1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

National Enquirer Museum

Has this opened yet?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
Has this opened yet?
They are changing the name to Beyond The Lens (www.beyondthelens.com). Apparently someone finally figured out the branding for National Enquirer is not exactly synonymous with family friendly entertainment. They are promoting an opening later this month.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
They are changing the name to Beyond The Lens (www.beyondthelens.com). Apparently someone finally figured out the branding for National Enquirer is not exactly synonymous with family friendly entertainment. They are promoting an opening later this month.

DUH!!!???? LOL, only took about a year to figure that one out!!!

Now if they would change the Gawdy Exterior with all those oversized signs
Old 07-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well, hmm...The exterior walls are already covered with Inquring Minds, etc...So, I guess, whatever. But, from looking at the “Exhibits” info on the website,,,doesn’t look like something too many people would do the first time, and even less so the second. I mean, there is really not much to DO...imo. But as with the majority of business’s in Branson, I hope it will succeed, somehow. K
Old 07-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well, hmm...The exterior walls are already covered with Inquring Minds, etc...So, I guess, whatever. But, from looking at the “Exhibits” info on the website,,,doesn’t look like something too many people would do the first time, and even less so the second. I mean, there is really not much to DO...imo. But as with the majority of business’s in Branson, I hope it will succeed, somehow. K
You obviously didn't see the link on the other threst. With a much better description, and some videos.
From that one it looks very intetesting, entertaining, informative, and a must see.
Hate to see them capitulate on the name though. Censorship over common sense once more in Branson.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Ok, thanks, i will check THAT other link out. Yes, censoring is alive and well...
Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Ok, thanks, i will check THAT other link out. Yes, censoring is alive and well...
What is interesting is they are also changing the name of the Pigeon Forge location, and from what everyone indicated that sign was already up and they have been open for a while. They must’ve really received some negative feedback to spend the money to redo that. If you look on the website link I posted it’s all done in cartoon form, you don’t see any real photos of the outside of the building.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #8
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Censorship vs boycotting vs common sense marketing. Most choose where to spend their hard earn cash.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
They must’ve really received some negative feedback to spend the money to redo that. I.
Perhaps the National Enquirer pulled the plug on them over some unknown sin or disagreement.

The greener grass across the fence could be due to a septic issue.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

If this link works for you, it goes a long way towards explaining why a name change might be in order for the sake of profits.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...sy/1289170001/

The greener grass across the fence could be due to a septic issue.

Closed Thread