1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Welcome Wagon

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
megansmomma

Possibly moving to Branson

Hi all, I am an infrequent poster, but long time lurker...
Anyway, my husband and I have a potential job offer to manage the Caprice Motor Inn there in Branson.
Just wondering if I can get some feedback on what it is like to live in Branson, your thoughts on the Caprice, really anything you might think I need to know!
We have visited Branson many, many times over the years and love the area. I do know that living in an area is much different than visiting, and would love your thoughts!
Thanks so much!

Carla
Old 01-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Hi all, I am an infrequent poster, but long time lurker...
Anyway, my husband and I have a potential job offer to manage the Caprice Motor Inn there in Branson.
Just wondering if I can get some feedback on what it is like to live in Branson, your thoughts on the Caprice, really anything you might think I need to know!
We have visited Branson many, many times over the years and love the area. I do know that living in an area is much different than visiting, and would love your thoughts!
Thanks so much!

Carla
Sounds like you have two of the biggies covered--Jobs and housing, and around here that is important.
Besides driving by it many times, I know nothing of the Caprice. A good place to start would be Trip Advisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Missouri.html
Other than that, without knowing about your needs for schools etc, or where you are coming from, I would just say, if you like being a tourist here, there is a good chance you will like living here, although if your experience is only summer Branson, you'll quickly notice the difference come winter.
Good Luck.

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

We used to stay at the Caprice when we visited in the winter because it has an indoor pool but we haven't stayed there in a few years. It is a convenient location.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

The consensus on Trip Advisor seems to be that the location is excellent, the service to customers is generally very good, the pool areas are well-maintained but the rooms are dated and could use new furnishings, decor and bedding. Most customers seemed to feel it offered a good value given the low rates. Although it will probably never lure customers looking for something a little fancy, Branson visitors still tend to be a very budget-conscious group.

I don't know if you are familiar with Trip Advisor, but I always take both the best and worst reviews with a grain of salt, focusing on those in the middle... they are usually the most accurate.

Good luck with your decision.

Good Times in Branson
Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
megansmomma

Thank you!

Thank you all so much for your advice! I actually am quite familiar with trip advisor and have read the reviews for the Caprice. I appreciate the tips you all offered! We will be visiting there on January 17 & 18, so that should help make the decision!

Thanks again!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #6
k-2
Ultra Member

I know a good while back that the roof caved in on the indoor pool area. Did they fix that?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
megansmomma

K2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-2 View Post
I know a good while back that the roof caved in on the indoor pool area. Did they fix that?
Yes, they did.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
megansmomma

JoseyWales2,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
I do not begrudge anyone that job but everyone has to work and find their niche. Its hard work and thankless with grouchy people who are tired and want everything perfect in an imperfect world. You have a motel that isn't the top of the line but they all want that for the price you offer. they want free breakfast and on time and more eggs and coffee and will push you hard.

but I applaud you for wanting to work there and willing to work hard in a day when lots of ppl don't want to work at all. you will have little time off but will have housing and be able to afford food without assistance.

I wish you all the luck ..
Thank you so much for the kind words! The age and condition of the motel is one of my main concerns. The owners seem very nice, we will meet the current managers next week, so that may help somewhat as well.

Oh, and I have never been afraid of hard work...
Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
megansmomma

JoseyWales2,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales2 View Post
I applaud you desire to work anyway. even if its a hard and thankless job, you are trying to find a place to work and live and feed your family. I did a lot of things I hated just to do that so good for you. Life is not what we want but what we make of it many times. Does not mean you have to stay there forever.
Thank you! I have had some jobs that I hated as well! Working in a laying house full of chickens was not one of the most fun jobs I have ever had... lol!

And, you are exactly right, it doesn't mean we have to stay forever if we don't like it!

Closed Thread