1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Brokate
Brokate Janitorial

Silver Dollar City Season Tickets

Does anybody know of any discounts to buy a couple of adult season tickets to SDC? I thought we could hold out until next season, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

On their website they are $102/each, I was hoping they(or somebody in town) ran some specials this far into the year.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Anyone know if Country Mart still has their $30 tickets for Thursday?

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

you wont see any discounted tickets frm SDC until they advertise for next year... with fall festival, and OTC coming, that's their BIG seasons!!
Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
sidsnbranson

What is OTC
Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

OTC.

Old Time Christmas.
Used to be Old Time Country Christmas. But I guess when they replaced Aunt Polly's with an authentic 1800's Ozark pizza parlor, most anything indicating country had to go.

The best season ticket deals are always at the end of the previous year.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Airforce Dad

Talking discounted SDC tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokate View Post
Does anybody know of any discounts to buy a couple of adult season tickets to SDC? I thought we could hold out until next season, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

On their website they are $102/each, I was hoping they(or somebody in town) ran some specials this far into the year.
There are some in SDC times. Free after 6:00 PM., $30.00 each and $40.00 each. Limit two per coupon. Must go in with someone that has season pass. Ask around, I'll bet some season pass holder still has them.

These are ONE DAY tickets, not Season pass tickets. This is what I did in 2012 to get my granddaughter a discounted season pass. I took her in with a BAF ticket. Then I ask around to see who had a used day pass. I took the used day pass and upgraded it to a season pass for her. I think it cost me $35.00 to upgrade.

Last edited by Airforce Dad; 07-16-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Error
Old 07-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
Brokate
Brokate Janitorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
There are some in SDC times. Free after 6:00 PM., $30.00 each and $40.00 each. Limit two per coupon. Must go in with someone that has season pass. Ask around, I'll bet some season pass holder still has them.

These are ONE DAY tickets, not Season pass tickets. This is what I did in 2012 to get my granddaughter a discounted season pass. I took her in with a BAF ticket. Then I ask around to see who had a used day pass. I took the used day pass and upgraded it to a season pass for her. I think it cost me $35.00 to upgrade.
Thanks for the suggestion. I realized it wasn't likely that any specials would be going on given the popularity of Christmas at SDC, but I thought it was worth asking around.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokate View Post

Wow! I didn't realize their season passes had increased so much! The only thing I know of currently is if you were BORN or MARRIED (and must still be) in 1976, you can get a FREE pass for 2014 season.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieeileen View Post
Wow! I didn't realize their season passes had increased so much! The only thing I know of currently is if you were BORN or MARRIED (and must still be) in 1976, you can get a FREE pass for 2014 season.
The season passes are less expensive if you buy them during Old Time Christmas -- I think we paid around $80.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #10
julieeileen
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
The season passes are less expensive if you buy them during Old Time Christmas -- I think we paid around $80.
DH bought his during OTC too, but it was an upgrade from his ticket since we did not buy passes in 2013, so I'm not really sure what it ended up costing. As for me, I'm a 1976 baby! YAY ME!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
kayokla
Ultra Member

When was the last time a SDC Times came out? We are SDC season pass holders and I don't remember getting one. I am needing one more discount ticket to use in August.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #12
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayokla View Post
When was the last time a SDC Times came out? We are SDC season pass holders and I don't remember getting one. I am needing one more discount ticket to use in August.
One came out this summer with a July 2014 date. You can PM me if you need a specific coupon (there are several with various dates).
Old 07-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #13
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
OTC.

Old Time Christmas.
Used to be Old Time Country Christmas. But I guess when they replaced Aunt Polly's with an authentic 1800's Ozark pizza parlor, most anything indicating country had to go.
What style of pizza is sold? If it is St. Louis style, it might not be that far out of line.

Quote:
Pizza first made its appearance in the United States with the arrival of Italian immigrants in the late 19th century and was very popular among large Italian populations in New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Saint Louis.

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
What style of pizza is sold? If it is St. Louis style, it might not be that far out of line.

Wouldn't know, when the fried chicken, and ham & beans left, so did I.

And no, St. Louis style pizza wouldn't be close to authentic 1880's Ozark food. Seeing how Ed Imo, the person credited with the super thin crust and use of Provel cheese of the St. Louis style pizza, opened his first store in 1964. Yes, this is the 50th anniversary of "The square beyond compare".
Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
KJN
Super Ultra Member

We got the 30.00 tickets at Country Mart for Thursday. Before we left the park we could have got season passes for an additional 45.00. That would have been a great deal but we arent' returning to SDC this year. (At least I assume I could have exchanged that ticket for the season pass deal).

Closed Thread