1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
adair iowa

Holiday Inn Express Green Mtn Dr

Could not find a review thing for it so here goes.

Arrived Thursday Nov 1.
Left Tuesday Nov 6 about 630am.

Clean room 531 on 5ht floor which was a jacuzzi suite. Was smoking room & we dont smoke. Actually this was only jacuzzi room left so I took it when reserved it. DW quite smoking in April. Room smelled of smoke & only smoke when walked in. Nothing MUSTY. Asked room maid for some destinker Friday am & gave us 2 options. Took the bottle of febreeze and squirted it every where.
Took the smell out.
Nice room. was not dirty or nothing under bed etc..
Nothing broke.

Very nice maid but actually when we go to motel I and dw especially dont want anyone in room. You know laptop and other electronic items.
We got fresh towels and emptied garbage and all was ok.
Nice jacuzzi.
Nice towels.
Staff was friendly and courteous.
Continental buffet was the normal B & G, cereal, fruit & bread with drinks. Nothing fancy but ok.

I/we would recommend this place to stay & would stay there againg instantly.

Last edited by adair iowa; 11-06-2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: rewording
Old 11-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Exclamation Keep Your Valuables With You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adair iowa View Post
Very nice maid but actually when we go to motel I and dw especially dont want anyone in room. You know laptop and other electronic items.
We got fresh towels and emptied garbage and all was ok.
Nice jacuzzi.
You should not leave anything of value, in your hotel room, when you are not there.

Occassionally, the front desk clerk may goof and issue your room to another person, whilst you are out, purely by accident. It happened to me twice on the same trip, last year. As I am an honest person, once I realised that someone's belongings were in the room, I closed the door behind me and went straight back to the desk to report the problem. The other time, someone was in the room, but lucky for both of us.......the deadbolt was on, which should always be on when you are in your room.

Your valuables should be kept in the trunk of your car, out of sight, because they can "walk" from hotel rooms and the hotel and staff are not liable for your loss.

Coach Man.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
littlefriend
Ultra Member

We have also been given the key to a room that was already taken. I would have been so embarassed if the people had been in the room when I came through the door!

I never leave anything valuable in the rooms either. I even put my straightening iron in the trunk of the car! It is too expensive to want to have to replace!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Geesh, I guess we're too trusting, we have left our laptop in the room before, not always but we have done it. I have stayed where there is a safe in the room, and that is very handy.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

We've been given keys and unlocked the door to a room that was already rented also! Good thing no one was in it when we opened the door! ANd the motel told us it was our luggage that was in the room! Took us a while to convince them otherwise, and then they couldn't figure out what they had done with our stuff. This was an occasion where we had to change rooms while staying at the same motel, and they had us set our luggage beside the door and they moved it for us!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
JoLaLaLa

Haven't stayed at this HI Express, but we did stay at one on our way through Indiana over the summer. I don't know if it was just the particular location we were at or if it is a nationwide thing, but they had the absolute most comfortable motel bed I think I have EVER slept on. (And I have stayed in a lot of them!) I got more sleep that night of the trip than any other night we were gone. In fact, the bed amazed me so much, that we are needing a new mattress and I have seriously considered calling the place we stayed and finding out what kind of mattresses they have before we buy anything. LOL
Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
adair iowa

My pick up does not have a trunk.
I travel all through out Iowa with a lap top and always leave it in the room.
Knock on a tree but I have never come up missing anything, YET.
Have not been issued a key for someone elses room nor have I had someone walk in on me.
Maybe I am one of the few and I hope it does not happen to me/us.
Thanks for the tip.

Now when I go to Phoenix AZ, I do take the laptop with me, as I do not trust anyone there like I would in midwest.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Thanks for the review...glad yall had a great stay!!

Closed Thread