1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Aldi?..Branson?..Sounds Good

This article states that an Aldi store is coming to BTown in 2019.
Three locations (unknown) being considered.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...71e652594.html

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..

Last edited by DalmatianDad; 02-21-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Excellent News!
Right now Nixa has the closet Aldi's to Branson.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Excellent News!
Right now Nixa has the closet Aldi's to Branson.
Harrison, Arkansas has one as well. I’m stoked that Branson is getting one!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
billj598

ALDI Corporate Policy must have done a 180 degree turnaround. DW called them three years ago asking them to place a store in Branson and the answer was a polite "NO".

The person at ALDI said the Branson area was entirely too "seasonal" and that they had opened a store at Lake of the Ozarks and had to close it due to lack of business in the off-season.

Hope we see them and can guarantee our patronage. Their new stores and increased and improved selections are great !
Old 02-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Location will be interesting..

I am surprised at them coming to town,
with Price Chopper and Country mart (I shop both often),and will continue to do so,
and the 2 walmarts. (Never walk in the door)...

Must be very confident with what they have to offer.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post

with Price Chopper and Country mart (I shop both often),and will continue to do so,

Lots of organic choices! Many non-gmo, no additives, etc choices. Excellent German chocolate and wine and seasonal treats. Aldis carries good coffees and specialty items like Kerrygold Irish butter and a fabulous sourdough bread. Excellent prices on cheeses, too... Havarti, Gouda, Goats Milk, etc.
Every week they offer Special non food items...at sale prices.
Those are a few reasons I shop at Aldi's.
Two stores in Springfield....and Springfield has an abundance of other grocery stores, too.
Easy in, easy out, bring your own bags.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post

Plus there is Country Mart and Harter House in Hollister and Country Mart in Branson West.

My job is in the grocery business. When Aldi comes to town the traditional grocery stores do take a hit, know for sure that it happened to the 3 traditional grocery stores in Harrison. Aldi hurts Walmart grocery sales, too.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Lots of organic choices! Many non-gmo, no additives, etc choices. Excellent German chocolate and wine and seasonal treats. Aldis carries good coffees and specialty items like Kerrygold Irish butter and a fabulous sourdough bread. Excellent prices on cheeses, too... Havarti, Gouda, Goats Milk, etc.
Every week they offer Special non food items...at sale prices.
Those are a few reasons I shop at Aldi's.
Two stores in Springfield....and Springfield has an abundance of other grocery stores, too.
Easy in, easy out, bring your own bags.
Hoping they will carry the same waffles as Trader Joe's considering they are the same company. Guess I could check the Nixa store

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Hoping they will carry the same waffles as Trader Joe's considering they are the same company. Guess I could check the Nixa store
I thought they were affiliated with Whole Foods...I was obviously mistaken. Duh! But either one is good with me!
Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I thought they were affiliated with Whole Foods...I was obviously mistaken. Duh! But either one is good with me!
I think I read that it's a family business.... Aldi's is owned by one brother and Trader Joe's by another brother....or something like that.
Aldi's has the best sauerkraut in a glass jar and at the best price, too. Good probiotics.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #11
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
I think I read that it's a family business.... Aldi's is owned by one brother and Trader Joe's by another brother....or something like that.
Aldi's has the best sauerkraut in a glass jar and at the best price, too. Good probiotics.
Mandarin Orange Chicken, peanut butter pretzels, dark chocolate peanut butter cups are all good Trader Joes products that perhaps will show up at Aldi's.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #12
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile

The stores were started by two brothers in Germany whose last name was Albrecht. (The AL in ALDI is for Albrecht.) The DI is for "Diskont" which translates to "discount".
Old 02-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #13
Mouse2

I so hope this is true. Any time I go to Springfield or St Louis I stop in Aldi. I don't know how anyone affords to shop at CountryMart or wants to pay more for the exact same thing. I only go there once in awhile if there is a good deal in their sale ad.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 PM   #14
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
The question: Will Aldi's put up a new building or take over the old Kmart bldg? Would that be too close to Country Mart?
New building, I've never seen an Aldi take over a building. I've shopped at an older, very small store for several years. Finally, a new store was built in my town that's larger, very well lit and much wider aisles. Now the older store in the next town over is going to be remodeled and made larger.

There are very few items I've purchased that I don't care for. Lots of excellent quality and prices.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #15
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyann View Post
New building, I've never seen an Aldi take over a building. I've shopped at an older, very small store for several years. Finally, a new store was built in my town that's larger, very well lit and much wider aisles. Now the older store in the next town over is going to be remodeled and made larger.

There are very few items I've purchased that I don't care for. Lots of excellent quality and prices.
I actually have seen Aldi’s take over an old building. When they first opened in Leavenworth, they moved in to an old grocery store.

And I agree, I haven’ purchased things there I didn’t care for. Their selection has improved greatly since I first shopped in their store back in the mid-80’s.

Closed Thread