1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #31
Lindsey
Ultra Member

For outdoor activities in May in the Branson area - Dogwood Canyon is awesomely beautiful - you can rent bikes and meander into Arkansas, you can do fly fishing, you can take the tram ride, hike and picnic, etc. There is also horseback riding - if not at Dogwood Canyon, then just north of Branson there is a nice one-hour trail ride that we have enjoyed. And of course, in Branson, lots of go-carts!!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #32
JanB

Don't miss shopping in Historic Downtown. It's the best place to shop in Branson. About 50 mom and pop shops, an old time 5&10, ice cream parlors, flea markets, homestyle restaurants, carriage rides, old time candy and fudge shops......just a really neat and different place. Nowhere else like it in Branson.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #33
Lindsey
Ultra Member

and don't forget to Ride The Ducks!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #34
Echoqueen

This is a great thread. We will be visiting Branson for the first time in mid March So I'm guessing the day time highs around 50? Any weather tips would be helpful.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #35
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

First of all welcome to you and your family. We always have a long weekend fishing trip on Taneycomo over Memorial Day. Granted, it is two weeks later than you are coming, but the pool is always full. Tablerock lake is a warm lake but you and your hearty family from down south might find it a little cool to your liking. There is an indoor water park, the pools are heated and you and your family should be just fine.

But it is Missouri not Mississippi and we can have a cold spring like last year.

Fly
Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #36
Rodeomomof2
Branson May 2009 :-)

Thanks for all of the GREAT advice and info. We will be there 7 days and nights...and I don't think we will run out of things to do. I think we will be at SDC at least 2 days and then we will have a Branson Day, Springfield Day, Dogwood Canyon Day....and I am sure the guys would love to take a day to fish and hang out at the lake at our condo....what else am I missing? Anything of a CAN NOT miss nature? I wan't to make the most of it!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
lovemycondo
Grandma of 4 & loving it

I think you need to go to at least one show. With teens I would say Haygoods. Have a great time.
See http://www.meadowbrook-resort.com Year after year. Trip Advisor-Award of Excellence & FlipKey-Top Vacation Rental awards!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #38
Rodeomomof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemycondo View Post
I think you need to go to at least one show. With teens I would say Haygoods. Have a great time.
Ok, I will put that on my "research and look into" list and see about making plans for going to that show. Thank you!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #39
Rodeomomof2

We have heard about the 5 & dime store...can't wait to show my kids one of these...growing up in rural Mississippi, I can remember going to one of these in our small town, and I am only in my 30's! haha Now they are nowhere to be found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
Don't miss shopping in Historic Downtown. It's the best place to shop in Branson. About 50 mom and pop shops, an old time 5&10, ice cream parlors, flea markets, homestyle restaurants, carriage rides, old time candy and fudge shops......just a really neat and different place. Nowhere else like it in Branson.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #40
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

Have you tried geocaching (or treasure hunting, as my boys call it)? There are nearly 100 of them in the Branson area. Finding the caches will take you all over Branson, and to some areas where you never would have found otherwise.

If you have a GPS unit, then you are set! There are several board members who enjoy the sport. Another cache was just hidden in Branson this month, and we plan to find it as soon as we get there!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:33 AM   #41
Rodeomomof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyann View Post
Have you tried geocaching (or treasure hunting, as my boys call it)? There are nearly 100 of them in the Branson area. Finding the caches will take you all over Branson, and to some areas where you never would have found otherwise.

If you have a GPS unit, then you are set! There are several board members who enjoy the sport. Another cache was just hidden in Branson this month, and we plan to find it as soon as we get there!
We DO have a GPS..where do you find out more about this, where to start, what to look for etc? Sounds interesting....
Old 02-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #42
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeomomof2 View Post
We have heard about the 5 & dime store...can't wait to show my kids one of these...growing up in rural Mississippi, I can remember going to one of these in our small town, and I am only in my 30's! haha Now they are nowhere to be found.
Just make sure you go to DICK'S 5 and Dime in downtown Branson; it's the old time version. There's a fake 5 and Dime down at the Landing.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #43
Tyann
Love My Vacation House!

You can read about it at www.geocaching.com. That is where you will also get the coordinates for all of the "treasures." We also have a thread going in the "Outdoor Activities" section. You can see a few pictures of caches, too.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #44
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Just make sure you go to DICK'S 5 and Dime in downtown Branson; it's the old time version. There's a fake 5 and Dime down at the Landing.

That's so funny, BC! But good advice! Probably lots of people 'see' the 5 and Dime at the Landing and think they've found the real thing! Just the word "fake" struck me as funny!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #45
Rodeomomof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Yes, thanks for the heads up! I already looked up the address downtown for this...and I am looking forward to it!

Closed Thread