1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Leave a show?

I have read many trip reviews on Trip Advisor. It always interests me when people say they leave a show at intermission. We have seen many shows in Branson. Of course like some more than others but have never left early. Do people get their money back if they leave at intermission?
Old 01-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
justgohogs

I can't imagine that they do. it would be even more difficult to make a profit giving money back.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
I have read many trip reviews on Trip Advisor. It always interests me when people say they leave a show at intermission. We have seen many shows in Branson. Of course like some more than others but have never left early. Do people get their money back if they leave at intermission?
As one who has worked in box offices and ticket sales, I can tell you that the answer is no. Especially not if they have stuck around for a full half of the show! Now; if someone comes out maybe and at the 15 minute mark, or less, and has some legit reasons for not wanting to stay, we would consider it. Depending on how they came in. If they came through a ticket seller, we couldn’t make a decision as to whether or not the company would refund them. It was much easier if they bought directly from the box office.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I can tell you as a "regular" show goer throughout Branson,
I have seen many GOOD shows,
I have seen many good shows,
many "ok" shows,
and several NEVER go back shows...
But only have been to 1 leave at halftime show, and if it is sooo bad you want to leave, you dont even consider a refund just glad to be out of there.!!!
Old 01-20-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I can tell you as a "regular" show goer throughout Branson,
I have seen many GOOD shows,
I have seen many good shows,
many "ok" shows,
and several NEVER go back shows...
But only have been to 1 leave at halftime show, and if it is sooo bad you want to leave, you dont even consider a refund just glad to be out of there.!!!
I agree with everything you said, except the one I wanted to leave didn’t have a halftime, so we stuck it out.
I don’t think I would ask for a refund for my bad choices.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
Old 01-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
I agree with everything you said, except the one I wanted to leave didn’t have a halftime, so we stuck it out.
I don’t think I would ask for a refund for my bad choices.
OH!!?? no halftime..... that would be bad, no chance to escape
Old 01-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I remember seeing a group of four get up and leave one of the most popular, repeatedly sold out shows in Branson in the middle of the third song!
By their age, and appearance it was pretty obvious they had no idea of how modern, up beat, and energy filled the group actually is. It certainly didn't help that there was a large school group there, and the teenage girls all went crazy as one of the very popular entertainers made his entrance hanging upside down on a zipline playing his guitar!
My thought then, as now about them leaving at all, let almost ne in the middle of the third song, how rude!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
I remember seeing a group of four get up and leave one of the most popular, repeatedly sold out shows in Branson in the middle of the third song!
By their age, and appearance it was pretty obvious they had no idea of how modern, up beat, and energy filled the group actually is. It certainly didn't help that there was a large school group there, and the teenage girls all went crazy as one of the very popular entertainers made his entrance hanging upside down on a zipline playing his guitar!
My thought then, as now about them leaving at all, let almost ne in the middle of the third song, how rude!

LOL!!! I know exactly what show you are talking about, I have in the past seen people (usually older), get up and leave in the first 5 minutes. I cant imagine leaving that early without giving any of the entertainers a real chance... let alone the show you and I are talking about...
Old 01-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:
I’m probably in the age group of the group that left, but including the NYE show I saw that show 4 times last year, never even thought about leaving.
Just thinking that group didn’t stay long enough for the tap dancing. I guess they’ll never know what a good time they missed.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
Old 01-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #10
ggh
Super User

I have left early - and as said above, felt I'd paid for a lesson learned, the thought never crossed my mind to ask for a refund. LOL!
Old 01-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I have left 2 shows at halftime in all the years I have been going to Branson shows....I just felt so doggone happy to GET OUT of them, that I was not interested in getting a refund. It was my choice to buy a ticket, and my choice to leave early. Now if the management would have DEMANDED I leave for ANY reason at all, you can bet I would also DEMAND a refund, on the spot! But since, as I left both shows, I didn’t see lots of other people getting in their cars and driving away early as I was, I just chalked my bad experience to personal taste. And that is NOT the fault of the theatre, the entertainers, or anyone else associated with the show, imo.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:25 AM   #12
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
...I just chalked my bad experience to personal taste. And that is NOT the fault of the theatre, the entertainers, or anyone else associated with the show, imo.
Exactly!! But you would be surprised at how many times that is not the case!
Old 01-21-2020, 05:31 AM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
My guess, and experience, is that is had less to do with the songs and performers and more to do with the sound levels of the music and the screaming teenager girls! Those are the two most frequent comments I’ve heard from some folk about that particular show. In fact, when I was selling show tickets, I would suggest they get seats farther back, especially in the summer, where they might enjoy it a bit more.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I’m probably in the age group of the group that left, but including the NYE show I saw that show 4 times last year, never even thought about leaving.
I'm right with you. One of the few shows I see regularly in Branson. But being in that same age group, the music, energy, excitement and sound level is a big part of what brings me back!
Actually the sound level is considerably less than a lot of small venue concerts I go to.
Probably why I can't hear that well today! Loud guitars, loud guns, and loud racecars!
Old 01-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #15
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
So...you don't believe someone hanging upside down on a zipline playing a guitar is a valid reason for leaving a show?

Closed Thread