1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 05:01 AM   #1
bmschoen

Baldknobbers

What's going on at the Baldknobbers? Seen Tim Mabe posted this on facebook:

As of 2:15 this afternoon the Droopy Character is over, My son and the other partners have agreed to let me go from stage,and Patty had already been let go from Gospel!The legacy is over for my dads Character🥴 He said my 25 percent can be kept, but I haven’t seen anything from that in 3yrs. Hargus will remain and I’m happy for him. Please pray for us because we have just recently filed Bankruptcy trying to keep the other business going and now no insurance, it’s going to be hard, but GOD will get us through it somehow I know.Love you all and thank you all for your support over the past 37yrs. God Bless you all😇❤️❤️❤️ Some of my last 2 pictures...SO SAD😢😭
Old 01-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Oh my stars!!!! I knew that Brandon had let Patty go earlier last season. I am stunned at this new turn of events however!! Not at all sure what Brandon's thinking. I saw their last show for 2019, so I guess I saw the last show for Droopy. Kind of odd that they're keeping Hargus but not Droopy. But honestly, while I like Tim, I really don't think Droopy was nearly as good as Hargus. But that character is a huge part of Baldknobber history!! Sadly, it seems they are trying to erase all of it...
Old 01-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
WireRoad
Banned

Things have changed. The days of the Hillbilly comedian in Branson are over. It just doesn't fill seats anymore. Sad situation, especially for one of the iconic shows in Branson if you ask me.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Things have changed. The days of the Hillbilly comedian in Branson are over. It just doesn't fill seats anymore. Sad situation, especially for one of the iconic shows in Branson if you ask me.
But they aren't completely getting rid of the Hillbilly comedians since they are keeping Hargus. That's the part that just seems quite odd to me...
Old 01-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
OkieAnon

https://www.facebook.com/tim.mabe.7

the comments section is interesting, not just the oh how awful, prayers, and stuff like that but on down a little way in the thread someone gets a message from someone they don't know telling them they don't know anything and it's followed by speculation of who this person is and relationship to those involved.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
But they aren't completely getting rid of the Hillbilly comedians since they are keeping Hargus. That's the part that just seems quite odd to me...
I would say that Hargus is a little more versatile with his comedy than strictly Hillbilly. I dunno. It just seems very wrong because Tim's dad was one of the founders of the show. Droopy Drawers was synonymous with the name "Baldknobbers". I have no idea who owns controlling interest in the show now, but it just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
I would say that Hargus is a little more versatile with his comedy than strictly Hillbilly. I dunno. It just seems very wrong because Tim's dad was one of the founders of the show. Droopy Drawers was synonymous with the name "Baldknobbers". I have no idea who owns controlling interest in the show now, but it just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Seems to me they took the first shot whenever someone decided to do that ridiculous "reality" tv show a few years back.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Seems to me they took the first shot whenever someone decided to do that ridiculous "reality" tv show a few years back.
So very, very true BC. That did it for me. My view of the Baldknobbers drastically changed after that . I saw the first episode and that was the end of that. It sure did not do anything to increase the opinion that people had of Branson, which is something they should have thought about.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 01-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #9
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
I dunno. I will say there was too much fabricated drama in that show, but I liked it better than the short lived Barry Williams reality show. I think things really started downhill for the BK's a year or so before they lost the bldg. on 76. It's just sad because the BK's were one of the original Branson shows. Tim's Dad, Droop Sr. was one of the original guys 60 yrs. ago. And now Tim is fired by his own son? Wow, that cuts even deeper. I read Patty's FB post today, the whole thing just seems wrong.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Exactly! Even the Hillbilly music is a loser for a Branson show. The vast majority of the fans of these tired, old shows are gone. The "old" people today, more than not grew up listening to the Beatles, Stones, CCR, Clapton, and others in that genre. Even for those who did prefer country it was mostly "outlaw" country with Hank Jr. Willie, Waylon, David Allen Coe, and others that recorded songs heard on rock stations almost as much as country stations.
Just a sign of the times. Change, or go broke!

Quote:
That was the only thing I ever saw from the Baldknobbers. I thought it was guite entertaining. A look into a real Branson that many choose to pretend does not exist.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 01-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
That was the only thing I ever saw from the Baldknobbers. I thought it was guite entertaining. A look into a real Branson that many choose to pretend does not exist.
Except for the fact it WASN'T reality! Even in private conversations from some of the Mabe family who were involved, it was so fabricated that it was pretty much total fiction.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #12
Branson Friend

Quote:
Except for the fact it WASN'T reality! Even in private conversations from some of the Mabe family who were involved, it was so fabricated that it was pretty much total fiction.
Hence the problem. They actually brainstormed about how to represent themselves to the public and came to the conclusion that such a presentation would be good for business. They wanted things both ways. They wanted to present a “reality” show about their family, but when they got such a huge backlash about what a piece of garbage it was they then decided to say “oh no, that’s not reality, we are just doing a TV show.”

Here is a link to a “deleted” scene. Rather prophetic.
https://youtu.be/PYjzjnV20sU
Old 01-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #13
WireRoad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Exactly! Even the Hillbilly music is a loser for a Branson show. The vast majority of the fans of these tired, old shows are gone. The "old" people today, more than not grew up listening to the Beatles, Stones, CCR, Clapton, and others in that genre. Even for those who did prefer country it was mostly "outlaw" country with Hank Jr. Willie, Waylon, David Allen Coe, and others that recorded songs heard on rock stations almost as much as country stations. Just a sign of the times. Change, or go broke!
I get what you're saying here but let's keep it real...currently popular Country Music isn't even really "Country" anymore. I think the BK's have sort of updated their music the last couple of years at least. Have they updated it enough? I don't have that answer.
It's what Branson was built on, but sadly yes, I think the days of Hillbilly comedians are behind us. But then again...how does that logic apply to Presley's Herkimer and Cecil? I don't know their stats, but they seem to be doing just fine. Things are changing a lot in Branson, and it's a tough time. I'm not sure anyone has the definite answer on what to do to turn things around.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #14
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

The "Changing Of The Guard" as it were, in relation to multi generational owned family business's is always a very tough, heart wrenching, and often sad time...with many people having their feelings hurt, especially the "old blood" who are being forced out by the younger "new blood", who's time has come to run the business, and realize, with their younger eyes, knowledge of current trends, and a braver, more adventurous spirit (that is not afraid to take chances), that realize changes MUST be made in order for the business to survive. It's an awful time, from an emotional standpoint, when the older, previous generation who has run things for many years, will not on their own leave gracefully, but are, by necessity, FORCED out of the business by the new, younger, business owner(s), of the same family.

I'm not, at present time, going to comment in particular to the BK's, only to state what I said above is true in any family owned business that changes hands within the family.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #15
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

A celebration of Droop

Could be worse, I guess.
They could have given them an Inuit send off and put them on an ice flow to starve to death or be eaten by polar bears.
Then again, that's pretty much what happened.
Bon voyage, Droop.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread