1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
TheOleSeagull
Administrator

New Table Rock Lakeshore Trail along Bransonís Table Rock Lake

Thanks to the combined efforts of The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Herschend Family Entertainment Corp, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and an investment of $500,000, visitors and residents alike can enjoy a new 2.2 mile multi use Table Rock Lakeshore Trail. Completed late in the fall of 2004, the trail provides easy access to areas of Table Rock Lake that most have not seen before and runs from the south side of Table Rock Dam, at the Dewey Short Visitor Center, to the State Park Marina.

The eight foot wide paved trail is available for both hiking and biking, has restrooms available at various points, and meets the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements. That coupled with the relative flatness of the trail and convenient entry and egress points makes the trail available and useable for the enjoyment of those who might not normally be able to experience the natural beauty and grandeur of the Ozarks outdoors and Table Rock Lake.

The trail goes through woodlands, over wet weather creeks, and has long stretches that run close to the Table Rockís shore line. Those traveling on the trail can expect to see native fauna, animals like an occasional deer, and birds of all varieties. One of the neat aspects of the trail is that it makes areas of the Table Rock Lake shorelines that were previously inaccessible to most accessible to all.

The trail passes through or within viewing distance of the White River Landing, the home of the Show Boat Branson Belle and the Table Rock State Park, camp grounds, marina, and boat launching ramp. In the state park the trail provides convenient access to its public use and picnic area.

The trail is open from dawn to dusk to foot traffic, bicycles, skateboards and scooters. The only motorized vehicles permitted on the trail are motorized wheelchairs. The trail can be conveniently accessed from three, trailhead, locations: the Dewey Short Visitor Center, the Showboat Branson Belle (during seasonal operating hours) and the picnic area at Table Rock State Park.

Picture & Article at The Branson Courier
Old 03-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks. This is very interesting.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
Julsouthbranson

This is usually one of my favorite places to take the dogs and kids for a walk. We are anxious to try the new and improved trail this week. The Visitor Center area is my favorite place to sit and watch the lake. DH and I had our first 'date' there 16 years ago - sitting on the little dock talking about life. Its nice to be able to take our children to the same area.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julsouthbranson
This is usually one of my favorite places to take the dogs and kids for a walk. We are anxious to try the new and improved trail this week. The Visitor Center area is my favorite place to sit and watch the lake. DH and I had our first 'date' there 16 years ago - sitting on the little dock talking about life. Its nice to be able to take our children to the same area.
That's so romantic. And I agree it's a perfect place to look over at the Chateau and the water.
But my story isn't as sweet. I was using our new digital camera one year...taking a shot of the Chateau and I wasn't sure if I had enough room left - the sunlight was bright - and the glare was on the little screen when it asked me a question - I clicked YES and all my photos were deleted, including youngest Son's college graduation pix from the week before.
Now I never answer YES until I know exactly what I am agreeing to.

Last year, new digital camera and I am taking a photo of talented Amanda and she is being so sweet about me trying to get the camera to work. And I am trying not to take up too much of her time but I know it's just not working. I get home and realize I took a little video of Amanda instead of a photo.

Moral: figure out how your camera works before you try to use it in Branson.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
Julsouthbranson

Thats so sad about your camera - I would of been sick!!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks, TheOleSeagull! We'll have to check it out!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #7
IslandGirl
Ultra Member

Sounds like a nice place to take my parents. Thanks for the info!
Exodus 20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour."

"Today after almost a century of trial, today after over a year of debate, today after all the votes have been tallied, health insurance reform becomes law in the United States of America. Today.

Closed Thread