1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Not that Aldis is moving into Bransons Kohls, but interesting.

Kohl's taps grocer Aldi as its first partner to sublet space in downsized stores.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/01/kohl...ilot-test.html
Old 03-04-2018, 11:34 PM   #17
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

Our local Aldi Stores are clean, well stocked, and friendly. Always have to have a quarter to obtain a shopping cart. When my sis in WI had their first Aldi's open, the town's people did not like putting in that quarter for the shopping cart. When the cart is returned properly, you get the quarter back. It just keeps their parking lot tidy and safer.

We shop more at Schnuck's, County Market, Cubs, and Wallyworld here.

There are some excellent deals at Aldi Stores! For years, I have purchased a spiral cut ham with a bone and a seasoning packet for different holidays from Aldi's. This is an wonderful ham that the in-loves that I had specially ordered from the butcher. So easy to prepare and comes out delicious every time.

Milk and eggs are always the cheapest in town. The milk is from Prairie Farms, but labeled for Aldi's. Walmart also has the same Prairie Farms milk, but labeled for Walmart. Prairie farms Dairy is in central Illinois and the very best.

Bread is always less expensive at Aldi's. Flour, sugar, and baking items are cheaper than other stores.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:30 AM   #18
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAngie View Post
Our local Aldi Stores are clean, well stocked, and friendly. Always have to have a quarter to obtain a shopping cart. When my sis in WI had their first Aldi's open, the town's people did not like putting in that quarter for the shopping cart. When the cart is returned properly, you get the quarter back. It just keeps their parking lot tidy and safer.

We shop more at Schnuck's, County Market, Cubs, and Wallyworld here.

There are some excellent deals at Aldi Stores! For years, I have purchased a spiral cut ham with a bone and a seasoning packet for different holidays from Aldi's. This is an wonderful ham that the in-loves that I had specially ordered from the butcher. So easy to prepare and comes out delicious every time.

Milk and eggs are always the cheapest in town. The milk is from Prairie Farms, but labeled for Aldi's. Walmart also has the same Prairie Farms milk, but labeled for Walmart. Prairie farms Dairy is in central Illinois and the very best.

Bread is always less expensive at Aldi's. Flour, sugar, and baking items are cheaper than other stores.
It's so nice to see you, QueenAngie! And "your font," as Cheesecake used to say.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #19
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Th rumors are stronger now...Mayor Best says Aldi’s is coming to Branson but she can’t disclose the location yet.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #20
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Th rumors are stronger now...Mayor Best says Aldi’s is coming to Branson but she can’t disclose the location yet.
Thanks for the update Suse.. Always love a strong rumor, especially if it involves Aldi's,,,,,or maybe the sun is coming out, or Elvis..

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #21
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I didn't know aldi and trader joe was linked. One brother owns one brand and the other owns the other. It will be nice to get a Aldi in the Branson area, maybe they will throw in a trader joe for good measure.

Aldi Nord Owns Trader Joe's. All Aldis in the U.S. operate under the umbrella of Aldi Süd. Instead of opening his own U.S. locations, in 1979 Aldi Nord's Theo Albrecht decided to buy a fledgling American grocery store chain with a similar concept of primarily selling inexpensive store brands: Trader Joe's.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Red face Aldi's? Hello???

Last week Mayor Best teased that there was to be an Aldi's but the location wouldn't be announced until Tuesday 1/22/19. Tuesday came & went with no announcement... since then, crickets. Maybe they're waiting to see where the gondola people-mover stops are going to be.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 01-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #23
swinslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
Last week Mayor Best teased that there was to be an Aldi's but the location wouldn't be announced until Tuesday 1/22/19. Tuesday came & went with no announcement... since then, crickets. Maybe they're waiting to see where the gondola people-mover stops are going to be.

Aldi representatives visit city: Officials say there are currently no solid plans for Branson location

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...81592439d.html
Old 01-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #24
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Talking

Just FWIW I found this on Mayor Bests' Facebook Page dated 1-18-2019:

Karen Best, Mayor
January 18 at 6:21 PM ·

Aldi's is definitely coming to Branson. I'm not at liberty to share location until Tuesday.
Stay tuned!!!
165 Comments
453 Shares
593Patricia P. Halpern, Connie Floray and 591 others

Maybe just a bit optimistic?

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread