1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Seemed Very Busy Today

We took the high road (leaves maybe 20%) to 65 and then 76. I immediately noticed traffic backed up to the recycle place and beyond. Noticed a couple of hot air balloons near Dick Clark.
On the way to Panera Bread we went by Jubilee a few minutes after the grand opening and it appeared there were no parking spaces available.
Panera Bread was very busy as well. After breakfast we headed over to Jubilee and luckily found a parking space. I provided a short review in the Jubilee thread.
Headed west on the yellow route about 10:30 and found that congested in many places.
One more hold up was to come as the SDC traffic was backed up to SOTH.
Took about 20 minutes to reach the SDC turn. The Best Western next to SDC looked packed so I imagine SDC will be also this weekend.
Happy Everything.

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

CRAZY busy in town right now!!! We were talking about how busy it was when we ran out to get some lunch this afternoon. Egads!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
CRAZY busy in town right now!!! We were talking about how busy it was when we ran out to get some lunch this afternoon. Egads!!!
So what is happening??

Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
DillyArts

Went to Jubilee/Price Chopper around dinner time. Traffic on Green Mountain was horrendous. Wasn't much traffic headed towards 165 on our way to the store but boy, on our way back that way it was backed up from 165 all the way to the dinosaur golf place. We should have taken Fall Creek but didn't realize the line of traffic until we got through the 4-way. And it wasn't any better headed in the opposite direction. Crazy busy. Not to mention everyone in Branson seemed to be at Price Chopper.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

The Balloon Festival is this weekend at RecPlex. It is also the last weekend for the Shepherd of the Hills play. Marty Stuart is performing tonight. Also this weekend is Mel Tillis, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, Neal McCoy, the Happy Together tour with Mark Lindsay, the Turtles, Gary Puckett, Mickey Dolenz.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
OkieAnon

I don't. Know about elsewhere but most schools in Oklahoma are out on fall break, some last weekend more this weekend. I had family over there last week during their school break.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I noticed even the backroads were busy. Had to wait in line to get from them to 76. Had to pick up a few things from Walmart and the clerk told me they had been very busy.

Glad to see all the people in town as we head to the holiday crowds.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 10-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not sure if the balloon fest, or the classic car auction brought in a bunch more people, or if just a lot more people are thinking mid October is a great time to visit Branson.
We arrived Thursday afternoon, and things were getting busy then. Lilleys' Landing was mostly filled already. Son and D-I-L stopped for lunch at Danna's, and said It was very busy. Daughter and S-I-L arrived Friday afternoon, and we went to a crowded Silver Dollar City. Especially It seemed to me for a Friday in October. We ate at Danna's after SDC, and had to wait about 1/2 hour for a table. I think that was a first for me.
Even Taneycomo was crowded with boats Saturday morning. Making the run back up to Lilleys from our final drift something similar to driving on the strip.
We all went to the 5:30 performance at Dixie Stampede, and It was a sell out. We were going to meet up at the balloon glow, but Son got there first and D-I-L texted that It was a traffic, and parking disaster. Also some of the balloons were already packing up. So we all just met up in our cabin at lilleys to listen to little Kaylee tell us all about Dixie Stampede.

Closed Thread