1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Watch the "Branson Wave"

from FlyBranson
Watch the "Branson Wave"!
No other airport in the country is doing this as each aircraft departs. http://bit.ly/pza30
Old 07-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Blessed

Location: In the Ozark hills where the chiggers love me but no more fire ants.
I like it that they are doing that but here's hoping that in the future they will get too busy with so many flights to be able to continue doing it.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

DH kind of snickered when he watched it. I told him, you'd be surprised what an impact a gesture like this can have on departing visitors.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Kind of like getting leied in Honolulu, only cheaper.

Actually it's kind of cool, and easy to do. Of course there would be hell to pay if those were union employees

Keep it up Branson Airport!!..but don't get too close to that warm breeze coming out of those engines.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmationDad View Post
Kind of like getting leied in Honolulu, only cheaper.

Actually it's kind of cool, and easy to do. Of course there would be hell to pay if those were union employees

Keep it up Branson Airport!!..but don't get too close to that warm breeze coming out of those engines.
Yes, I saw "The Wave" when I flew out of Branson to MSP over Memorial Day weekend. I thought it was kind of cool, but knowing Branson, was not all that surprised. The people who were BLOWN AWAY were the people sitting beside me who had boarded the plane in Dallas and were going through to Minneapolis. They took the flight that stopped in Branson because it worked out best for their schedule. They told me it was pretty amazing and I told them it was pretty typical for Branson... that they should try a few days here some time!!

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

This is the first time I have seen, or heard of, the wave.

I've got to get to Branson more than once a month to keep up

I like The Wave. If I had been here for a short visit and looked out my plane window and saw this, I would think this is a city that enjoys and caters to their visitors and a place I would like to visit again.

Kind of like a restaurant, when someone takes the time, as you are leaving, to thank you for coming in and tells you to come back. Makes a lot better impression that two or three employees standing in a group talking about their personal lives, and watching you walk out without saying anything.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

That is a really great idea! VERY good public relations! It would be neat if they waved when planes arrived, too, as a welcome and "we are glad you are here" sign.

Closed Thread