1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Do you stay at the same place trip after trip?

Just wondering how many people stay at the same motel, hotel, condo, etc. every trip. We started out at a bed and breakfast for our honeymoon. It was really nice but way too far from the strip for us. So then the next year we tried out Grand Country which we really enjoyed and loved the location. We did not go for a couple of years but when we planned on going back we would have stayed at Grand Country again but they had since put in the water park and the prices went up. Didn't really want to pay the extra for the water park when we knew we wouldn't use it so we tried Mountain Music Inn. Again, really enjoyed it but the next year after hearing so many great reviews about the Dutton Inn decided to try it. Well we stayed there for two years in a row but couldn't get a reservation for the third time. So that is how we ended up at Alpenrose Inn and have been there ever since. We make our reservations a year in advance and get the same room each time.

So do you try different places each trip or stick to what you like?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

I'm smiling because we've stayed at the same places as you. When we first started going to Branson, we stayed at Grand Country. It was perfect for our young family. After 2 years there, the following year we got All City passes, so we didn't need the hotel water park. We decided to try Mountain Music Inn, based on reviews on this board. Stayed there twice that year and really liked it. The next year, we were going for Spring Break and Southern Oaks was a hot topic here, so we tried it. Now we stay at Southern Oaks when we're looking for a hotel. However, each of the last three years, we've also stayed at cabins or condos. Cooper Creek, The Wilderness and Thousand Hills -- our favorite was The Wilderness and we're already planning to stay there next summer. I'm so hesitant to try new places that we do tend to be pretty loyal to the same places.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
ejean

My husband and I stay at the Clarion. Always good service in getting the room we want and we always book ahead a month or more. It is right on the strip where we can watch from our balcony at all the action and we can walk to several shows.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
shis1
Str8fn

We, too, get in a 'rut' and seem to repeat motels! Holiday Inn Express, Whispering Hills, Scenic Hills, the Dutton Inn, etc. However, we are going for something entirely different on this next trip we have planned ---- camping! Last week end we bought a new 26' travel trailer and have reservations at Oak Grove Campground in Branson. I'm really excited! We started out with a pop up years ago, moved up to a Coachman travel trailer, sold that and bought property on the Lake of the Ozarks. After about 10 years, we put a 2nd story on that house and doubled the size. But I miss camping, and finally talked DH into a travel trailer (but he wouldn't give up the lake house; so now we have a camper and a lake house) So now I guess we'll see how many campgrounds we like, or maybe stay with the same one time after time!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Critter
Super Ultra Member

We go up to Branson about 4 times a year and the past few years we have stayed at Southern Oaks. I want something different this year. I thought about staying at Dockers Inn. We like eating breakfast there and that would be right there. We will be there next weekend!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
woodsouth

We've stayed at Mountain Music Inn, the Dutton Inn and Melody Lane Inn. Mountain Music was ok but they were short on help when we stayed. We liked Melody Lane because it's right on the strip and they have the swings. DH is a ppl watcher so it was fun sitting and watching the actvity on the strip. But the staff wasn't as friendly and the place needs renovating. The Dutton's is our favorite because of price, cleanliness and location! This will be our second time to stay there.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

When my husband and I started going to Branson we usually stayed on the strip but in 2001 I talked him into staying on Indian Point where I stayed with my family as a child (Indian Point Lodge). For the last 2 years we have stayed exclusively at the Tribesmans Resort because we love the location, family activities, it's clean and affordable. We have also stayed at Stillwaters, Eagles View condos, Uncle John's Inn and in the 1990's the Best Western and the Hampton Inn on the Strip.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

The first year we came we became owners at Treasure Lake and we have stayed there in ever since the mid 80's then we dh & I came for the first time we started staying in the rentals and have only stayed one other place since then. We of course love it and will keep staying there year after year.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Hubby doesn't want to stay in town because of all the traffic, so we usually stay on Indian Point. The first year we came to Branson, we stayed at Crow's Nest because it was affordable and it was close to Silver Dollar City. We didn't like Crow's Nest - the swimming pool wasn't kept very well and it didn't have much for ds to do. The next three years, we stayed at White Wing Resort. We liked it and would have stayed there this year, but they went to a 7 night minimum during busy season, so we decided to stay at Tribesman Resort this year. I've been trying to get hubby to stay there for a couple years due to all the good things I've heard about it. I can't wait to go there in a couple weeks! I'm excited about the dishwasher - I won't have to do dishes during vacation!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
Just wondering how many people stay at the same motel, hotel, condo, etc. every trip. We started out at a bed and breakfast for our honeymoon. It was really nice but way too far from the strip for us. So then the next year we tried out Grand Country which we really enjoyed and loved the location. We did not go for a couple of years but when we planned on going back we would have stayed at Grand Country again but they had since put in the water park and the prices went up. Didn't really want to pay the extra for the water park when we knew we wouldn't use it so we tried Mountain Music Inn. Again, really enjoyed it but the next year after hearing so many great reviews about the Dutton Inn decided to try it. Well we stayed there for two years in a row but couldn't get a reservation for the third time. So that is how we ended up at Alpenrose Inn and have been there ever since. We make our reservations a year in advance and get the same room each time.

So do you try different places each trip or stick to what you like?
THF~I went to Alpenrose online and their reservation system is down. Can you give me a ball park room rate? DH and I are making a quick trip this weekend (one night stay) and I've checked these so far...

Southern Oaks, about $54; Mountain Music Inn, motel $48; Bradford Inn, $79 room #3; Dutton Inn's reservation system is down (it seems to always be down!); Peach Tree Inn, couldn't find a rate.

If anyone has some suggestions. I've checked BB and SH online and they don't have availability. Not sure if its because of a 1 night stay (2 night minimum) or if they just don't have a vacancy. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
zmom

Wink

We also tend to go back to the same place every year and always on Indian Point. We love to go into town, but return to the beautiful and tranquil lake. I also love to hear the train at SDC. For a few years we always went with my parents, sister's family, etc... so we stayed at Stillwaters to have a large condo. Then the past three years we have stayed at the Wilderness in their log cabins. We just love it there. Our kids sleep in and hubby and I cook breakfast on the grill, sit in the rockers and enjoy the timber. Totally relaxing. However, this spring when I went to book a cabin they had raised their prices to $215 a night. So, I thought for that price we'd go back to Stillwaters because they offer quite a bit more as fas as activities go, much nicer pools and it is the same price. I did check back at the Wilderness about a month later and they had returned to their original rates. According to the gal that answered the phone, not many were renting cabins for that huge amount. I guess we don't like to risk changing and not being happy with our vacation. So, back to Stillwaters for us this year! Can't wait!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Years ago when we took all our little ones with us we stayed at Crows Nest. We also stayed at the Grand Victorian several times. Then years ago I thought I could get better value for my dollars so over the years we've also stayed at Windsor Inn, Fairfield Inn, Comfort Inn by Thousand Hills, Savannah House, Whispering Hills, Indian Trails Resort, Lonesome Dove Log Cabins, and Artilla Cove Resort-which we also like very much. Four years ago we stayed at Branson's Best and it has become our favorite hotel.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
maryinecho
momof2

The 1st time we came to Branson we didn't know too much about many places and we stayed at Green Gables Inn. Very clean and convenient. Last summer we chose Angel Inn because of the big breakfast, but checked out early because this hotel was not clean enough for us. We then moved to the Dutton Inn, which is absolutely spic and span clean and the people there are very friendly. For our trip this summer we are staying at Southern Oaks, mainly because I wanted a hotel with guest laundry, plus they have 2 pools and they have rave reviews. We will be there in 9 days.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #14
nannac
Super Ultra Member

Many yrs. ago we stayed at the Best Western by SDC, then moved uptown to the Grand Country (it wasn't called GC then), we also stayed at the Lodge of the Ozarks, and Settle Inn. The last several trips we have stayed at the Cabins on Green Mt.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #15
turkeyhunter

My wife and I got in a rut the first few years visiting Branson, staying at the same resort, Indian Point Resort for four years straight. Then one year, when we couldn't trade our timeshare week for Indian Point, we began checking other resorts out. We have stayed at West Gate Branson Woods, Holiday Hills, and Palace View. This year we have traded for Fairfield Branson and Sunterra Resorts Plantation at Fall Creek. We like checking out the different resorts, and have found that each one has something we like and something that we don't. Since we own timeshare weeks, we prefer to stay in them rather than in motels.

Closed Thread