1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Welcome Wagon

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
sixgun64658

condo vs. house

whats the average price for a 2-3 bed condo,and monthly fees? what to expect to pay for house 2-3 bed. really like to have great views.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
BMOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgun64658 View Post
whats the average price for a 2-3 bed condo,and monthly fees? what to expect to pay for house 2-3 bed. really like to have great views.
sent you an IM
Old 10-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Don't dismiss a condo because of the monthly fees if they are reasonable. When I sold my condo in Branson my wife wanted a house, but frankly I preferred the condo. The monthly association fee did not cost me nearly what lawn maintenance and exterior maintenance expenses cost for my house. Plus, there was the peace of mind knowing that I didn't have to do it!!

Utilities will also cost you more for a house than an equivalent sized condo. Because condos generally have neighboring units on at least one side and perhaps above there are fewer exterior walls, resulting in lower heating and cooling costs.

Good Times in Branson
Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Minnie...... how quiet was your condo?
I've been looking & heard a couple horror stories that the new owner wasn't aware of til after they had moved in....

Just wondering.......
Old 10-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Minnie...... how quiet was your condo?
I've been looking & heard a couple horror stories that the new owner wasn't aware of til after they had moved in....

Just wondering.......
Mine was very quite, but that may have been due to the nature of the development. I lived in Cozy Cove, which is not a vacation development... in fact the minimum time period an owner can rent their condo out for is one year. The owners were largely retired people without children. Well, Kirby lived there too, but he was a block or so away from me so I don't know if he threw wild parties or not!

I had very low utility bills, so the units were probably insulated pretty well. I never heard cupboard doors shutting, washers running or toilets flushing like you do in many multi-family units. I also lived in a ground floor unit and never heard my neighbors walking on the floor above me. I suspect that Cozy Cove was constructed considerably better than some of the vacation developments.

But I think the quietness was also due to no vacationing 20-somethings or young families with noisy children.

Good Times in Branson
Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
sixgun64658

ok i wasnt clear. condos are nice,like appartment. price is big deal to me,since we are still working age. im thinking of outside of city. we have stayed in condo before, thousand hills, for vacation. we enjoyed it alot,but not sure if we would want it long term.we are from small town with few neighbors. 3 bed 2 car garage place.i dont know how well condos will fit us. my time in branson has always been great. people sites and views. i also want quiet surroundings.i worked and lived there as a teen durning summers. i want my daughter to learn what people are really like in missouri. and the culture. things change and people do to. everyone i met there is the same as when i was a kid.good faith,family,and freedom.

Closed Thread