1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
lorigal70

Family Reunion/Vow Renewal in June 09

Hi,

I'm planning a vow renewal ceremony in Eureka Springs at the Thorncrown Chapel next June. We are inviting our family to join us and make it a big family vacation. I have several questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

1. Ideas for lodging? We'd like to stay in the same area but not necessarily together in the same cabin/condo. We may have as many as 50 people from 8 different families, so several cabins/condos/suites would be ideal. We will have kids who range from 0 - 12 and would like to have activities for them. maybe a pool, swim beach, etc. Top picks so far

The Island Motel and Resort Rentals on Holiday Island (renting several vacation condos or homes together) We are also thinking about having our reception/family party at The Barn here on Holiday Island. If we stay here, our guests won't have far to drive after the party.

Lake Forest Luxury Log Cabins with B & J's Lakeside Retreat

Holiday Inn Express

Tall Pines Inn

Lake Shore Cabins on Beaver Lake

Enchanted Forest

Bear Mountain Log Cabins

2. Not sure how many nights to spend in Eureka Springs. We're would like to visit Branson too. We are planning to check in some place in Eureka Springs on Friday afternoon, then dinner, Passion Play, ?? Saturday night is our ceremony at 7:30. Planning a reception afterward. Sunday we would like to take a canoe/float trip. Thinking of driving to Branson Sunday night and spending 2 or 3 nights there.

3. Need a fun place for an informal reception. We are going to serve BBQ and beer and would like to have room for 50 - 75 to dance. Can you tell me anything about the following.

The Barn on Holiday Island

Sadie's Welcome Barn at the Dinner Bell Ranch

The Cherokee Room at Bear Mountain Cabins

I would be grateful for any suggestions
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
peachoc

We stayed at the Island Motel and Resort with the kiddos a few years ago. Our condo was very nice and affordable with a full kitchen/gas grill, etc. We could also swim at the hotel pool (a short drive). The kids have been asking to go back because they loved it.

I do not have any experience with the other places. The play is fun (if you want to spend more time, you can do the Holy Land tour/museum package).
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
God's Girl

My daughter got married at Thorncrown Chapel this past November. Most of our families rented condos/cabins/houses from www.holidayisland.com/motel. We even had some stay at the motel. We just gave everyone the information and they found where they wanted to stay and made their own reservations. We also had a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for those wanting to be in Eureka Springs.

As for the reception...we had it at The Ballroom at Holiday Island. It turned out to be the perfect place. We checked out The Barn, but decided we didn't want to be that far down. The Ballroom wasn't nearly as far from the main highway as The Barn was. We had a great experience with all the people there. We couldn't have found a better place for the reception. Everything we could possibly need was available to use.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Closed Thread