1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Critter
Super Ultra Member

DH leaves....

this morning. We have had a good time together, except for last night about 8 p.m. We found a problem with my sink and now I need a new water faucet. He said Lowe's opens at 7 so we are going there this morning to replace it. ALSO he had turned on the air conditioner and it is just blowing cool air instead of cold air. SOOOOOO!! BAD timing!! It is a 24 hour service and I will see if they can come maybe Friday evening when I get off work. I don't know what is wrong with it. I hope it is something minor. I don't know how old it is but we have lived here 11 years. I wished we had tried it out a few days earlier before he left. He will fix the sink this morning and then it will be time for him to leave. Bittersweet ending..... I wish I wouldn't have told my workplace I would be in later today. Maybe they could have got me in. At least it is not hot weather yet. We got a lot of things done while he was here.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Hey girl,
I will be thinking of both of you today.....
I just don't know what to say.............
I wish I could wave a magic wand and change everything for you....
As far as the air, You more than apt need coolant put back in,
They get low sometimes, and they will blow cool, Instead of cold....
Don't let the workers know your hubby is away,
Sometimes they like to take advantage of females..
And if they come up with something like replacing the unit,
get another opinion...
MOm and dad's was low, on freon, and was told they needed to replace the inside coolant coils,
They just let them refill the freon, and it leaked out after the summer, and a different company come out and they filled it and they have never had any more trouble.... So be careful....
Try to have a good day, We are all there with you...
HUgs, KIM

Last edited by fordarama; 03-12-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Critter, I'll sure be thinking about you and your family today. I bet these past few days just flew by. Good thing the faucet is getting fixed this morning, at least you won't have to try and play plumber.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
PatiCake101
Super Ultra Member

Critter....my thoughts are with you today, and with your dear husband. I know that it must be difficult for him to leave you and your little girl as well. I'm sure that he wants to make sure before he leaves that everything at home is working for you.
Please tell him for me how very much we appreciate his service to our country...and that he will be in my prayers everyday.

We will be here for you in anyway that we can, I hope that you know that.

(((hugs to you all)))
Old 03-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Thinking of you today Critter...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

The Lord's with you today ... closer as always, ready to listen!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Good morning Critter. As others have said, we are so grateful for your family's sacrifice for all of us. But with that comes these sad partings that we hate to have you go through. Bless hubby's heart for all of his help before he has to leave. We will send our prayers heavenward too!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #8
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

Critter, know you have good support anytime you need it.
Prayers for all of you today, tomorrow and always.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Dear Critter,
You are such a strong young lady, and you have such a brave hubby, and you both are a blessing to us as your friends, and to our Nation, because you are Patriots. And, your Daughter will be so proud of you both someday when she is old enough to understand.

Bittersweet is the day of goodbyes, and I fully understand your feelings. I also know that if you keep good feelings, and busy yourself sending emails and letters and packages, and get involved with the other ''wives'' and ''families'', the time will fly by faster.

I'm so proud of you all.
God Bless your Hero, OUR HERO, and we appreciate his CHOICE to do what his NATION has called him to do. It is sad for a while, but...these HEROS choose to go, ........... it is a very special person that wears a uniform for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..VERY SPECIAL PERSON.

Be proud, this time is going to fly by.
He is in my prayers, as well as you and your daughter. xooxoxoxoxoxoxox
Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #10
Critter
Super Ultra Member

He just left and I am fixing to go back to work in a few minutes. Cheesecake, I wish I could be as strong as you are. I am not. I am too much of a softy. Seeing him and his best friend drive up the road was so hard for me. I am not good at goodbyes......
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
He just left and I am fixing to go back to work in a few minutes. Cheesecake, I wish I could be as strong as you are. I am not. I am too much of a softy. Seeing him and his best friend drive up the road was so hard for me. I am not good at goodbyes......
BiggggggggggggHUG>

Yup you are going to feel bad .... but that too will pass as the ''reality'' sinks in. And, I"M CONFIDENT that YOU are going to be just fine. More confident than you are at this moment. Trust me, you are stronger than you think.

Carry on, sweetie. You are a GREAT AMERICAN!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
shis1
Str8fn

Critter, I don't know what to 'say' to you that hasn't already been said here, but just know that we DO CARE about you and your family, and all are ready to 'talk' to you and 'be here' for you when needed! God Bless!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for everyone's support and friendship here. It means a lot to me. My dh made it about an hour ago. He and his best friend is buying time til he goes back on base. He don't have to be there til 8 p.m. He has been trying to make sure all his guys are making it back. He can't get ahold of one of them.

When Dh got up the first morning he came, I got him on the scales. He has lost 15 pounds and I don't know how many inches. He has to wear a belt to even keep his pants on him now!! LOL!! My dh is ready to retire after this go around. He will have his 20 years by next year. He has always loved being in his unit up until a few years ago. They had consolidated some units and he had to go someplace else. Totally new breed of people!! I liked his other unit better too. I knew a lot of people in his old unit.

I finally found someone to fix my air conditioner. Some mechanics at work knows someone really good. He charges A LOT less. The other people I was getting was 120+ and this guy is 55.00.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
Blaze2
Super Ultra Member

I can only imagine what your day has been.
Keep your chin up, stay busy until he's back home again.
How is your Daughter this afternoon?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #15
Don D
"Smilin Don"

Location: Fort Smith,Ar. 60 Mi.So. of UofA Campus. 3hr drive to Branson.
I can't even imagine you and little girls emotions at this time. I pray that you both find peace of mind while he is away. Your post's seem to indicate you are a strong person or, very good at keeping your emotions under control.
I wish you and yours the best, and may the days until your hubby returns pass by at about a 100 miles an hour.["THATS FAST"].
Don...

Closed Thread