1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
eiran

chicken fried steak

we will be in eureka springs for a long week - need some suggestion on where the best places to eat:
chicken fried steak - hamburger - Asian - breakfast , we like biscuits and gravy. we have in the past tried and liked sweet and savory and café amore.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Might not be exactly responsive to your question, but we really like this place:

http://grandmasbeansandcornbread.com/menu.html
Old 08-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Locknload

I dont know about chicken fried steak, but we like Sparkys Roadhouse on 62 they have a wide variety of food. They have very good hot sandwiches and tex mex. I have heard their burgers are very good but havent had one myself.

Rockin Pig Saloon on 62 has pretty good bbq. Love their brisket asada tacos. Their loaded nachos are very good too.

If you like Italian Ermillios is very good, but only open at nights

Edit: after reading leftsaidteds review, i realised the bbq place was named the Rockin Pig Saloon. I agree with him, its a great place to eat

Last edited by Locknload; 09-28-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
slbtrout52
slbtrout52

Dining Recommendations

For breakfast we like Myrtie Mae's Cafe which is located in the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks. Their omelettes and hashbrowns are awesome.

The Local Flavor downtown is also a favorite and they occasionally some live music in the evening.

Don't know about where to get the best chicken fried steak, but I do second the previous recomendation for Sparkey's if you want a good burger.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

For chicken fried steak, the Texas Land and Cattle Company at the Landing is pretty good. Its actually a sirloin steak, so good quality, then hand breaded, served with pepper cream gravy and garlic mashed potatoes. They have it for both lunch and dinner, cannot remember if the dinner version is larger or the same size at lunch portion.
Montana Mikes also has a Chicken Fried Steak, never tried it there, but lots of people like MM. I'm just not one of them. But it COULD be great!
Lamberts Café just a few miles outside Branson in Ozark also has their special version, which a Chicken Fried ROUND Steak, comes with milk gravy, mashed potatoes and a couple other sides. As are most things at Lamberts, pretty durn good!
Fall Creek Steakhouse also has Chicken Fried steak, comes with white gravy and potato choice. Take your chances as it is one of THOSE restaurants! I've eaten there a few times, always survived, but then again, maybe I was lucky?
The Farmhouse Restaurant, downtown Branson, also has both Chicken Fried Steak AND Chicken Fried Chicken (which I love). Both come topped with gravy and potatoes, and another side, I believe. Like most things at this little home-style restaurant, both are very good.
That's it from top of my memory. Hopefully one of them will be perfect for your trip.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
For chicken fried steak, the Texas Land and Cattle Company at the Landing is pretty good. Its actually a sirloin steak, so good quality, then hand breaded, served with pepper cream gravy and garlic mashed potatoes. They have it for both lunch and dinner, cannot remember if the dinner version is larger or the same size at lunch portion.
Montana Mikes also has a Chicken Fried Steak, never tried it there, but lots of people like MM. I'm just not one of them. But it COULD be great!
Lamberts Café just a few miles outside Branson in Ozark also has their special version, which a Chicken Fried ROUND Steak, comes with milk gravy, mashed potatoes and a couple other sides. As are most things at Lamberts, pretty durn good!
Fall Creek Steakhouse also has Chicken Fried steak, comes with white gravy and potato choice. Take your chances as it is one of THOSE restaurants! I've eaten there a few times, always survived, but then again, maybe I was lucky?
The Farmhouse Restaurant, downtown Branson, also has both Chicken Fried Steak AND Chicken Fried Chicken (which I love). Both come topped with gravy and potatoes, and another side, I believe. Like most things at this little home-style restaurant, both are very good.
That's it from top of my memory. Hopefully one of them will be perfect for your trip.
The OP is wanting places in Eureka Spring to eat at, and not Branson.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Why then, there are a couple I can say are pretty doggone good:
1. Myrtie Mae's. Pretty good Chicken Fried Steak. Also good fried chicken.
2. Rockin' Pig Saloon. WHEN they have their chicken fried filet mignon on the menu, well, I don't think you could ever top it anywhere! Also, very, very good BBQ, good pizza, and other things. At first glance it might look like a "biker bar" to you, but not to worry, it is not, it is a restaurant that is "biker friendly"! They also serve genuine collard greens, along with sweet potato fries. So a little "soul food" kinda place, if you order those two sides and some of their awesome bbq! Maybe toss some of their sweet and spicy slaw on top of it all just for good measure! The only disappointment with that type of food is they do not have cornbread. But, few places are perfect, after all! Oh yea, their bbq nachos are almost worth the trip by themselves!

Of the two, I would pick Rockin' Pig Saloon if I was only getting one meal in Eureka Springs. Myrtie Mae's can be really good at times, then kinda spotty on "off" days. Good atmosphere, though. If you are going to the RPS just for their special chicken fried steak, call ahead and see if they are serving it that day, seems like a "special creation" as it's not always available. But been a year or so since I've been, so could be there all the time now, I don't know.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 09-21-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Closed Thread