1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
I thought that theater was the old Thunderbird Theater. I know it had more than 1 name. I remember going there to see Eddie Cash, a rockabilly guy out of Memphis who had a Branson show for about 5 years, and I thought that is where Clay Cooper first had his theater.

Here are a couple of links that have listings of Branson Theaters over the years:

https://www.bransonshows.com/bransonShowTheaters.cfm
http://bransonvacationandtravel.biz/...anson-missouri
Yes, it had been the Thunderbird Theater at one time.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #17
RevRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Started with an M...I want to say Majestic, maybe? I know that I was in the offices of that theatre a number of times and the moldy/musty smell down there was overwhelming! Set me in to more than one asthma attack!
That was the old "Thunderbird Theater" ... as I remember it. In the late 80's and early 90's, it housed several 1950's-themed shows, including "50's At The Hop" before it moved across the street to the Branson Mall location..... Also had Aaron Patric's Elvis Tribute Show for a season, and for a short time, it was the location of the "American Kids" (a bunch of good entertainers got their start in that show) ...... Thunderbird got it's name from the owners at the time: a husband / wife team who had come to branson to open a show ... "Thunderbirds" was the band's name. Hence, "Thunderbird Theater". That show didn't last long (bless their hearts) ..... At one point, one of the shows there, tried a new concept of a (50's soda-shop design) with tables and chairs in stead of theater seats.... Obviously, it didn't work out very well. I think Clay Cooper was the last tennent before they torn it down. I can't recall who was occupying that theater in the early 1980's though ...
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #18
OkieAnon

I am pretty sure Moe Bandy was there for like one summer
Old 12-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #19
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Kitty Kelly also performed there, for a time.

Closed Thread