1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Grand Palace

What is the deal with the Palace this year. Their website is totally outdated. There are hardly any shows booked their. I cant see how one show in a month will keep them going. What will be their for Christmas this year? For being the biggest theatre in Branson it sure lacks alot.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

I've signed up for their e-mail updates with BOTH of my e-mail addresses, but I don't get any updates. I've tried to sign up again, thinking they might have lost their e-mail list, but the web site won't let me.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

The only web at the Palace is COB-WEBS.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
kc2branson

Thumbs down Premier Theatre Site Dragging It's Feet

Such a shame that Syncor Entertainment, management for the Grand Palace, does not appear interested in retaining it's reputation as the "grand" showcase theatre in Branson. Either Mr. Robert L. Hall, President, isn't minding the store or management just doesn't care to have their web site up-to-date and a full schedule of acts booked for the 2006 season.

My advice to tourists planning vacations to Branson is to look at other shows that are up and running and are current with their web site information.

The 2005 season has come and gone, but evidently the Grand Palace is living (or dying) in the past. Maybe they could turn the Palace into a "clubhouse" for the miniature golf course being built in their backyard. At least it would be used!!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
BransonGudTimr
Ultra Member

This seems to be typical for the Halls. They don't care.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
JoLaLaLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang
What is the deal with the Palace this year. Their website is totally outdated. There are hardly any shows booked their. I cant see how one show in a month will keep them going. What will be their for Christmas this year? For being the biggest theatre in Branson it sure lacks alot.
I agree! I noticed the website here a while back and was severely disapointed! How hard is it to update a schedule at least a couple times a year? Speaking from personal experience, since I have designed/webmastered a few pages myself... not that hard. Even just a plain page with a "here's whats going on" would be better than last year or the year before's stuff. Its awful!

And does anyone happen to know if anyone of interest is actually coming there this year since they can't seem to update those of us that don't drive by their sign everyday?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I was stumped at first, too.
I got to what should have been the curent schedule...only to find it was for 2005.
But somehow, by clicking something on that page, I was able to get to a schedule with about 3 Stars' dates.
Regis, OakRidge Boys, and someone else....
by that time, I wasn't sure if the info was accurate, so I just gave up.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

This is so sad. I remember when The Grand Palace was the top theater in Branson. The decor was beautifully decorated with Glynda Turley prints, and the performers were many. Sad to see it going down............
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
OkieAnon

I googled a bit, and found names that listed 2006 tour dates at the Grand Palace, like

Bill Engvall
little river band
mountain heart

but it they're not listed on the Palace's web site, makes you wonder if you can trust it.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
PUMPKIN
pumpkin

Cool

TRY THIS WEBSITE.

http://www.thegrandpalace.com/supers...ggeststars.asp
Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

That's terrible! Today is April 10, and the season is starting. IF they have other performers coming, they should have advertised them by now. What's going on with them?

The last time I called for tickets to a show at The Grand Palace, they switched me to a time-share promotion before giving me my confirmation number. I resent that VERY much.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #12
JoLaLaLa

OKieAnon- I KNOW Bill Engvall is correct, because it was on the Grand Palace sign out front when we drove by over the weekend. Says he'll be there June 2nd. I'd almost go up there just to see him (he is hilarious! one of our faves) except that it irritates me that such a big place can't keep their stuff updated. I guess I'll have to think about it for a while.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSue
That's terrible! Today is April 10, and the season is starting. IF they have other performers coming, they should have advertised them by now. What's going on with them?

The last time I called for tickets to a show at The Grand Palace, they switched me to a time-share promotion before giving me my confirmation number. I resent that VERY much.
I HATE the time share connection with the Palace... just give me my number and let me off the freak'n phone.

How long does it take to go in and type Bill Engvall on their schedule? 2005 christmas dreams? 2005 magic show? how do you make advance reservations if you don't know who's going to be there?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

I hate to see the Palace going down. When it first opened, it was so much fun, so many names were coming! Not anymore.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 04-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
nohona
Ultra Member

The last two times I have made reservations (Oaks and Regis) I have not had to endure the timeshare bit. I called, made reservations, and paid all to the same person.

Closed Thread