1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Sharon Willson
BransonSister

REVIEW: Terry Sanders aka Homer Lee - Terry Wayne Sanders

Recently I read from kbradleyar about how she found Terry Wayne Sanders to be a kind, courteous, and gentle person. Having been a traveler to the Branson area for over 25 years now. I can say without a doubt Terry Sanders is Mr. Branson. He never fails to speak to anyone who talks to him at a show, at the amusement parks where he works, restaurants, church. You may wonder how I know this. Last Monday, October 22, Terry and I were in Clockers Restaurant. We had to wait to be seated and a gentleman started speaking to Terry. The conversation lasted most of our wait. Also during that time another former Branson entertainer, Mike Radford and his wife, said hello to Terry. Tim Brooks's (owner of Clockers) daughter stopped by our table to show Terry her engagement ring. During this time he graciously spoke to each person about their well being, families, and the great changes in Branson. Too often entertainers get caught in up in their life, work, or problems to take time to be as friendly as Terry Sanders. I experienced this on a much deeper level with him 6 years ago when my husband died suddenly, and he took time to help through many rough days. His whole family: wife, Dede and 2 sons, Austin and Evan, share this wonderful attribute of kindness, generosity, and courtesy. Terry can be the world's funniest man to many including myself.However I feel like he is a dear friend to me, and tribute to Branson hospitality to all who come there. With Terry Wayne Sanders and those entertainers like him you have the jewels of Branson.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Don D
"Smilin Don"

Location: Fort Smith,Ar. 60 Mi.So. of UofA Campus. 3hr drive to Branson.
I second this post. My wife and I started visiting Branson in 1979. We first saw Terry with the "Wilkinson Brothers", Where "The Dutton Theatre" is now. I can't remember the exact year we met him. He was the same then, as now, not only one of the best entertainers, but, such a kind, friendly person that always has time for you. He has a wonderful family he is very proud of. That tells you of his character. After working so many hrs a week for all these years he looks like he did 20 yrs ago. I think he must have found the fountain of youth.

', later the Box Car Willie, now the Duttons Theatre.
Don...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
tina_als_girl

Terry Sanders is one of the people I look forward to seeing most when coming to Branson, whether it be on the Vacation Channel or walking past him at Silver Dollar City. He never fails to bring a smile to people's faces. Earlier this year, I saw him at SDC and asked if I could have a picture taken with him. It looked like he was on his way to someplace, but he had no problem with stopping long enough for me to get the photo.

That photo is on the far right of my signature picture. The photo on the far left is of 10-year-old me and Mr. Sanders square-dancing at SDC back in October 1995. I thought it'd be cool to have two photos, each a decade apart from the other, to compare--with me as a kid, and me as an adult... to showcase how SDC and Terry Sanders have become to me what Disneyland and Mickey Mouse are to others (as well as using that past/present angle to emphasize preserving Tom Sawyer's Landing and Huck Finn's Hideaway for future generations).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to go see the Branson Brothers someday soon.

Joy

Last edited by tina_als_girl; 10-28-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: addition

Closed Thread