Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Waiting for someone to say it's Obama's fault.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post
Waiting for someone to say it's Obama's fault.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
Hoosierdaddy
Future resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
Who is John Galt?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Everybody knows it is Bush's fault! OR, in Arkansas, everything (tornados, earthquakes, etc.,) is blamed on natural gas drilling!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Is his home number in the phone book? Has anyone tried calling him at home or the restaurant to see what is going on? Please let us know...
Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

OK, I called the restaurant and got a recording that they are closed and thanking people for the last three years. So, I guess they don't plan to reopen...
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #23
OkieAnon

Maybe they could get together with the Odee's people and open Odsters or Chesdee's, serve fried pies and make us all happy.

I'll go with location as a setback for them, I don't know how many times we've went up and down 76, and I can't swear to having ever noticed a sign for their place. I'd read about them here on the board and think maybe we should try it, then get there and forget about it.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
Branson Bluesman
Banned

I'm sure the rent on that location wasn't exactly cheap. Some folks were talking earlier about how this Branson season is going to be all rainbows and puppy dogs. Maybe it ain't in the cards.
Look at the rising price of gas and how many are still unemployed. Start watching for a rash of the smaller theaters closing soon. Just keepin it real, y'all.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
I'm sure the rent on that location wasn't exactly cheap. Some folks were talking earlier about how this Branson season is going to be all rainbows and puppy dogs. Maybe it ain't in the cards.
Look at the rising price of gas and how many are still unemployed. Start watching for a rash of the smaller theaters closing soon. Just keepin it real, y'all.
I'm not as optimistic as I was...still hopeful, though. Zach and I were actually discussing Chester's and we feel that the location, along with the economy are what caused them to close. They relied mostly on local business, especially after they moved to the new location. None of the locals we know are able to eat out very much and if we do, it's Taco Bell or Wendy's. It's sad because Chester's is good, but they can't compete with Taco Bell pricing, directly across the street. When you have to choose to either feed yourself or feed your car...

Personally, my husband and I are not going to be eating out at all...not even Taco Bell or Wendy's. We are going to be going to Walmart in Ozark (because their groceries are drastically cheaper) and we will cook dinners on our days off, and freeze them. Those will be our "quick meals"...the things DH eats at night, when I'm at work.

My husband works with restaurant food cost, every day. So, we know WHY the prices are high, but we can't eat out.

~ Lewis Carroll... "Alice in Wonderland"

Last edited by MelanieHamilton; 04-30-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
Mouse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieHamilton View Post
We are going to be going to Walmart in Ozark (because their groceries are drastically cheaper)
Are you saying that the prices at the Ozark Walmart are drastically cheaper than the Walmart in Branson Hills? If so, I didn't know that and maybe it's worth the drive to stock up there.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse2 View Post
Are you saying that the prices at the Ozark Walmart are drastically cheaper than the Walmart in Branson Hills? If so, I didn't know that and maybe it's worth the drive to stock up there.
I'd venture a guess that Branson Walmarts are higher on almost everything. There are 2 dented can food stores in Hollister. I'm a regular customer.

Last edited by Branson Bluesman; 04-30-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #28
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse2 View Post
Yes, everything is higher in Branson. Unfortunately, the locals have to pay the high prices, right along with the tourists.

We had heard they were cheaper in Ozark, so we did our shopping for a camping trip, there. I was AMAZED! We saved probably 30% (maybe more) on the same products we buy at Walmart in Branson. When the checker told me how much it was, I told her we lived in Branson and I could not believe how much cheaper the prices were, in Ozark. I told her we would start driving, there. She told me that EVERY SINGLE DAY, she has at least one person tell her the same thing.

It's a ways to drive there, but it is highway all the way and if you only go once or twice a month, it's well worth it. We buy the majority there, and then pick up small items that we forgot, here in town.

I also heard that the Ozark Walmart is a "test store" and that they get products there, before anywhere else. I didn't ask her, so I don't know if that's true or not. I did seem to find products that weren't in Branson, but it may have just been different stocking procedures.

Last edited by MelanieHamilton; 04-30-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Bluesman View Post
There are 2 dented can food stores in Hollister. I'm a regular customer.
But, you have to be careful. I went to the one by the bridge and I found some canned soup that was organic and soy-free. I started stacking them into my cart and noticed that they were expired (a long time)...so, I put them all back. They were probably okay, but I'm OCD about expiration dates.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Branson Bluesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieHamilton View Post
But, you have to be careful. I went to the one by the bridge and I found some canned soup that was organic and soy-free. I started stacking them into my cart and noticed that they were expired (a long time)...so, I put them all back. They were probably okay, but I'm OCD about expiration dates.
yeah, they have a lot of that strange organic stuff there.

Closed Thread