1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
FrenchHen
Cafe & CoffeeHouse

8/16/8 Full Moon Kayak Paddle

Ozark Mountain Rowing & Kayaking Club’s
2nd ANNUAL FULL MOON PADDLE
SATURDAY, AUGUST 16, 2008 @ 9:00 P.M.

THIS WILL BE A GREAT SPECIAL TRIP. THE FULL MOON WILL BE OUT AND REFLECTING ON THE BEAUTIFUL SURFACE OF TABLE ROCK LAKE (BRANSON, MISSOURI). THIS IS A GREAT TRIP FOR FIRST-TIME, BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED PADDLERS. MAKE SATURDAY NIGHT A DATE!

ALL PADDLERS MUST WEAR A LIFE JACKET AND ARE REQUIRED BY STATE LAW TO BRING ALONG A FLASHLIGHT OR WEAR A "HEADLAMP".

WE LAUNCH AT THE DALE AVENUE BOAT RAMP AT 9:00 P.M. (Directions: Take Highway 265 South over the Table Rock dam, past the Table Rock State Park turn off and the Table Rock Marina entrances. Dale Avenue is the next street on the right. Take Dale Avenue 200 feet to the boat ramp)

IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO ON THIS OR ANY OTHER TRIP BUT YOU DON'T HAVE A KAYAK, PLEASE CONTACT EITHER RODNEY WRIGHT WITH 165 MARINA VIEW (336-2811) OR LARRY THOMPSON WITH BULL CREEK OUTPOST (561-1045) TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO RENT A KAYAK TO BE DELIVERED TO THE LAUNCH LOCATION.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT ERIC FARRIS AT 334-7278 or eric@farrislawgroup.com

Club membership is NOT required and there is NO charge to participate in this paddle.... so, come on out and join us!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
FrenchHen
Cafe & CoffeeHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchHen View Post
IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO ON THIS OR ANY OTHER TRIP BUT YOU DON'T HAVE A KAYAK, PLEASE CONTACT EITHER RODNEY WRIGHT WITH 165 MARINA VIEW (336-2811) OR LARRY THOMPSON WITH BULL CREEK OUTPOST (561-1045) TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO RENT A KAYAK TO BE DELIVERED TO THE LAUNCH LOCATION.

Club membership is NOT required and there is NO charge to participate in this paddle.... so, come on out and join us!!![/SIZE][/CENTER]
As you are planning your week, look to see if you can free up the evening of Saturday, August 16th to go paddling with us!

If you need a kayak for the paddle, then call Rodney or Larry. They are board members of the Ozark Mountain Rowing & Kayaking Club and local outfitters. For a reduced price (for club paddling trips), they can deliver a kayak for you to the put-in and provide you with a paddle and a life jacket.

Hope to see you on the water soon!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Gilligan
Ultra Member

Wish we could make it! Darn! DH and I love to Kayak. We'll be watching for other events as they come up. Glad to know you guys exist.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
FrenchHen
Cafe & CoffeeHouse

LAST CALL FOR PADDLING!

The forecast is calling for clear skies and 70 degrees at the 9:00 p.m. launch time. Since last night’s rain moved through the area, the forecast is for some clouds and rain today (Friday) but then the sky will be clear from Saturday morning through Sunday night. This is exactly the window of opportunity that we need to have a fun and exciting FULL MOON PADDLE Saturday night. If the forecast changes and the paddle must be postponed due to weather, then we will notify you and tell you about the new date/time.

Please be reminded that there is NO CHARGE or requirement that you be a club member to come out and paddle on this trip. If you want to arrange for a kayak rental, then call Rodney Wright at Kayak Branson (336-2811) or Larry Thompson at Bull Creek Outpost (561-1045). They will meet you at the put-in with a boat, paddle and life jacket.

WE HOPE WE SEE YOU ON THE WATER!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
FrenchHen
Cafe & CoffeeHouse

The Full Moon Paddle was a success! We had great weather and a beautiful full moon for the 61 paddlers who kayaked or canoed out to the island on Table Rock Lake. We then pulled up the boats on the beach on the island and made a campfire to roast marshmellows and make smores before paddling back to the "mainland".

It was an amazing night!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Gilligan
Ultra Member

I logged on just hoping to hear about the kayak trip and what do you know? A Review! Glad you had a great time. I wish the trip was earlier in August, before school starts, so that dh and I could come along. What island are you talking about? I have a map and would like to look it up.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
FrenchHen
Cafe & CoffeeHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
I logged on just hoping to hear about the kayak trip and what do you know? A Review! Glad you had a great time. I wish the trip was earlier in August, before school starts, so that dh and I could come along. What island are you talking about? I have a map and would like to look it up.
We will keep you informed about our upcoming kayak trips and paddles. Our club will have another fun paddle during September and we have been helping the Big Brother/Big Sister program in their planning for a canoe and kayak race and fun paddle at the end of October (this is tenatively scheduled for October 25 from Lilley's Landing to Branson Landing on Lake Taneycomo). In addition to these events, our club will be announcing our Fall Colors Paddle sometime in October or November. We will keep you informed and hope you can participate!

The island that we paddled out to on the Full Moon Paddle is the large island which is due south from Poverty Point from the Dale Avenue boat ramp roughly halfway between the ramp and the Highway 86 bridge. In that area of the lake, there are 4 islands. Duck Island is the island closest to the Branson Belle; the large island that we went to on the Full Moon paddle; another island which is 500 yards west of the large island and a small island which is approximately 1000 yards south of the large island.

Closed Thread