1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Recipes, Cooking, & More

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,295
What do you bring to eat?

In a condo, resort, hotel or any lodging?
Especially that first night after traveling and before going to a grocery store?

I am going to be stocking up on those Duncan Hines Mug Cake Mixes.
They come 4 mug cakes to a package and all you add is a little liquid, like water, milk, coffee or cola, and they are designed to be microwaved and ready in minutes.

Do you have any easy, minimal ingredients, but good treats to bring on vacation?
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
In a condo, resort, hotel or any lodging?
Especially that first night after traveling and before going to a grocery store?

I am going to be stocking up on those Duncan Hines Mug Cake Mixes.
They come 4 mug cakes to a package and all you add is a little liquid, like water, milk, coffee or cola, and they are designed to be microwaved and ready in minutes.

Do you have any easy, minimal ingredients, but good treats to bring on vacation?
Betty Crocker has those mug cakes, too, called Mug Treats and they have a frosting or a glaze in the box to go on the mug cakes.

Sometimes I bake a pound cake ahead of time. It's good by itself or later with fruit and/or ice cream.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
OkieAnon
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22,308
usually couple days before going we make up some chocolate chip cookies, get some potato chips I guess it's pringles the one in a can that won't be smashed when get there. normally take something to drink as well, 2 ltr cokes and such are a lot cheaper than vending machine drinks.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL
 
SHOW GAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LENEXA, KANSAS AND BRANSON, MISSOURI
Posts: 30,873
Know I am going to eat lunch at Branson Center Stage with my friends as soon as I get to Branson so get by with some red seedless grapes and a Diet Coke on my way.

__________________

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
lucyann
Super Ultra Member
 
lucyann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Central Arkansas
Posts: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Betty Crocker has those mug cakes, too, called Mug Treats and they have a frosting or a glaze in the box to go on the mug cakes.

Sometimes I bake a pound cake ahead of time. It's good by itself or later with fruit and/or ice cream.
We love the Duncan Hines mug cakes.
I saw the Betty Crocker at Big Lots for only $1.50 a box. That was $3 wasted!
I bought the chocolate/peanut butter and another chocolate variety like a lava cake and compared to the Duncan, they were positively disgusting. The peanut butter burned my throat and tasted horrible. I didn't say anything so as not to influence DD when she tried the other variety and she didn't like it either.
lucyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyann View Post
We love the Duncan Hines mug cakes.
I saw the Betty Crocker at Big Lots for only $1.50 a box. That was $3 wasted!
I bought the chocolate/peanut butter and another chocolate variety like a lava cake and compared to the Duncan, they were positively disgusting. The peanut butter burned my throat and tasted horrible. I didn't say anything so as not to influence DD when she tried the other variety and she didn't like it either.
Oh, gosh!
Thanks for letting us know.
I would have bought the Betty Crocker, too.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,019
Sorry for the bad recommendation on the BC Mug Treats. DH had one and liked it but I don't remember which one he had.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #8
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Sorry for the bad recommendation on the BC Mug Treats. DH had one and liked it but I don't remember which one he had.
Betty Crocker products are usually very good.
I love their Cherry Chip Cake Mix.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote


 

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What'd Santa bring you? Crazy4Branson Just for Chit Chat 26 12-28-2011 03:43 PM
Bring a friend momof3dcl Branson Attractions 3 08-08-2011 08:56 AM
Bring-A-Friends missmary Just for Chit Chat 0 11-03-2005 07:21 AM
Bring Out Your Inner Artist! Cheesecake Just for Chit Chat 0 12-13-2003 08:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 AM.


--