1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
Sharon Willson
BransonSister

REVIEW: Terry Sanders aka Homer Lee - Terry Sanders aka Homer Lee

Terry Sanders is one of the funniest men in Branson. His humor is directed a giving all ages a good belly laugh and incorporate all of Branson's many features. He portrays many different people on stage and does them well. As the expression goes: "Impersonation is the greatest complement" to the other person. In his new show, Branson Brothers, Terry is assisting the the band, singers, and himself with his many skits. He gives of himself in this way so very freely. Before the show and at intermission Terry is there to make new acquaintances, meet with old friends, and enjoy the public. Immediately after the show he leaves for Celebation City this summer where he is the best Barney Fife around. Within the park Terry has made many new friends who will miss him when he returns to Silver Dollar city as Deputy Birdie at the end of this month. His wife, Dede and sons can be so very proud of his work. They are also very active in Branson theater at Shepherd of the Hills. This is a classic Branson comedian and Branson family.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
georgette

All of your posts are about the Branson Brothers...strange.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
mrmiczim

totaly Agree With This Review!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Willson
Terry Sanders is one of the funniest men in Branson. His humor is directed a giving all ages a good belly laugh and incorporate all of Branson's many features. He portrays many different people on stage and does them well. As the expression goes: "Impersonation is the greatest complement" to the other person. In his new show, Branson Brothers, Terry is assisting the the band, singers, and himself with his many skits. He gives of himself in this way so very freely. Before the show and at intermission Terry is there to make new acquaintances, meet with old friends, and enjoy the public. Immediately after the show he leaves for Celebation City this summer where he is the best Barney Fife around. Within the park Terry has made many new friends who will miss him when he returns to Silver Dollar city as Deputy Birdie at the end of this month. His wife, Dede and sons can be so very proud of his work. They are also very active in Branson theater at Shepherd of the Hills. This is a classic Branson comedian and Branson family.

Sounds like it was copied out of something or written by his public relations people.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
chicago fire

Not even subtle

It does seem kind of forced or written by public affairs people.

I just wish that they would be a bit less obvious about it is all.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 AM   #6
Country Gal
Carrie Underwood Fan

Thanks for the review!!....Terry is a very funny man
Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #7
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Geese don't blame Terry for this ''canned'' review.......

Let him speak for himself, he is a member here.........and very very funny.

I love all his characters, so convincingly portrayed............how do I know?
Well that Grandma of his, is an old lady...and he has ME depicted ...and it is down pat.

Takes one to know one, you know.

And, I am mad about Joan Rivers........and, he can do Joan as well as Tony Roi does Elvis.............we must give credit here where credit is due.

Never judge a book by it's cover folks.........
There are some ''writer'' wannabee's trying out..on this message board...smug and satisfied with their compositions...........
Chicago Fire:
Please, don't blame the ''subject'' of the story.....that is even more obnoxious than the review itself.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

I agree that it sounds like a press release, but it happens too many times on the board. Someone goes to a show, and you get praise plus a web site to go to. First time to a motel , and much of the same. But many of you that are complaining now don't have a lot of posts either. This is a message board, and it's getting further away from it's original purpose, not to run commercials. The more I see it, there are a lot of jealous and vicious people in Branson.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #9
georgette

Nope, I always loved Terry Sanders at SDC! I just like hearing from other tourists about their trips and experiences and this sounded like something from the back of a brochure, which ruins the point of trying to get info from here!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
chicago fire

Too many people with an agenda here.

How does someone having one post mean less than someone having 2000? Well I guess the problem is that far too many theaters, ticket sellers, and shows are using this place to put forth their own agenda.

It is obvious what you hear from the ticket sellers. It is PAINFULLY obvious when a theater or an entertainer is writing.

It actually removes a lot of the integrity of the board. It becomes nothing but a marketing tool, and not a place with people who have opinions.

Look at the amount of GLOWING reviews for shows that don't belong on a stage. You see them all the time. Pretty soon it will be nothing but entertainers talking to ticket sellers about how great the shows are.

Why is it "petty jealousy" when you don't like the show? Why is a bad review bad? It is as honest an opinion as a glowing review. It may indeed sting more, but is it just as truthfull.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago fire
How does someone having one post mean less than someone having 2000? Well I guess the problem is that far too many theaters, ticket sellers, and shows are using this place to put forth their own agenda.

It is obvious what you hear from the ticket sellers. It is PAINFULLY obvious when a theater or an entertainer is writing.

It actually removes a lot of the integrity of the board. It becomes nothing but a marketing tool, and not a place with people who have opinions.

Look at the amount of GLOWING reviews for shows that don't belong on a stage. You see them all the time. Pretty soon it will be nothing but entertainers talking to ticket sellers about how great the shows are.

Why is it "petty jealousy" when you don't like the show? Why is a bad review bad? It is as honest an opinion as a glowing review. It may indeed sting more, but is it just as truthfull.
Gosh, you have made alot of assumptions here.
In fact, you made the assumption in another thread http://www.1branson.com/forum/t21290.html
that I am Gene Williams using that post to promo the free taping of his Show.
Truly giving Gene Williams a promo was not my intention.
I really enjoy the #1 Hits of the 60s and Liverpool Legends.
If I was going to be in Branson on Aug.20th, I would be at the taping.
But since I am not going to be, I wanted to share the information so others might have the opportunity.
Suselit
Old 08-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #12
nohona
Ultra Member

Suselit is Gene Williams!!!!!

Heaven forbid. Put bamboo spikes under fingernails. Suselit is a lovely wonderful person and promotes Branson beautifully. Let's get Suselit a television show then we can all be guests and get free national publicity for the BB Theater.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohona
Suselit is Gene Williams!!!!!

Heaven forbid. Put bamboo spikes under fingernails. Suselit is a lovely wonderful person and promotes Branson beautifully. Let's get Suselit a television show then we can all be guests and get free national publicity for the BB Theater.
Thanks, Nohona.
If I did have a TV Show, I would ask Terry Sanders to be my Co-Host.
His quick wit would keep things going smoothing and hilariously.
He would make sure that the audience was entertained.
And I wouldn't need Guests!
Terry could be Joan Rivers, Cher....anyone I wanted, he could become.

I remember the first time I saw Terry at The Braschlers Show.
It's was like, Whoa! What's this guy doing? He is so outrageously funny!
And he still keeps his comedy fresh and...Gosh! Did he really Do That?!?

So look, we all don't laugh at the same things and maybe some people don't laugh much at all.
But maybe we should all laugh more.

Message to Lucas Oil:
I'm available.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #14
chicago fire

This is where this gets interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit
Gosh, you have made alot of assumptions here.
In fact, you made the assumption in another thread http://www.1branson.com/forum/t21290.html
that I am Gene Williams using that post to promo the free taping of his Show.
Truly giving Gene Williams a promo was not my intention.
I really enjoy the #1 Hits of the 60s and Liverpool Legends.
If I was going to be in Branson on Aug.20th, I would be at the taping.
But since I am not going to be, I wanted to share the information so others might have the opportunity.
Suselit
Sue let me ask you a question. Where on EITHER thread did I say YOU are Gene Williams?

Nope not ever. I said GENE has learned to use this board as a promo device.
I said that it is obvious when entertainers, and theater owners and ticket sellers post.Or should I just say SOMEONE with a stake in the show.

Nope NEVER said YOU were Gene. But see how interesting it is? You respond and say I MAKE assumptions, hmmmmmmmmmmm "Pot kettle?".

2 interesting things to keep in mind Sue.

1) people don't get mad when you tell lies about them, they get mad when you tell the truth.

2) when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the only one who yelps, is the one who got hurt.

So settle down before you put words in MY mouth and make assumptions.
To be clear, I NEVER said you were Gene Williams, ONLY that he has learned how to use this board as a promo device.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #15
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago fire
Sue let me ask you a question. Where on EITHER thread did I say YOU are Gene Williams?

Nope not ever. I said GENE has learned to use this board as a promo device.
I said that it is obvious when entertainers, and theater owners and ticket sellers post.Or should I just say SOMEONE with a stake in the show.

Nope NEVER said YOU were Gene. But see how interesting it is? You respond and say I MAKE assumptions, hmmmmmmmmmmm "Pot kettle?".

2 interesting things to keep in mind Sue.

1) people don't get mad when you tell lies about them, they get mad when you tell the truth.

2) when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the only one who yelps, is the one who got hurt.

So settle down before you put words in MY mouth and make assumptions.
To be clear, I NEVER said you were Gene Williams, ONLY that he has learned how to use this board as a promo device.
You are right, I made an assumption that since I started that thread, you thought I was in some way being used by Gene Williams to promo his show.
And I knew you didn't think I was Gene Williams, I was trying to be funny.
Guess I wasn't funny...That's why I need Terry Sanders to Co-Host.

And I'm not mad at you, Chicago Fire, and I don't think that you threw a rock at me and I don't think that you told a pack of lies about me.
I am sorry if my post sounded like I was angry.

To be honest, I have been a little taken aback by all the strong opinions in that thread.
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t21290.html
I knew from past messages here that Gene Williams was not a popular personality.
He seems to represent an almost Hill Billy image of Branson.
But I posted the information because of the Guests that will be taped that day.

Chicago Fire, would you please site some incidences of Gene Williams using this board to promote his show.

Closed Thread