribbons on it. Got the lighted trees, reindeer, Santa's sleigh, and my 8' wooden Santa in the yard! Lights are on the house, Alpine trees on the porch, old red wagons on the porch filled with old fashioned cedar branches and packages. It's beginning to look like Christmas around here! Had planned to put the 'main' tree up today, but I think we're gonna be hosting the football party next Saturday night, so don't want to loose the space the tree would take up. It'll have to wait till after the game!

Last edited by shis1; 11-25-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #9
JoLaLaLa

Woohoo!! Got it up!!! Admittedly, I still have a lot of papers and junk that were hiding around the room to go through and put away, but at least I got my tree up! It is finished, except that we still need to add some little red bows to fill in the gaps. That, however, is going to wait a day or two, because I am tired of getting my arms scratched!

Here it is!
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 AM   #10
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Jolalala, your tree is very pretty!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #11
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

We or I should say I put the tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving. My boys also have a little tree that they put their ornaments on.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #12
Staci16

We put our Tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving also. I still have everything else to get out and put up!

Staci
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
onemobetta
Super Ultra Member

Question Tree Prices

Does anyone know the current price for a nice 6 to 7 foot live tree? I heard someone that said they were going for as much as $30.00 a foot. I don't know if that was around here or New York or what.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
StarsRUs
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemobetta View Post
Does anyone know the current price for a nice 6 to 7 foot live tree? I heard someone that said they were going for as much as $30.00 a foot. I don't know if that was around here or New York or what.
Don't you imagine that the price of a tree varies for the area you live in??
Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
Missouri Mom
Here.

We put our tree up the day before Thanksgiving this year. We need to pick up some hangers so that we can add a few more ornaments, but that's it. Now on a warmer weather day, we need to add the lights to the house. I've got the shopping started already (woo) and we're getting ready to have fun with the 25 days of Christmas Things To Do here at home.

Closed Thread