1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
IslanderGal

Shows for young kids

Hi, we are going to Branson at the end of March and have two small children ages 4 and 5. Does anyone know if any of the shows are for kids? Which ones would you recommend? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

You will have to check which shows will be open then. Hamner-Barber and Presleys are good shows for children.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Bransonoutsider
Former Branson Insider

Bart Rockett Variety Show - Bart Rockett Theater
Comedy Pet Theater - Grand Country Square
Hamner- Barber Show - Hamner- Barber Theater

All good shows for kids and all have excellent prices and I know that both Bart and The Hamners have great family passes that will save you lots of money.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
melissa
soon2bnbranson

The Dixie Stampede is good, however it may seem a little pricey. Depends on your budget, but you do get dinner with the show and they also have a really good pre-show.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I'd suggest Dixie Stampede and Comedy Pet Theater if they are runing when you are there. I know there are those who are always saying Comedy Pet isn't any good, but my god-daughter's 3 girls, ages 2, 4 and 6 at the time loved both! And us adults liked them as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Haygoods....it's fast paced...alot of dancing and jumping stunts...switching instruments.

Presleys....Cecil and Herkimer...are usually hits with the little ones...Cecil's dancing is too funny.

Dixie Stampede....action packed from start to finish...eating with your hands...kids love that.

Hamner and Barber with those pretty parrots.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
OkieAnon

we've taken kids to magic shows and dixie stampede in the past and seemed to do ok.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
loves2fish
Voted #1, Best, Poster !!

Bart Rockett is the real kid pleaser. My grandbabies love this show. Especially the dummy. Then there is surprise show just for kids coming soon to Branson. This will be a must for all infants.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
Prayerlady
Prayerlady

Kirby and the tigers!

Kirby's show I believe is the best show for young kids. He has the best personality towards children and even brings them up on stage to do some tricks with them. The tigers would be loved by all kids and adults! There is a white tiger, an orange bengal, a spotted leopard, a black panther, and a unicorn that is beautiful! Kids of all ages will enjoy this wonderful show and he also includes his testimony to the lord at the end.
Good Luck
Prayer lady
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

My Picks

I would also agree with many on the board. Comedy Pet Theatre and Dixie are great for kids. Most of the magic/variety shows would also keep their attention. Hamner Barber is a personal favorite with the great magic, funny vent puppets and birds flying over the audience.

I have complete reviews with pictures at www.bransoncritic.org or just click on the link below: http://www.bransoncritic.org/heath_h...views_2005.htm Just scroll down until you find the shows you are looking for.

Hope this helps. Let us know what they thought when you get home.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
Countrygirl

When we first came to Branson many many years ago our son was 2 and we took him to Silver Dollar City and also to the Fish Hatchery we also went out to Shepherd of the Hills and he loved seeing the horses. We took him to the rides made for younger kids by the Dutch Kountry Inn on the 76 Strip. Also we went on Ride the Ducks (you board by Walmart) he really liked this being out on the water and it was interesting for us as well. Maybe these suggestions will help you

Have a great trip
Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #12
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

You can take children to see the horses at Dixie Stampede. I'm sure they would enjoy it.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #13
Countrygirl

I forgot about the ones at Dixie, they have many more horses to see, also at Shepherd of the Hills the kids could ride the ponies as well they were lead around in a circle but our daugher did this when she was 3 and she really enjoyed it.

Closed Thread