1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
BransonMoTiger
Ultra Member

Branson Meadows TIF

Who knows the makeup of the Board of Alderman, how each person voted and what due diligence was or was not done when the Branson Meadows TIF was approved? Others have instructed that two (2) members of the then Board will be back in charge of city administration after the swearing in ceremony next Monday. Is this accurate?

I think that this information would be instructive as to who voted FOR this TIF (which is universally termed a failure) while also opposing the Branson Landing TIF and Branson Hills TIF (which among many people [note that I didn't say all] are regarded as successful TIFs).

It would also be interesting to look at what those aldermen required in the way of financial studies, reports, etc. to do their due diligence before voting for the Branson Meadows TIF versus the due diligence in the way of feasibility studies done for Branson Landing.

Also, what amount of public input was made (how many public meetings were held before the vote) on the Branson Meadows TIF and the Branson Landing TIF. The former administration is criticized that 50 plus public meetings on Branson Landing was an insufficient amount of public input and I would interested as to whether the Branson Landing TIF was voted in after just a couple of meetings.

Last edited by BransonMoTiger; 04-09-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Grizzly
in perpetual hybernation

Now that the election is over I will answer the question. I believe Pressley and Davis were on that council. If the mayor was not, it might have been voted in just after she left. I did not answer in your previous posted question because of the election. I do not support Dr. Davis, but unlike some of the opposition, I actually do not think those decisions should be held up in the election campagn process because it was also a group of 6 + 1 and a vote based upon the best information they had at the time.

I was willing to point out the "green" positions he holds, but felt I would leave the TIF alone. It should not have been used on Williams OR Davis OR Purvis. The TIF issue was and that is too bad. It actually should have been a minor issue, they all three are done deals.

The Meadows TIF was (I believed) based on good information that fell through after the fact. The promissed land deal was hijacked and then the developer tried to compensate by higher land prices which stagnated the sales. It might finally come out of it's deep sleep. IF we can find a way to stop taking a breath and encourage some more sub-development.

Last edited by Grizzly; 04-09-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Closed Thread