1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Movies/TV/Books/Music

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff

Surprised the library ordered up a digital copy so fast and the waiting list is growing......however I was able to get it today which was surprising since it was so new. Interesting reading so far.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Just one more FRAUD by the anti american Globalist and their puppets, the DNC and their paid shills, in this instance one "Michael Wolff"....who is now stating that, SHAZAAAMMM!! he is "not sure" all the material in his book is true....duh...typical pinhead liberal lies...tell a BIG lie, and the FAKE NEWS hacks will repeat it often enough....h,mmm, just who in history also had this M.O. for his political enemies? Hmmmm, libby's????
Old 01-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Just one more FRAUD by the anti american Globalist and their puppets, the DNC and their paid shills, in this instance one "Michael Wolff"....who is now stating that, SHAZAAAMMM!! he is "not sure" all the material in his book is true....duh...typical pinhead liberal lies...tell a BIG lie, and the FAKE NEWS hacks will repeat it often enough....h,mmm, just who in history also had this M.O. for his political enemies? Hmmmm, libby's????
Wow....... Well, if it is proven they are such fake, lies and just plain false then there should be plenty of defamation/libel lawsuits against the author and publisher. 3.....2.....1.......wait.....he stands by his words and says he has hours upon hours of audio recordings and other collaboration. Funny someone let him in, and it wasn't the secret service and all personal cell phones were banned from the west wing hours after the book was announced. Lawsuits means recordings will be played in court, and he will probably sell another book or two. So let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited by soxster; 01-06-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Wikileaks of course has gotten into the mix, I suspect an attempt to diminish profits by offering free illegal copies of Fire and Fury on line as a freebie, but one has a risk of copy right infringement if caught. But hey, they like spreading the word.......for what ever that means these days.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Soxter..um...have you READ the book??? Cover to cover??? If you have, then you KNOW the author does NOT "stand by his words" in the book! As the "Prologue" in the book states. written by Wolff, ( And as Business Insider, The Washington Times, among others have noted also) “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. Sometimes,I have let the players OFFER THEIR VERSION, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I BELIEVE to be true.”

So, in other words, the "author" is stating that, "I am just writing gossip and attempting to slant it the way I want the reader to see it, which is MY ANTI TRUMP, ultra left wing liberal viewpoint"!! That, Soxter, is what the "author" is saying himself. Are you sure he is still "standing by his words"???

For further proof that this is just more left sing liberal gossip mongering, lets see what else the "author" has now recently admitted! Just yesterday, on CBS This Morning, he was interviewed by host Norah O'Donnell, in which the "author" admitted to her that he NEVER personally interviewed A SINGLE White House Cabinet member before writing this book!

Here is the interview in it's entirity for your pleasurable EATING OF CROW! Quote: "Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

She then asked Wolff if he ever interviewed Vice President Mike Pence.

“I did not,” Wolff said again.

O’Donnell also noted Trump denied having ever been interviewed by Wolff.

“The president denies he ever spoke to you for the book, at all,” O’Donnell said.

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”

“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point..."

So, yes, as thinking people already surmised, this "author" is up to his old shenannigans once again, as he has done in the past in his "journalistic" endeavors. Gossip, half truths, personal opinions, second and third party "quotes", unnamed sources, etc, etc, ad naseum.

But this should be no surprise to anyone is well read and informed of both issues and people, as the "author", Michael Wolff, describes himself as a "Famous Bloviator"....and in case you are unsure of what that term means, the "Urban Dictionary" gives this reference"

Bloviator:1. A public figure, such as a politician or an actor, who makes outlandish, strident statements on issues, thinking that the average man will care about their opinions.

2. Someone who pontificates about issues of which they are uninformed, yet pretend to be expert.

3. Pompous blowhard, using their celebrity to speak about topics on which they are totally unqualified.

Yes, yes, quite an accurate statement of himself, by himself...seems to be the most factual statement in his entire life.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 01-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Soxter..um...have you READ the book??? Cover to cover??? If you have, then you KNOW the author does NOT "stand by his words" in the book! As the "Prologue" in the book states. written by Wolff, ( And as Business Insider, The Washington Times, among others have noted also) “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. Sometimes,I have let the players OFFER THEIR VERSION, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I BELIEVE to be true.”

So, in other words, the "author" is stating that, "I am just writing gossip and attempting to slant it the way I want the reader to see it, which is MY ANTI TRUMP, ultra left wing liberal viewpoint"!! That, Soxter, is what the "author" is saying himself. Are you sure he is still "standing by his words"???

For further proof that this is just more left sing liberal gossip mongering, lets see what else the "author" has now recently admitted! Just yesterday, on CBS This Morning, he was interviewed by host Norah O'Donnell, in which the "author" admitted to her that he NEVER personally interviewed A SINGLE White House Cabinet member before writing this book!

Here is the interview in it's entirity for your pleasurable EATING OF CROW! Quote: "Host Norah O’Donnell asked Wolf, “Did you speak to any members of the president’s Cabinet for this book?”

Wolff responded, “I did not.”

You did not?” O’Donnell repeated.

“I did not,” Wolff confirmed.

She then asked Wolff if he ever interviewed Vice President Mike Pence.

“I did not,” Wolff said again.

O’Donnell also noted Trump denied having ever been interviewed by Wolff.

“The president denies he ever spoke to you for the book, at all,” O’Donnell said.

“I probably think he had no idea he was speaking to me for this book,” Wolff said. “When I would meet the president in the White House we would chat as though we were friends.”

“But that’s not an interview, to greet someone and say, ‘Hello,’” O’Donnell pointed out. “That’s not a journalistic exercise.

Wolff struggled to explain away O’Donnell’s point..."

So, yes, as thinking people already surmised, this "author" is up to his old shenannigans once again, as he has done in the past in his "journalistic" endeavors. Gossip, half truths, personal opinions, second and third party "quotes", unnamed sources, etc, etc, ad naseum.

But this should be no surprise to anyone is well read and informed of both issues and people, as the "author", Michael Wolff, describes himself as a "Famous Bloviator"....and in case you are unsure of what that term means, the "Urban Dictionary" gives this reference"

Bloviator:1. A public figure, such as a politician or an actor, who makes outlandish, strident statements on issues, thinking that the average man will care about their opinions.

2. Someone who pontificates about issues of which they are uninformed, yet pretend to be expert.

3. Pompous blowhard, using their celebrity to speak about topics on which they are totally unqualified.

Yes, yes, quite an accurate statement of himself, by himself...seems to be the most factual statement in his entire life.
Yes, I am well aware of the books preface....... we sent it back to library after my wife read it. Will Trump, Bannon, Hicks, Lewandowski and others challenge it in court....time will tell. Bannon sure has lost his support of Trump and the Merciers money. Somebody high up believes some of it. While others are fact checking, check out the administrations daily factless facts. They seem to accumulate daily.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Wikileaks of course has gotten into the mix, I suspect an attempt to diminish profits by offering free illegal copies of Fire and Fury on line as a freebie, but one has a risk of copy right infringement if caught. But hey, they like spreading the word.......for what ever that means these days.
Wikileaks apparently pulled the link shortly after it was posted for what ever reason. Maybe they was unsure if it would help or hurt the current administration.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Surprised the library ordered up a digital copy so fast and the waiting list is growing......however I was able to get it today which was surprising since it was so new. Interesting reading so far.
The library ordered 70 copies of the e-book version and there is waiting list on each one of those copies......so yes there is a huge interest in this book. Time will tell how it sells and shakes out. People can make up their own minds.......just as Peter Schweizer book, Clinton Cash sold quite well.....people will make up their own minds.

Last edited by soxster; 01-09-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Closed Thread