1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

It's illegal to mess with someone's email account....

Quote:
Guilty verdict on two counts in Palin email-hijacking case

Read More:
http://email.foxnews.com/t?ctl=45CA:...42FB2653EB76B&
--albeit Palin is a public figure and this guy could get up to 20 years on only one of these counts....it's just clear, it's not nice to mess with someone's email account or address.

Internet fraud and internet crime is finally being recognized, and prosecution is becoming possible.

This will be interesting tho, since this criminal is the son of a democrat lawmaker, and they probably have lots of money.........but, thus far, the jury is on the right track.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

I'm glad to see the laws starting to "catch up" with the technology. It seems strange that if someone messes with your USPS mail box, it is a Federal offense. If they mess with your internet mail box...nada. The laws need some review.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"
Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
The Hacker Case Verdict

Today at 2:27pm

My family and I are thankful that the jury thoroughly and carefully weighed the evidence and issued a just verdict. Besides the obvious invasion of privacy and security concerns surrounding this issue, many of us are concerned about the integrity of our country’s political elections. America’s elections depend upon fair competition. Violating the law, or simply invading someone’s privacy for political gain, has long been repugnant to Americans’ sense of fair play. As Watergate taught us, we rightfully reject illegally breaking into candidates’ private communications for political intrigue in an attempt to derail an election.

I want to thank the public servants who worked so hard on this case, particularly the jurors who gave up precious time from their jobs and families to listen to the evidence and reach a decision.

My family and I appreciate the good people of Knoxville, Tennessee, who showed us true Southern hospitality. We can’t wait to visit again – but without having a subpoena in hand.

- Sarah Palin

Closed Thread