Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
So...you don't believe someone hanging upside down on a zipline playing a guitar is a valid reason for leaving a show?
Uh!!?? LOL>!! NO!!

If thats the way it starts, that just mean there is some great stuff coming..!!
Old 01-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #17
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
So...you don't believe someone hanging upside down on a zipline playing a guitar is a valid reason for leaving a show?
Absolutely not! It's a precursor to an exciting, talent filled show!
Now if there were some moron in baggy ovaeralls, straw hat, and blacked out teeth telling 40 year old jokes I might be inclined to leave. But then again, I try to find out if a show is current, new, upbeat, and modern before I buy the tickets.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #18
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Absolutely not! It's a precursor to an exciting, talent filled show!
Now if there were some moron in baggy ovaeralls, straw hat, and blacked out teeth telling 40 year old jokes I might be inclined to leave. But then again, I try to find out if a show is current, new, upbeat, and modern before I buy the tickets.
And therein lies the difference between old school Branson and whatever we should call Branson 2020.

I'd bet the people who got up and left, were of the "Old School Branson" mindset, and didn't do much research on that show before buying tix - they assumed Branson shows are all just like they were 25 yrs ago. They would probably still say that Droopy Drawers is the king of Branson comedy. And that's fine, if that's what you want, but at least do some research before buying tix.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #19
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
And therein lies the difference between old school Branson and whatever we should call Branson 2020.

I'd bet the people who got up and left, were of the "Old School Branson" mindset, and didn't do much research on that show before buying tix - they assumed Branson shows are all just like they were 25 yrs ago. They would probably still say that Droopy Drawers is the king of Branson comedy. And that's fine, if that's what you want, but at least do some research before buying tix.
Last year we presented a major comedian and in all of our advertising, when folks called the box office, on our website, etc. we clearly stated there was adult content and the show was for ages 18+. About four minutes into the show a couple went out to the box office and insisted on their money back because someone used a word they didn’t like. When the box office representative reminded them of the clearly stated adult content advertising, they told the rep they didn’t think a word like that could be used in Branson even if it’s advertised as an 18+ show. We did not issue a refund.

They went back into the theater and stayed for the entire show. I guess they only get offended the first time they hear something and if they can’t get their money back they don’t mind being offended for another two hours. We watched them and they were laughing throughout the entire show. Wonder if they worked for the Chamber of Commerce?
Old 01-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #20
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I guess they only get offended the first time they hear something and if they can’t get their money back they don’t mind being offended for another two hours
To steal a line from another Branson show. "I bet they used a coupon for the tickets."

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 01-21-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #21
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
[QUOTEI guess they only get offended the first time they hear something and if they can’t get their money back they don’t mind being offended for another two hours]
To steal a line from another Branson show. "I bet they used a coupon for the tickets."[/QUOTE]

When they purchased their tickets the first thing they probably asked is if we offer the “$5.00 area desperation discount.” Probably got mad at our answer to that too.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #22
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

I'd bet the people who got up and left, were of the "Old School Branson" mindset, and didn't do much research on that show before buying tix - they assumed Branson shows are all just like they were 25 yrs ago.
That is the essence of the problem Branson faces. The old school audience is dwindling rapidly. Many not wanting to see anything new, and modern that would appeal to a new age of visitors. But a newer audience has not been created in large numbers because of the stereotype of the old school. A circle that is hard to break.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #23
Islander

Leaving a show

Have not seen a show I didn't like. Branson talent is great,but people sitting behind one and doing the shrill whistle is about to make me leave. I'll find a different seat if available.

Closed Thread