1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
moodyerdoc

Looking for a 10X30 boat slip at TRL

To lease or buy, I'm on a waiting list EVERYWHERE. Surely there' a place to put my boat on the lake. Ideally Branson or Kimberling City area. Would like to be close to condo/resort rentals. Let me know if you hear of something
Old 05-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Look on springfield craigs list.....lots to choose in the 10x24 variety a few in the 30 ft.
https://springfield.craigslist.org/for/5606132524.html
https://springfield.craigslist.org/for/5579286514.html
Old 05-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
moodyerdoc

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting a little sticker shock at slip prices as I move my boat down to TRL from LOTO. Supply:demand is very different.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyerdoc View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm getting a little sticker shock at slip prices as I move my boat down to TRL from LOTO. Supply:demand is very different.
Yes sir.....that is why I opted to lease at the state park marina. I was on the Waiting list forever......but when i bought a lift from an individual for my pontoon boat, I was able to jump into the front of the line. Highly recommended doing that if a lift comes up to buy at the marina that will fit your needs. $1,800 per year vesus $25,000 or more to purchase a slip is kind of crazy in my opinion.....would take a very long time to recoup. Have seen some of these slips on craigslist sit a very long time before selling. Maybe the price is to high?? My expierence at the state park marina has been very very positive. . I originally found the listing for the lift on craigslist. You might call the marina to ask if they have a list of someone that wants to bail out of their lease with a lift for sale.....if not keep an eye out for a lift on craigslist taking over lease at the marina.....they come up occassionally (sometimes they want the boat to go with the whole ball game.....slip, lift and boat as a pakage deal).

Last edited by soxster; 05-30-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
moodyerdoc

great idea sox, thanks for the advice. have been on waiting list at State Park, Rock Lane, Indian point for 6 months. Lease came open at POK (today) I may just have to take for now. Desperate to get the heck out of LOTO this season.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post

There's a pecking order when it comes to slips and docks . . . it involves increasing privacy and normally increasing price.

The entry level, to get your "feet wet" on TRL is slip rental at marinas. I underline that because slip rental is only allowed by the Corps only in licensed marinas.

The next step up is a slip in a community dock. The most common way of acquiring one is when it comes with the purchase of a house. The market for random slip sales is limited because most people want one convenient to their house. Large (12-slips or more) community docks are all that are allowed new now, and in order to get one approved you have to have owners with boats for all of the slips..
I have a feeling our OP has a fair amount of experience already, so I'll just point out a couple of local things.
Of course there is no "pecking order"in slips and dock world and I certainly would not consider a marina like State Park to be at the bottom of the class ladder. Trust me, there are many, many members of the double comma club there who could easily write a check for pretty much any slip.
I'm there because I love all the little perks that come with it and not having to mess with much of anything ever. It is all in what you want and to h... with someone's "pecking order."
We passed on the purchase option 10 years ago cause we just could not find anything that we liked.
If you go the community dock route, treat the purchase like it is a house you are buying. How are the roads to it? You have neighbors you have to live with--How are they? Who manages the upkeep and so on and how is that working out?? I'd have to say at least half the people we know in a community dock deal have problems I am so glad we don't have.
As always YMMV.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Yes being able to walk away easily is our biggest benifit. Not having to unload it if something happens to the boat or the captain . My kids in kansas city sure would not want to deal with it once I am gone. So I am sure there are pros and cons all the way around. Hope it all works out and happy and safe boating on our nice lake whatever your decision .

Closed Thread