1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:21 AM   #1
Carol/MO

Thumbs up Osmond Family receive their STAR !

Hi Everyone..
Thought I would tell you about the Osmonds receiving their Star on Hollywood Blvd...
We've been told that there was about 2,000 or more people there for the ceremony.. The Osmonds arrived in limo's and were greeted by the crowd with lots of applauding and cheers ..
It was time for the ceremony to begin... Mr. Andy Williams was a guest speaker and he spoke very highly of this family..
Merrill Osmond spoke first, and Marie said that "Merrill was elected to be the spokesman for the family and it turned him gray overnight".. :-)
Each Osmond took a moment at the mic and spoke briefly what receiving this star meant to them and their family.
As I looked throughout the family area, I saw many Osmond family members there. Mother Osmond wasn't able to be there.. and Virl stayed home to be with her... They both were missed...

The time had come to unveil the STAR... Alot of Media people were there, but sadly, there wasn't much aired about the Osmonds receiving their star.. (Seems most of the news was about "Arnold" running for office :-( )
As the family knelt down to receive their star, the crowd cheered. and a sea of cameras were focused in on this wonderful family,
FINALLY, receiving their star.. Well deserved for their wonderful entertainment for the last 45 yrs.. They greeted everyone, signed autographs and posed for pictures.. I felt honored to be there and witness this historic event.
That afternoon, the Osmonds attended at reception given in their honor by their fans/friends.. That evening they performed a special concert for those in attendance..
I do hope that the newspaper in Branson will run a full page article on the Osmonds receiving their star, soon.. The Osmond brothers at Andy Williams theater and Jimmy Osmonds show both start back up on Sept 5..
So, the next time you see the Osmonds... be sure and congratulate them on their star... See ya in Branson!!
Carol
Photo below, by Propix.. (click on the picture for a better look)

Last edited by Carol/MO; 08-19-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
Tabster

Carol/MO - thanks so much for sharing with us about the Osmonds big day. They are so deserving and long overdue for that honor. And the picture was great - thanks again!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:05 AM   #3
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Thanks so much!

I could hardly wait for your report. One question???? Is Donny's neck in a brace in that picture?
Old 08-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #4
ggh
Super User

Re: Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally posted by Grands
I could hardly wait for your report. One question???? Is Donny's neck in a brace in that picture?
Big thanks for the report Carol, I've been looking forward to it.

Donny definately has on a neck brace - what's the deal with that?
Old 08-19-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Marjorie
Super Ultra Member

CAROL/MO ~~ THANK YOU! We've been awaiting word on how everything went. I deeply regret that I was unable to attend. This family is so incredibly talented and deserving. Long over due! IMHO I'll bet the special concert was amazing.

Thank you for the photo, too! It's wonderful!

Grands: Donny had a surfing accident in Hawaii, recently, and had surgery. This was just 3-4 weeks ago.

Thanks, again, Carol.

Hugs,
Marjorie
BTW: Any word on how Mrs. Osmond is doing?
Old 08-20-2003, 07:21 AM   #6
Carol/MO

HI Everyone!..
I haven't heard anything lately how Mother Osmond is doing.. I hope and pray that her health continues to improve.. Bless her heart!

Yes, Donny had on a neck brace and I felt bad for him.. It was so hot that day and I can imagine, he just wanted to take it off
He spoke about his injury and having surgery during the reception.

Majorie, I wish you and everyone could've gone to this.. It was an awesome day and one that I won't ever forget..

{{hugs}} to ya
Carol
Old 08-20-2003, 08:11 AM   #7
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting Carol/MO. I'm glad you got to go!!
Old 08-20-2003, 08:01 PM   #8
lostarm
Super Ultra Member

found this on the osmond web site.

A new page of photos are online! This page of photos hightlights of
all the wonderful fans & friends that attended the ceremony!

Go check them out at:

http://osmondbrothers.com/star_fans.htm

Last edited by lostarm; 08-20-2003 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol/MO
HI Everyone!..
I haven't heard anything lately how Mother Osmond is doing.. I hope and pray that her health continues to improve.. Bless her heart!

{{hugs}} to ya
Carol
Carol, thanks for your report!! I have been enjoying hearing and seeing reports from everyone who was there.

As for Mother Osmond, I know that Jimmy and his family are there now visiting with Mother and Father while the show is on break. I will know more how Mother is doing when he gets back and I'll let you know, with Jimmy's permission, of course.

Caro, will you be here opening weekend for the Brothers? I'll be working on Friday morning but will be there on Saturday -- hope to see you!!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:30 PM   #10
Carol/MO

Bransoncutie.. we're going to try and make it down... depends on my work schedule.. If we do go, I know I'll see ya!

Closed Thread