1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Closing Branson Craft Village

According to KY3 Branson Craft Village is closing in April. No reason is given.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Bra...507002961.html
Old 03-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Another huge hunk of square footage real estate going to be empty....not what the town needs. They had a fun guitar sales place, another place had very good beef jerky, and the leather shop was always neat to walk through. Oh, also the lady artist who painted the feathers, placed in mounts/frames with background art..usually western/native american themed. Gonna miss those crafts..hopefully they will surface elsewhere in town.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Maybe this says something about how Branson is changing. Less and less of the crafty type things and more "let's zipline across Taneycomo" type situations. I dunno. I'm a dinosaur.
As with anything else regarding business and real estate, it's location, location, location.

Gretna is not the main drag nor is it generally on a route that would garner traffic. As history has shown, there are a finite number of theaters and live shows that can survive and I am sure that the craft vendors have the same situation. There does seem to be better traffic along 165 west towards Silver Dollar City so perhaps the Pickin' Porch location would be a better choice for crafters.

As far as changing demographics, in retail the premise hasn't changed much from when Marshall Field opened in the late 1800's in Chicago; "Give the lady what she wants." The market may have changed but the premise is still valid.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 03-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
OkieAnon

didn't do a lot of craft malls, but I always liked this one, wasn't as junky inside as some of them are plus seemed like more room to walk and look at things.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
RevRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
didn't do a lot of craft malls, but I always liked this one, wasn't as junky inside as some of them are plus seemed like more room to walk and look at things.
Yep, and there are a couple of vendors there that I always made a point to visit. Have always found some good deals on tools and such. Sorry to see it go! Makes me wonder if Coleman Outlet will survive after The Mill closes it's doors.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
I don't do craft malls much either but when I do I preferred this one for exactly the same reasons as you stated. Some of the craft malls are so cluttered you can't find what you are looking for without spending the entire day. If their intention is to keep me searching, they miss the boat because I don't have that much time to search for items I probably don't need anyway.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
According to KY3 Branson Craft Village is closing in April. No reason is given.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Bra...507002961.html
I read about this several days ago. I meant to mention it here, but I forgot. The reason given was low consistent foot traffic, the keyword being consistent. Many of the vendors seem to be moving to a place across from Walmart on 76. I can’t picture that place; is it a new one?
Old 03-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #8
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
I read about this several days ago. I meant to mention it here, but I forgot. The reason given was low consistent foot traffic, the keyword being consistent. Many of the vendors seem to be moving to a place across from Walmart on 76. I can’t picture that place; is it a new one?
The place is called Vista Plaza
2005 W 76 Country Blvd # 206, Branson, MO 65616

It is directly across from the Walmart on the 76 Strip.
There is a tshirt shop, India Clay Oven, jerky place, etc.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
mikee

craft malls

You mentioned Vista Plaza across from Walmart. I would think that the location west of Walmart (in the same building) would be a great place for some of the craft people to move to. That building has been empty for a long time. Perhaps the rents are too high. There has to be some good reason why it is empty. They had the discount store there for a while, but I guess that did not work out very good. That company also has a store in Ozark and they seem to have a lot of business. They tried to bring back the entertainers who work for donations and that seemed to fizzle out real soon. Hard to believe that a location like that can not find good renters. If anyone knows more about this location and why they have no renters, I would be interested in hearing your comments.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 PM   #10
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post
The place is called Vista Plaza
2005 W 76 Country Blvd # 206, Branson, MO 65616

It is directly across from the Walmart on the 76 Strip.
There is a tshirt shop, India Clay Oven, jerky place, etc.
Thanks! I know where India Clay Oven is. Is the craft mall new in that plaza?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #11
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I heard the rumor today...
A rumor I said.....

New arcade area and indoor go-carts,,,,???

Really? can anyone hear verify?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #12
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well, hmm, I have toyed with the idea of indoor go-carts...even though Branson has MORE than enough carts, as they are...the indoor variety are a different animal, provided they are ELECTRIC. No emissions hassles to be forced to deal with the EPA, no "toxic" vapors that you must insure against and post notices of, and, being indoor, you can operate it year round...something Branson needs. Plus, having visited several indoor electric tracks the last few years, they ARE fast...which equals fun. So..maybe someone WILL actually DO it, versus me who just DREAMS it....
Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 AM   #13
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well, hmm, I have toyed with the idea of indoor go-carts...even though Branson has MORE than enough carts, as they are...the indoor variety are a different animal, provided they are ELECTRIC. No emissions hassles to be forced to deal with the EPA, no "toxic" vapors that you must insure against and post notices of, and, being indoor, you can operate it year round...something Branson needs. Plus, having visited several indoor electric tracks the last few years, they ARE fast...which equals fun. So..maybe someone WILL actually DO it, versus me who just DREAMS it....
Went to Bristol, TN a few years back, and they had an indoor track that had gas engines on the carts, but they had an awesome, very powerful exhaust system. That track was fast and very big.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #14
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Latest rumor is that it is to become an indoor trampoline park.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
Latest rumor is that it is to become an indoor trampoline park.
That is supposedly what is happening. Also, I found out today that Tequila’s 2 will be moving. They are going to build a new place next to the old Hawthorne Bank, now Branson Bank, across from the entrance to Branson Meadows Shopping Center on Gretna. Looks as if it will dba while as they are just starting to clear the land.

Closed Thread