1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 07-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Independence Day show musings....

Went back to see a few of the shows I usually see at least a couple times a year, however for the first time, this year was the first time for each.

1. Clay Coopers Country Express: Saw his show many years ago, didn't like it enough to go back for maybe, what, 6-8 years? But, wow, has it ever improved (or maybe I have evolved, who knows??)!! Clay, as he is well known for, does quite a bit of crowd interaction...the night I happened to be there, he picked a couple of different people who were absolutely hilarious in their interaction with him, and he with them, back and forth, numerous times. The song selection was superb, and the dancing, thanks to Tina, was so much fun! She is such a hard working woman...out in front, in the ticket booth selling tickets when needed, then back stage prepping the show, then performing....wow! This is a show to go see, if you have not already....lots of different music, country, western, rock, and a very crowd pleasing rendition of Uptown Funk, and that WAS a surprise to me....against, a great big THANK YOU to Tina!!

2. The Haygoods: Well, what can I say about this show that I have not already in past postings?? They bill this years show as "all new"....and it was, to a point. They have mixed up all the previous songs they have performed for years, into different parts of their current show...and thrown a few more new ones in. I did miss Dominic out front as the MC during the show, as he has traditionally done...but Catherine (and Banjo BOY...boohiss...ha!) did a pretty good job of that this time. All in all, a very fun show, very energetic as usual, with even more lasers and other pyro effects. A "must see", IMO.

3. And, I have saved my favorite for last, that of Shane, David, and Heather Gentry performing in "Waylon, Willie and the Good Ol' Boys"! This show is, IMO, the absolute BEST that Branson has to offer if you enjoy NON STOP, close up and personal, professional performances of the VERY BEST of the older, high energy, toe tapping, leg slapping, hand clapping, two stepping, just get up and shake it, type of "Outlaw" country and western music. From Bob Wills "San Antonio Rose", to Jerry Reeds "Amos Moses", to Buck Owens "Tiger By The Tail", this show HAS IT ALL! David and Shane (also known as Brother South) were, I think, born to sing together, these guys are the perfect pair to play off each other, with their humor, their singing, and their support of each other. Then there is Heather Gentry..OMG...she does NOT get older every season..she just gets better with her vocals, dancing, and stage attire, and even MORE beautiful, while losing none of her natural charm, her kind heart, and her magnetic personality. You can witness this, both during the intermission, and, after the show, when she is surrounded by both male and female admirers...all wanting to meet her, talk with her, and see her up close. And she never fails to charm every one of her admires...from 5 years of age, to 85! Well done, Heather, as usual!

Once again, for those that do not know where this show plays, it's in that little theatre that is so easy to drive by, across the street from both the Rib Crib, and the Music City Centre...called the God and Country Theatre. Don't let its low key, older interior, and small theatre rooms dissuade you....it makes it all the more personal, and truly unique to catch not only this show, but they have many, many other shows that also play there. Go check it out!

Last edited by leftsaidted; 07-09-2018 at 06:33 PM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Went back to see a few of the shows I usually see at least a couple times a year, however for the first time, this year was the first time for each.

2. The Haygoods: Well, what can I say about this show that I have not already in past postings?? They bill this years show as "all new"....and it was, to a point. They have mixed up all the previous songs they have performed for years, into different parts of their current show...and thrown a few more new ones in. I did miss Dominic out front as the MC during the show, as he has traditionally done...but Catherine (and Banjo BOY...boohiss...ha!) did a pretty good job of that this time. All in all, a very fun show, very energetic as usual, with even more lasers and other pyro effects. A "must see", IMO.

!
The Haygoods is an "almost" all new show this year.. I think they put in 12 new songs this year, and did a new twist on Devil Went Down to Georgia and the Banjo Boy feud..!
Great Show, these guys and gal do a fantastic job...!