1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Recipes, Cooking, & More

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
modifierbowl

Whats for Thanksgiving?

So the much awaited Thanksgiving is almost here. What's your plan for this special festivity? What would be dishes that you are planning to prepare?
Old 11-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
billj598

The usual Turkey and all the trimmings.

We did the hot oil frying for several years with OK results and then the cost of the Peanut Oil went sky-high and became three or four times more expensive than buying the bird.

Tried one of those Char-Broil, propane-fired Infrared cookers (about $99 most places) about five years ago and we will never go back to the hot-oil frying method. No more highly expensive frying-oil to buy. It takes just a little longer than the oil-frying and you have to carefully place a reliable meat thermometer directly in the deepest part of the turkey-breast until it reaches about 185 degrees but the results are awesome !

First rub the bird with virgin olive oil and sprinkle thoroughly with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. Then inject liberally with the liquid of your choice and it's incredibly moist and tasty Turkey all the way thru. Clean-up is much easier than the hot oil method too.

DW does a bird in the usual oven method too when we have a large crowd and she does a great job but guess which one gets eaten first !
Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
Ms_Terese
Local Member

I made reservations! LOL

We have so much going on, and I just didn't have the 3+ days prep time that Thanksgiving at our house takes, so I'm taking everyone out for an early meal.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I'm painting !!!!! Yes, you heard me right....I'm painting.

As many of you know I have a daycare center that is part of my home. I am changing the area that has been my office to an extended playroom and the area that was a playroom into my office. This has been an ongoing project for about two weeks now which included moving internet, tv, phone, intercom, etc. etc. as well as office furniture and playroom furniture. My old office needs painting and I can't do it when daycare is going on the next day due to paint fumes so I am going to paint my old office Thanksgiving morning. I close the daycare on Thanksgivng and the Friday after so it will have four days for the fumes to disappear before the following Monday.

Following the painting, I will be going out for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and then bright and early Friday morning will leave for Branson. So, it will be a work/fun weekend. The new carpeting will be installed the week after Thanksgiving and then, hopefully, it will be back to normal around here.

Am looking forward to a brand new office, more play space for the kiddos, a good Thanksgiving dinner and then time spent with my extended family at Branson Center Stage.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 11-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Turkey, roast beef, ham, dressing, taters, rolls, veggies, pumpkin pie, pecan cobler, ice cream. All, and a lot more on the fantastic buffet at Grand Country Buffet!
Old 11-15-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Leaning toward the buffet at Branson Center Stage. Unless my roomie cooks.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #7
OkieAnon

Grand Country. can't wait for some pecan cobbler/pudding/pie... whatever it is really good.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Grand Country. can't wait for some pecan cobbler/pudding/pie... whatever it is really good.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

My contribution to our family meal is going to be Deviled Eggs...my four sons have told my daughter in laws that their Deviled Eggs are "not like Mom makes".
So I dutifully peel lots and lots of eggs and wonder why those girls don't follow the recipe I gave them.....I think I might know why.

Also bringing a cheesecake.
And a big of Sonic ice from Sonic Drive In. Love those little pellets of ice in drinks.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #10
ggh
Super User

Thursday it will be the kids here, and we will be doing a non traditional Thanksgiving since we will be having an extended family gathering later in the week. Salmon and shrimp boil of sorts is on the menu.

I'm taking homemade chicken and noodles and a carrot cake to the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:08 AM   #11
DoubleT
Ultra Member

We are going to our son 's home. Their home is large enough they can host our extended families.
Our daughter in law makes the best turkey I've ever eaten.
I will be taking- ham,sweet potatoes, noodles, dressing and pies-pumpkin, pecan, and apple. Also rolls and angel biscuits.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be

Closed Thread