Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Welcome Wagon

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
But back on topic, your electric rate does seem very low!
My thoughts, exactly! New, 1 year old construction. I was told "everything is "doubled insulated"......
That's all I know.... I have apartments above & below me, still unoccupied.
I have a corner unit & a hallway outside my front door.... so, not really "sandwiched" in, on the sides, which would save some on heating....

Electric rates are much cheaper down here, than in SE Iowa..... another reason I love this area!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
My thoughts, exactly! New, 1 year old construction. I was told "everything is "doubled insulated"......
That's all I know.... I have apartments above & below me, still unoccupied.
I have a corner unit & a hallway outside my front door.... so, not really "sandwiched" in, on the sides, which would save some on heating....

Electric rates are much cheaper down here, than in SE Iowa..... another reason I love this area!
Yes, my Branson condo (2 bd, 2 ba, 1,200 sq ft) was extremely inexpensive to heat and cool. The front and back walls were outside walls, but my unit was surrounded on both sides and on top by other units making it very efficient. Although my house payment went down when I moved to Nixa, my utilities went WAY UP! I expected some of that since I was getting 1,000 more square feet, but WOW!

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
Oracle

5,500 sq ft home 8 miles outside Branson (Taney County)

Average electric bill : $173.00 (includes well water)
Annual gas bill (Propane): $500.00 ($42.00 per Month)
Monthly: Satellite TV/phone/internet: $124
Average water bill: $0

Gallon of Gas $3.50

Wife buys the food and we don't smoke.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #19
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
5,500 sq ft home 8 miles outside Branson (Taney County)

Average electric bill : $173.00 (includes well water)
Annual gas bill (Propane): $500.00 ($42.00 per Month)
Monthly: Satellite TV/phone/internet: $124
Average water bill: $0

Gallon of Gas $3.50

Wife buys the food and we don't smoke.
HOW??? No air conditioning? You generate your own electricity? You heat with wood?

I'd be VERY INTERESTED to know!

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
HOW??? No air conditioning? You generate your own electricity? You heat with wood?

I'd be VERY INTERESTED to know!

We air condition, but keep it up to 78. We build our house a couple of years ago and wanted a large house that we could afford to live in after we retire, so we put quite a bit of extra money into efficiency. We have two high efficiency heat pumps with gas auxiliary, and thick exterior walls with spray foam insulation. Also the bottom 2,000 sf is a walkout basement mostly underground that uses almost no heat or air.

I love the idea of generating our own electricity. When the time is right I want to have one of the first Solar arrays in this area.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
We air condition, but keep it up to 78. We build our house a couple of years ago and wanted a large house that we could afford to live in after we retire, so we put quite a bit of extra money into efficiency. We have two high efficiency heat pumps with gas auxiliary, and thick exterior walls with spray foam insulation. Also the bottom 2,000 sf is a walkout basement mostly underground that uses almost no heat or air.

I love the idea of generating our own electricity. When the time is right I want to have one of the first Solar arrays in this area.
VERY COOL!! I am amazed (not to mention very impressed) that you can live with that little energy use!

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
Carol3
Ultra Member

We moved from Illinois, but west central. We do find heating and cooling much cheaper, but property taxes can be fairly similar when comparing the two types of taxes you pay in Missouri to Illinois since in Mo you pay a tax on personal property. I have also found that taxes on groceries are much higher than the 1% in Illinois.

We pay between $135 to $200 for electricity with cooling being our biggest expense.
No gas, since we have electric heat.
I think we pay around $40 for our Internet service through Suddenlink.
No land phone or television since we stream anything we want to watch (which is very little) and use our cell phones.
$50 HOA fees includes our water, sewer, and garbage.
Our biggest expense is fuel since I drive to Springfield to work every day (around an hour each way), but fuel runs 10 to 20 cents cheaper here than where I lived in Illinois. I know because I still pay fuel bills back there for our business.
I find groceries a little higher, but probably comparable to what you are already paying. I take advantage of Sam's Club in Springfield and a few other grocery stores in Springfield including HyVee.

Our view off of our deck is priceless and the fact that we can walk down to the lake every day is wonderful. A few blocks for us and the boat goes in the water. Enjoy your move to God's country.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
believeinforeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
I love! my aparment! All brand new buildings! All appliances, wireless, cable, water, trash, pool, & exercise room & carport included in rent.
Lovely, quiet complex.......
All I pay extra, is electric, which, so far, has been unbelieveably low, compared to what I was paying in Iowa.....
What apartment complex is this??
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinforeve View Post
What apartment complex is this??
I think it is this one:

http://www.thewootenco.com/property_...rve-apartments

Closed Thread