1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #16
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I have no problem with folks having fun, just be careful
Old 07-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #17
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I have no problem with folks having fun, just be careful
I agree that safety is very important. I was just reacting to the notion that the game was a waste of time because it didn't accomplish anything. Sometimes just having fun is a worthy goal and accomplishment.

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #18
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

very true
Old 07-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #19
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Why are some folks down on EVERYTHING?? Lighten up people... what the heck is wrong with having fun??

When it becomes a public nuisance., trespassing, and a hazzard for first responders.
Quote:
KIRKWOOD, Mo. (KMOV.com) -
Pokemon Go users are turning up in a couple of St. Louis County spots where they are not exactly wanted.

Firefighters in Kirkwood unknowingly became part of the popular game.

"The majority of us didn't have an idea up until two days ago what Pokemon was," says Kirkwood Fire Chief Jim Silvernail. "We learned that our Station 3 is a Pokemon gem which we learned because of all the different game enthusiasts that came by the house at all different hours come by in our parking lot late at night and during the day," he says.

But it is not just fire houses the game is taking people to.

"I had seen a group of kids walking by on their cell phones walking home and I guess they are trying to capture monsters on my property," explained Kelly O'Learly.

"Apparently our house is a hot spot for Pokemon Go and I didn't know until yesterday when my neighbor made me aware of it," she says.

Safety is a huge concern for not just gamers, but those who are put in the game even if they don't want to be.

"I don't know if they are trying to burglarize or vandalize or what they are doing. It is unnerving when you see a group of kids walking past your windows," says O'Learly.

"They don't have a situational awareness and they can't see what's going on around them especially if a fire truck is coming out of the fire station they are not going to be able to see that," Silvernail added.
Quote:
TOLEDO, Ohio (WWJ/AP) – Police say two Pokemon Go players in Ohio have been arrested for criminal trespassing at the Toledo Zoo.

Apparently the two went over a fence near the zoo’s tiger enclosure in search of the smartphone game’s cartoon monsters. They were spotted on a zoo security camera and were walking through the zoo when they were caught.
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -- The popular Pokemon Go game is leading to trespassing and other safety concerns.

The new app-based game requires players to walk the streets to collect Pokemon. There are certain areas designated as "Pokestops" and "Gyms" where gamers can earn more points.

"It's sort of been a dream come true. From my childhood experience playing Pokemon, watching Pokemon," gamer Naseef Serha said.

Mark Armand Valdez, who has played the game, is attempting to earn money off of it. He's advertised a Pokemon Go chauffer service on Craigslist. For $30 per hour, Armand Valdez will drive players around San Antonio.

"People play while they're in their cars while they're driving. I've read a couple of articles where that's caused some accidents, unfortunately. So I thought hey! Why not offer a chauffeur service to those playing the game," Valdez said.

While the game is fun for players, several churches are complaining about trespassers on their property. Even the San Antonio Fire Department has had complaints about players entering stations. Department spokesman Woody Woodward said that five stations have reported seeing several groups of gamers on the properties this week.

"And getting into areas that are potentially dangerous. We have dangerous tools, dangerous equipment, potential bio-hazards," Woodward said. "Plus, when we get called on a run, these giant gates are going to open and our vehicles are going to move out very quickly. We don't want to see any accidents."

Besides trespassing incidents, there have been other more serious cases in other states where gamers have been robbed or assaulted while playing the game.
Just use some common sense, judgement, and courtesy!
Old 07-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #20
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

there is a fourth team that is not technically an in-game team that is promoting Public Safety cooperation amongst locations and players to keep people from being complete idiots when out playing. However there will be those that can't even pay attention enough to walk and be on their phones at the same time. a small bit of good news is in the applications privacy policy that if you do get hit by a car and you are playing that the application May release that information if questions arise

On a related note there were three thousand people in the Square in Springfield last night playing the game. that had to be very good for the small businesses.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #21
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Rejoice everyone !!!!!

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #22
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

So in a generally amusing turn of events, there are more countries getting the game all the time which is making the servers lag and kick people off. So now you'll have players not only starring at their phones, but doing so discovers disconnected.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #23
rcgnok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Why are some folks down on EVERYTHING?? Lighten up people... what the heck is wrong with having fun??

C'mon, haven't you learned by now -- your idea of fun can only actually be fun if I agree that it is

Old 07-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #24
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
C'mon, haven't you learned by now -- your idea of fun can only actually be fun if I agree that it is
It's not about agreeing with it.
Be respectful of others
Be respectful of laws
Be aware of your surroundings for both safety, and security.
JUST BE CAREFUL

Quote:
ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A St. Charles County man faces charges for allegedly trying to entice a teenage girl for sex using the Pokémon Go app.
http://www.kmov.com/story/32509941/m...-pokmon-go-app
Old 07-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #25
soxster
Super Ultra Member

My floridian grand daughter would not shut up about the pokemon this the pokemon that. If her phone would have ended up in TRL while catching a pokemon......so be it. Dang how can I in on this new cash cow.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:25 PM   #26
Punnchy
Jello Dog, Wiggle Wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
My floridian grand daughter would not shut up about the pokemon this the pokemon that. If her phone would have ended up in TRL while catching a pokemon......so be it. Dang how can I in on this new cash cow.
Make unofficial Pokemon go gear, sell the vinyl out of it, become a catch a ride driver for players or, work for Apple's app team http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-could...on-go-add-ons/
Old 07-23-2016, 07:50 AM   #27
OkieAnon

did you see the White House briefing yesterday? Spokesman is talking about ISIS, stops looks at a reporter and say's.... you're playing Pokémon right now aren't you, then rolls his eye's and asks, did you catch one?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #28
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Saw on GMA this morning that 1 man has already caught all of the characters.
The things that make national news.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #29
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Probably no more than those stupid beanie babies, pet rocks and other marketing phenomenon of the time. . The mouse guy is still doing pretty well after all these years.

Last edited by soxster; 07-23-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #30
OkieAnon

Silver Dollar City has issued a park policy for pokemon players.

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/FAQ

Closed Thread