1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #1
lfaivre

Question from a 1st time visitor

I just found this board and am very glad that I did. We are planning to visit Branson next week on our way back from my brothers wedding. I've read a lot of great reviews about Branson's Best and am ready to make reservations there. I found a coupon at roomsaver.com for a room for $44.95/night or a package deal at $149.95 for 2 nights and 4 show tickets (2 shows for 2 people), but the shows that they are offering are not any that we particularly wanted to see. So, I am thinking that I would probably be better off just getting the room and then getting show reservations separately.

How do most of you get your tickets to the shows you want to go to? Do you have the hotel take care of it? Do you book them on the internet? Is there a ticket outlet (or something on that order) that you go to? Do I have to stand in lines to get these tickets or can I order them and then pick them up at the time we want to see the show? Please tell me what the easiest way to accomplish this is. I don't want to stand in lines all day and not be able to enjoy my vacation, but I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg just to have someone else do what I could have taken care of. What do hotels and reservation services charge for this service?

Thanks for any info.

Linda
Old 05-25-2003, 06:35 AM   #2
engel
Super Ultra Member

In my opinion, it's better to call the theaters direct. That way, you can ask for center section seats (or wherever you want) and get them, if they're available. You can find coupons for several of them in the hotel lobby. Do a search on this forum for ticket prices and/or tele. numbers. Most have toll-free numbers. Good luck & have fun! MOST will reserve tickets with a credit card number & you just pick them up when you get there. Usually must be picked up 2 hrs. prior to a show, but they are very nice about holding them if you cannot pick them up that early. We usually go around & pick our tickets up for each show when we arrive in town. There are exceptions? Grand Palace charges the tickets to your card immediately, whereas other shows don't charge the card till you pick up your tickets. There are theaters with "will call" windows, where you can pick up reserved tickets with little or no waiting.

Last edited by engel; 05-25-2003 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:16 AM   #3
scissortail
~*~*~*~*~*~

Most of the shows I've been to, if I've called ahead for my reservations, will hold your tickets till show time.

Shoji, as an example, will give you till 2 hours before the show to cancel. But you can still wait till show time to pick up your tickets.
If you can't make the show, and you don't cancel before the 2 hours before, your credit card will be charged anyway.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:41 AM   #4
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Most all the board members would suggest that you call ahead. If you need any phone numbers, just ask.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:59 AM   #5
Bransonfan
Super Ultra Member

BEFORE YOU CALL AND BOOK

Log onto Branson Best Read Guide, on the left. click on Coupons Shows. There maybe a coupon for a show you want to see. You can print these coupons or pick up a copy of the Best Read Guide free in your motel lobby.
http://www.bestreadguide.com/branson/
Old 05-25-2003, 01:51 PM   #6
Avonlady

Jim Stafford also charges your credit card when you make your reservation.No matter when they are for.Refunds very hard to get months later.Friends had this happen when the booked 3 months in advance.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:32 PM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

lfaivre, which shows are you interested in seeing? If you post the shows here, we will post the toll-free phone numbers and the websites for them.

Suselit
Old 05-26-2003, 07:28 AM   #8
Reuben_in_Josep

Broadway's "Joseph..."

As long as you are coming to town, I hope you will come see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" at the Mansion America Theater. We have a great broadway show. You can go through "BIG TIME TICKETS" by Marriot for a discounted ticket rate!!

See ya soon!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #9
OkieAnon

made some show reservations this morning ..

the grand palace charged my credit card and said there would be a "small cancelation fee"

roy clark/doug gabriel just asked for a card number to hold the tickets

i'd go ahead and be getting my reservations if I was you, roy's show was already seating people on row 15 for the center and row 8 on the sides..... and that was for mid-august.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:24 PM   #10
engel
Super Ultra Member

Where do I find Big Time Tickets? Is it a website?
Old 05-27-2003, 09:51 AM   #11
Reuben_in_Josep

Big Time Tickets

BIG TIME TICKETS is an outlet on the strip located at the corner of Highway 76 and 165. Their phone # is (417) 332-0473
Old 05-27-2003, 11:46 AM   #12
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

Could any one explain how a ticket agency as Big Time Tickets could get us a ticket discount? Ticket agencies usually charge more. I would hate to fall into any trap they set.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:03 PM   #13
OkieAnon

was wondering the same thing, last time I checked most of the tickets cost 2-3.00 more through a ticket agency. plus, calling the theater directly lets you request seating that you want.. center section.. distance from the stage ect.. pay 25.00-35.00 I get picky about where I set.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #14
Reuben_in_Josep

Different than Most

Ticket agencies in Branson work pretty much the OPPOSITE of traditional ticket agencies. Since BIG TIME TICKETS helps to market the shows, they get a bulk discount from the theaters which they pass along to the consumers. Plus if you call them now, they are offering a $5.00 off coupon off the already discounted ticket price. (Call for details - I heard about this on a radio ad) As far as I know, they have a full selection of the theater seats.

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:36 PM   #15
bransoninsider
Ultra Member

Thumbs up Remember....

according to my moles on the ground in Branson....

ALWAYS, ALWAYS pay for tickets for ANY show with credit card so that you can get a refund if the show closes early.

the insider

Closed Thread