1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Exclamation Attention...

This is the unofficial 2006 greeting to all new and old posters. New posters (newbies..lol) welcome don't be shy....we are more bark than bite . Old posters you know the drill....check in and be accounted for....tell us what your up to this year.....

Okay.....since I'm not shy I'll start....can't believe it will be six years here on the board....what's the six year anniversary gift??....anybody know...trip to Branson..lol. Well, my free time is here on the board....busy time is with hubby and my girls. New lab puppy is alot of work...she hates car rides....doesn't like outside at all...so hunting with her should be a challenge for hubby. Been trying to plan around everyone's schedule for the summers vacations....of course I'm ready anytime...seems like with the kids they are so busy I almost now have to make an appointment to see them....so really looking forward to "family vacations".

So don't be shy.....jump in and tell us what's up....or down...lol..

Old 02-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Well, I've been here probably about the same 6 years. Have a sister and brother-in-law that live in the Branson area along with other family and friends in Springfield and down as far as Arkansas so try to get down often for visits. Have been in the banking field for 28 years (this April) Gosh - hard to believe it. But love what I do. Married with a four-legged fuzzy person by the name of Gigi, a wonderful 3 year old Schipperke who is a handful. Has separate anxiety so have her on puppy prozac, but she is our baby. We got her at one of the local shelters and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Hobbies - let's see - shopping for antiques (Coca Cola, Western - Hopalong Cassidy especially - Painted graniteware and brushed aluminum kitchen collectibles). Also target shooting when I get the time - love to go show up hubby at the range.

Other than that - that is about it, but I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Vickie
Old 02-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Oh come you guys....Vickie and I are harmless...your reading but not posting....you can't be all that boring..lolol....I'm sure you have something exciting to share....
Old 02-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

I live with my hubby, one daughter and two dogs. I also have another daughter that is married and has a little girl that will be two in May. I love going to Branson. I think last year I went seven times!!! I'm not too far away, so that makes it nice!!
I worked in as department store for 11 years, but after I had my second daughter I started baby sitting. I've done that for 21 years now. But right now I only watch my little grand daughter!
I like going to flea markets and going to yard sales. Never know what you might find!
This is my social life, sorry to say. But I have made lots of new friends on here and I have met some of them too!

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/

Last edited by deb_803; 02-09-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Aye Aye Captains........President Cheesecake is here and accounted for.
Writing from the Square Office here on the Farm in Central Dent Co Missouri, I wish to tell you.......''boy are you nosey" .

This year has already been momentous....after all the Hips and HeartAttacks of last fall.....the HwyPatrol Kid....had spinal surgery......a tumor on his spinal cord.......Jan 17th.....Dr. Lee at St Johns in Springfield....removed it, and we held a family reunion, including all of us from here, and Tucson AZ.....in the Deerfield Inn on Battlefield. Oh...we visited the kiddo under powerful drugs in the hospital too........nice room on Floor 6.

While we were there the neighbor was air vac'd to the same hospital with a heart attack....''she'' wife of ''he'', is daughterinlaws fathers first cousin......thus.....we had a family reunion from that side. We pretty much ruled the St. Johns for about 3 days.

Never underestimate the power of LOCALS.......they know everyone, and are related to everyone.

Everyone is doing fine, Son is back to work, as of yesterday, (hint) plain white wrapper...pretty much on I44 out of Troop I........watch it coming past the 184 mile marker...a real speed trap

Hubby is off to Arkansas, on the west side of the state today.....keepin' on truckin' like he likes.......you'd think he had a Winnebago instead of a Peterbilt.

He had a Dr's appt for his nearly 6th month post heart attack....he is doing super.

Now Im in this office doing taxes, corporate papers, and hustling loads......being my own boss provides me with many perks.......like visiting this message board.......

And, by the amount of posts Ive made.....you can tell this MUST BE MY HOBBY.

Hugs to all.......and you newbies?.....you will remain newbies if you don't dive in here and become an old-timer ..........we are an amazing group of dingbats.........a few moonbats too.........but remember, if you don't take the leap and join us.....YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON SOME AMAZING INTERACTION.

And you wont know anything about it, til you let us ''grab ya''.

Ok 4's............you nosey Iowan.......you got my endorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by self
Editing:
I forgot to tell you who I live with.
No not a rock star....it's the Truckinfarmer, whom I married 30 years ago come March 19 in Miami OK.......a second marriage for us both.
I have three children, one daughter and twin sons, and there are 5 grandchildren and one greatgrand daughter.
There is Rose the Orange Cat and Matilda the Border Collie.

My Mom lives in the San Francisco Bay area where I grew up, after I left Minnesota when I was 12.

We are Truckers and Farmers....more truckin than farmin right now...
We are three hours of safe driving from Branson....I make it in 2.25 hours.

I live really near the Current River, thus.....we just cuss the tourists.....ROFLOL......what a thing to add in a tourism board? hehehe......
Sorry Basil.

Last edited by Cheesecake; 02-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Okay...I'll go next. I'm married and the Mom of two beautiful daughters, and a "Nanna" to four precious grandbabies...3 belong to my youngest daughter...and my oldest daughter, who had given up on ever being able to have a child, is the Mom of my youngest grandchild, after 9 years of trying! My grandson just turned 6, his sisters, the twins, have just turned 4, and my youngest grandaughter is a little over a year old.

I am titled "Administrative Assistant" in the job I have now with our city's Parks and Recreation department, but think I am actually just a flunky. I've been here 10 years, (suppose I must enjoy being a "flunky" ) after 17 years in the banking industry.

I have one pet, a big ole part German Shepherd, part mutt, whose name is Bear....we've had him 10 years, he's like my child, too.

We "found" Branson only 6 years ago...and fell in love with it. We started out going once or twice a year, and then we were up to 8 times last year. We only live about 6 hours away, so it's a great "long week-end" place for us.

Found this board over a year ago, and just love it. I come in contact daily with such a great group of people, and have met and made some very good friends through the board...hopefully will meet more one day.

NEXT..........

Last edited by PatiCake101; 02-07-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

I LIVE WITH A DH, GRANDDAUGHTER AND A GUINEA PIG. RAISED IN A HOME FOR KIDS . GRAD. IN 1959. WENT TO SCHOOL WITH MY DH.I HAD TWO KIDS. MY DAUGHTER WE LAID TO REST ALMOST 11 YEARS AGO. HAVE A SON ,A DIL AND A 8 YEAR OLD GRANDSON.ALSO ANOTHER GRANDSON WHO IS 20 YEARS OLD. WE FIRST WENT TO BRANSON IN 1972.DH AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO BRANSON BEGINNING IN 1987.THIS COMING MAY THE 24TH WE WILL BE MARRIED 47 YEARS. I WORK NOW IN THE SAME SCHOOL I GRAD. FROM.

Last edited by PUMPKIN; 02-07-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
Countrygirl

I found this board nearly a year ago and it has been so wonderful to receive and read great information from different people who have different taste. I first came to Branson back in the 70's with my parents and sister and then my family started coming in 1991 and came several summers in a row for a while and then we missed about 2 years and came back. So many things have changed I know from year to year things keep changing.

. I live witha DH and 2 great kids ages 16,11 we are approx. an 8 hr. drive from Branson and usually only get to come once a year. We were not able to come last summer but hubby and myself are coming in April to celebrate our 17 yr. anniversary and I am very excited.

We live in a small community and our kids go to a small school (K-12 grade 305 kids total) but we like it that way. I work for my dad who owns his own logging business (31 yrs.) I have worked for him for 10 years and I really like it, makes it nice when you have kids to have a flexible schedule.

I hope to one day meet some people from the board especailly Patty she has given me lots of great advice.

Last edited by Countrygirl; 02-07-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
MRC 81's Mom
Super Ultra Member

I Love Branson!

HI! i HAVE BEEN READING THIS BOARD FOR A LONG TIME. I REALLY ENJOY IT . ITS THE FIRST THING I DO WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK. I AM MARRIED AND I HAVE 2 SONS WHO ARE STILL AT HOME. I HAVE BEEN COMING TO BRANSON SINCE I WAS AROUND 16. I LOVE COMING AND THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO DO. I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO COMING IN JUNE, ALREADY PLANNING MY TRIP. I ENJOY COOKING, CRAFTS AND WORKING IN MY YARD.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
jrnew
Tyler James is HERE!

I have been on the board for a little over two years, found it after our first trip to Branson. We use to live closer, but now are about 8 hours away. We are going to try to go AT least once a year, but with our schedules once may be all we can find time for.

It is just DH and myself, we have been married for nearly 7 years. We sometimes go to Branson with my folks, or have met his folks down there for the day. Last year I took my college roomie and her kids for nearly a week and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

If all goes well we should be planning a Fall trip before long, YEAH!

Jamie
Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #11
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Hello everyone!

It is just me, my husband and our dog. We took our first trip to Branson together back in October of 1998 for our honeymoon and fell in love with the place. We now go once a year. Would love to go more but my husband works way too much. Hoping to someday move there but I think that might be a long time away. We are in our mid 30's so retirement and/or winning the lottery isn't going to happen soon. Our favorite time to go is the first week of October to celebrate our anniversary. This year though we are making our first trip in May.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
MRC 81
CEO Member

Hi Mom!!! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC 81's Mom
HI! i HAVE BEEN READING THIS BOARD FOR A LONG TIME. I REALLY ENJOY IT . ITS THE FIRST THING I DO WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK. I AM MARRIED AND I HAVE 2 SONS WHO ARE STILL AT HOME. I HAVE BEEN COMING TO BRANSON SINCE I WAS AROUND 16. I LOVE COMING AND THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO DO. I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO COMING IN JUNE, ALREADY PLANNING MY TRIP. I ENJOY COOKING, CRAFTS AND WORKING IN MY YARD.

Last edited by MRC 81; 03-24-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-07-2006, 08:47 PM   #13
oldbranhand

Hi Everyone

I/we (it is a joint membership) have only been on the forum for a short time but we find it very helpful and good fun.

Last August we bought a condo in Branson so now we live here about half the time. Since we are retired we have plenty of time to enjoy all of the area's attractions.

We first came to Branson in the early 60's. We both graduated form High School here. Her family lived in Rockaway Beach. If there was a better place to be a teen in those days, I don't know where it would have been.

Even though we lived away from branson, we kept a trailer at Treasure Lake for years, but I finally decided I wanted something that didn't have a sewer hose. The condo is much easier as I advance in years (I'm not THAT old, I just like a simple life).

We really do appreciate all the good information and opinions we get here. We hope everyone will continue to contribute.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #14
ilovebranson

I have been a member of this board for 6 years. Have not been posting any comments myself lately, but love to read what everyone else writes.

We live in Central Illinois on a farm, but my husband is no longer farming. He owns a machine repair shop and I am a tax accountant at a large insurance company. We have 8 children and 16 grandchildren. Our 8th child just went away to college this year. After living in the country all her life, she chose to go to school in downtown Chicago. Talk about culture shock!

I am still trying to adjust to not having any children at home. This is the first time since 1970 that our house has been empty. I have been spending a lot of time on the computer and my husband is always in front of the tv. lol

We are looking forward to our next trip to Branson sometime in July. Then we will go back for Thanksgiving as we have two daughters that live in the Branson area.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
nannac
Super Ultra Member

Well, I guess it's my turn. As my name suggests, I am a Nanna to 6 grandsons, and 1 granddaughter. I am married to my high school sweetheart, and we have 3 beautiful grown daughters. I am semi-retired, and dh works as a construction superintendant for a large company.
We started going to Branson when our children were small. We later spent our summer vacations at the gulf, but have recently returned to Branson as our vacation choice. We live 5 hrs. from Branson. We bought a timeshare there last year, and will spend a weekend in March there. We spend most of our spare time following the grandsons around Arkansas with their ball teams. I guess you could say we are their biggest fans!!! The granddaughter is the youngest, and she is into dance, and plays tee-ball.
I spend alot of time on the computer for pasttime, when I am not busy with the grandchildren.
I came to this board almost a year ago, looking for lodging information. This is a great forum, and it is very addictive!!! The people on here have been great! Would be nice if we could all have a get together some day!

Last edited by nannac; 02-07-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Closed Thread