1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
amy129

2 Nights for 1 Price - which one?

We are looking for clean, but cheap as we won't be spending much time at the motel. Breakfast and an indoor pool would be a plus, but not that big of a deal.

We will be going to Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, Ride the Ducks, Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery (by the way, where exactly is that?), Kid Kountry, and just basic sight seeing. So we will be all over the place, from one end to the other. Location isn't that big of a deal. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 3 & 5). We would want a non smoking room and would prefer 2 queen beds. I'm not sure if you can be selective on the rooms with the 2 for 1???

Here are the choices for the 2 for 1 deal. Which one do you recommend as we have not stayed at any of them.

PEACH TREE INN
SEVEN GABLES HOTEL
BRANSON VACATION INN
VICTORIAN PALACE
K ROYAL HOTEL
STRATFORD HOUSE INN
JR'S MOTOR INN
MOTEL 6
SUPER 8 (Green Mountain Drive)
VACATION LODGE
QUEEN ANNE II

Thank you
Amy
Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Grangie
Ultra Member

We always stay at Seven Gables. No indoor pool but we just like it there, rooms are nice and clean and the staff is super nice.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Super 8 on Green Mountain Drive is an all non-smoking facility now. Last time I was there, the rooms were clean and well-kept.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
ashbris
Super Ultra Member

We have stayed at:

The Peachtree Inn a few times~no indoor pool~basic continental breakfast and the rooms are okay. When we are not spending a lot of time in the room, and you count in your savings....they will do.

Seven Gables~no indoor pool~breakfast was okay, some hot food, and we have had good experiences and bad. Both places are older and it is a 50-50 shot on how clean they will be......

Motel 6~never stayed at this one but my aunt and uncle ALWAYS stay there. They really like it for the price.

K Royal is next to Cracker Barrel. I have never stayed there but it always looks clean on the outside.

***You can choose your rooms if available on the 2 for 1. Also, my favorite motels are Bransons Best or Whispering Hills. They are very clean, centrally located and very up to date. They both have outdoor pools. They have a very good breakfast and then cobbler, cookies and ice cream from 9~11 pm. I just booked Branson's Best for next weekend using their $49.95 coupon. If you can get that rate...to me it is worth the difference in price. If they won't take the coupon~I usually use one of the 2 for1's.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
christnme
bound4branson

the fish hatchery is on fall creek road on left hand side before you get to the dam. Fall Creek Rd is near the stone hill winery. Danna's resturant is also on this road, right hand side has a pig statue outside of it, awesome local place to eat w/unique food (garbage burger is DH fav. BBQ Nachoe's DD fav. Catfish Sandwhich my fav.) Also on this road is an inside glow in the dark mini golf place. Have not stayed at any of the hotels on 2for1, but have stayed at Savannah house a sister hotel to Branson Best/Whispering Hills, paid $54.00 per night (with a coupon), well worth it b/c did not to go out to buy breakfast due to theirs having lots to choose from. Have a great time in Branson!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
GreenMtnBranson

stay with us

Good morning,
Come stay at Green Mountain Inn. We have an outdoor pool that never closes, a great breakfast (waffles, oatmeal, cereal, toast, fruit, doughnuts, milk, juice, and coffee). Great location.
High speed internet free in all rooms. In-room coffee, and lots of hospitality.
Have not heard of the 2 for 1 deal. Where did you find that? And what is the price? I would sure try to match that if I know what it is.
Or try the Country Bunkhouse if you don't need a pool, internet, or breakfast. Just nice clean rooms with no frills, at a VERY reasonable price.
The fish hatchery is something I recommend to all with kids. It is free and fun. Not something to do every time you come to Branson, but fun. Just a few miles from Green Mountain Inn.
Give me a call when you can.
Thanks, Sandy 417-336-6700 or 800-337-0925

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy129 View Post
We are looking for clean, but cheap as we won't be spending much time at the motel. Breakfast and an indoor pool would be a plus, but not that big of a deal.

We will be going to Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, Ride the Ducks, Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery (by the way, where exactly is that?), Kid Kountry, and just basic sight seeing. So we will be all over the place, from one end to the other. Location isn't that big of a deal. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 3 & 5). We would want a non smoking room and would prefer 2 queen beds. I'm not sure if you can be selective on the rooms with the 2 for 1???

Here are the choices for the 2 for 1 deal. Which one do you recommend as we have not stayed at any of them.

PEACH TREE INN
SEVEN GABLES HOTEL
BRANSON VACATION INN
VICTORIAN PALACE
K ROYAL HOTEL
STRATFORD HOUSE INN
JR'S MOTOR INN
MOTEL 6
SUPER 8 (Green Mountain Drive)
VACATION LODGE
QUEEN ANNE II

Thank you
Amy
Old 08-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
wccardinal

The Branson 2 for 1 offers hotel rooms like they do the shows.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
amy129

Thank you all for taking the time to give us some ideas on those motels. We just don't know much about the motels down there and you never know what you may find.

I called the 2for1 ( http://www.branson2for1tickets.com/HOTELS.html ) and we had found the Peach Tree Inn for $70 for both nights. We have so much we are planning that we don't need a lot of amenitities, just a clean and safe place to sleep.

Sandy, I will give you a call!! Thank you for the offer!

Last edited by amy129; 08-17-2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Added website in case anyone else would like to see it.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
gramz99

hotels 2 for price of 1

Just wondering how does the hotels work on the 2 for 1. Do you pay the 2 for 1, and then get a voucher. We are planning our trip.
Thank you
Old 08-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
amy129

I called them to ask all the details and they told me the prices for the various hotels, such as Peach Tree Inn is $70 for 2 nights; K Royal is $70 for 2 nights; Super 8 is $80 for 2 nights; etc. I called the motels to see if this was accepted and they said yes. Now, I didn't actually book the room, so I don't know if there would have been any hidden charges. 2for1 did tell me that they charge 5% unless you pay cash, then there are no extra fees.

But they told me that they actually book the room and we get vouchers from them to take to the motel.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually used them.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #11
gramz99

Thank You for your quick reply. I would also like to hear from someone who has used Branson 2 for 1.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
lovinwaves

I am looking for a room for two nights as well http://www.1branson.com/forum/t37994.html , so I have been following this thread.

I called the 2 for 1 and they said the only hotel that has an indoor pool is the Grand Royale. I then called the hotel to ask about their breakfast. Looks like they have waffles, juice, bagels, and few other things.

The lady at 2 for 1 said we could run by and check out the hotel, then proceed to their business about 2 blocks down the road to pick up the tickets. Grand Royale is 2 for $80 (assuming you pay cash). There is no sales tax! So $80 that's it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
ashbris
Super Ultra Member

We have used them several times. You call 2 for 1, they call the hotel and make the reservations while you are on hold. They take your credit card number in case you don't show up. When you get in town, you stop at 2 for 1 and pay them cash, they give you a voucher. When you check in at the motel, you just give them the vouchers and check in. There is no money exchange with the hotel only with 2 for 1. It is on the up and up and we have never had any problems with them. I always steer people their way for tickets also. Good luck!

**The only problem I could see with Grand Royale (I have not been inside) but is the location is right off of 65 so when you are going somewhere on the strip, it is a lot of traffic to get through. The other ones are more centrally located.

Last edited by ashbris; 08-17-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
maryinecho
momof2

We stayed at Seven Gables Inn the first week of July. We stayed in the back building. It was older but very clean. We had a micro/fridge in our room. The staff is the friendlist in Branson. And its walking distance to the strip.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #15
amy129

I left the Grand Royale off the list when I originally posted this as it was one we had stayed at before. It was back when it was the Holiday Inn Express. While the rooms were nice, the traffic and congestion were not good. It's just a really bad location if you plan to come and go a lot. That was a long time ago, so maybe things have changed but it was just one we weren't interested in even though it does have the indoor pool.

Closed Thread