1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 08:34 PM   #1
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Fridays

Does anybody live near a Fridays? Saw an add on tv for a chicken and cheese - a pizza pan with chicken beasts, smothered in cheese, and covered with peppers, onions, and maybe mushrooms. Cost was mentioned as $8.99. This is not a sandwich, and not a stir fry, I don't know what it is? If you get one, I'd like a report as to what's in it. I don't live within a 100 miles of a Fridays up here in nowheresville, Iowa. Take notes and report back. There will be a quiz. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(of course, it's after 9 pm and I'm having a food fit. Pray for me!)
Old 04-26-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

Yes, there is one in Springfield.

Paps has already declared that he will be trying it out soon!
I will give you his report.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

He's going alone? Has this been going on long?
Old 04-26-2003, 08:43 PM   #4
Grands
Branson's "Biggest" fan

No, but it looks to rich for my blood.

I will have something boring!
Old 04-26-2003, 08:46 PM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Hang on Jeep !!!

Have a diet coke, and drink half of it fast.....you will be very full....and unable to wish for goodies.

I did have a snack earlier.....2 cheese cubes 2 bacon rinds.

...........somehow the taste for SWEET is creepin on me......lol.

Can we eat the topping off of that Friday's pizza?........just leave the crust?
Old 04-26-2003, 08:46 PM   #6
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

I really appreciate this research and we, at Don's Diner, look forward to recreating this food concoction. So, I will appreciate as many details as you can give. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Cheese, I don't think it's a pizza, that's why I'm interested. I think it could be an excellent Atkins entre.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
renegade

Jeep,

Have you been to their website, I found this description under their menu. Is this what you are talking about?

Sizzling Chicken & Cheese *new*
Two marinated sautéed chicken breasts over onions & peppers with melted American & Mexican cheeses. Served with our signature mashed potatoes.

Renegade

www.tgifridays.com

Last edited by renegade; 04-26-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:29 AM   #9
angerie
Mine mommy! :)

YUMMMMM!

T.G.I.Fridays is a favorite of mine. As soon as I saw the commercial, I had to try the chicken & cheese. It was scrumptious! It was two sautéed chicken breasts over onions & peppers with melted cheese. Lot's of melted cheese! They were served over a bed of sautéed green peppers & onions. There signature mashed potatoes were an excellant compliment to the dish. There were a perfect blend of seasonings. I will definately be having it again! I hope everyone who like this sort of meal get's a chance to try it. Hope this helps ya, Jeep.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #10
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Yes it does and thanks so much for replying. Are there any carbs in it, other than the potatoes? Any crust or anything?
Old 04-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #11
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the website. I see that it is really a "skillet" thing, not a pizza. I see also it is only available until May 3, so I must get busy. I have a choice - Sioux Falls or Mankato, each about 100 miles away. Quite a distance for a chicken skillet, but I need to get out a little, so that will be my excuse. I can't believe the help I got from you guys on this thing - Grands was right. This chatline is incredible!!
Old 04-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #12
Queen Bee

this is not a good thread to be reading when you're longing for something different to eat, you're hungry as all get-out, and just as broke as can be.....now, where did i put those pork rinds?????
Old 05-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #13
jeep76
Super Ultra Member

The rest of the story

Howdy from Minnesota
I'm up here in the land of Jesee, and I finally had my chicken-cheese sizzle at Fridays. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I mentioned on this Branson board that I was hungry for a certain food item at Fridays that they were advertising on tv. My satellite tv is in the basement, right next to my computer and next to my diner. Anyway, I got some real help from the board and I discovered that the closest Fridays to my home was in Mankato, about 100 miles from where I live. So, tonight, we drove there because that menu item goes off tomorrow night.
Well, it is two small chicken breasts, with peppers and onions on it, and then the whole thing covered with melted cheese. It was pretty good - not worth 100 miles though, maybe 25 or so. It came with whipped potatoes and I gave them to my dw and she gave me some of her salad. Anyway, I got it out of my sytem and now I am at Mamas, getting ready for the big garage sale tomorrow. She has a computer here, so I can keep in touch with my buddies.

password - IAGUY8716 (must be in caps) please sign guest book at the end of each album
Old 05-02-2003, 10:50 PM   #14
renegade

Jeep,

I am so glad you got to try the chicken-cheese sizzle. Unfortunately so many things are like that, you crave this wonderful thing and then you get it and it is just OK. The real thrill is the chase to get what you want. Have a great time at the garage sale and have a safe trip home.

Renegade
Old 05-04-2003, 05:12 AM   #15
engel
Super Ultra Member

What's a Jesee?

Closed Thread