1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
bransonfavfan

Visitor Guide

I am making my first trip to the Branson area and I have had friends suggest some places and restaurants. Please let me know what youthink before I make my reservations. I am plannig on coming the first week of March. It will be 2 in mid 30's, 2 children, and 2 in thier 60's in our party.

Thank you for your help!

Place to stay: Radisson or Grand Country Inn
Place to eat: Charlie's, IHOP, Little Hacienda
Shows to see: Dixie Stampede, Grand Jubilee, Acrobats of China
Attractions to visit: Ripley's, Hollywood Wax Museum
Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
jakwi
Super Ultra Member

There are better shows than Branson Jubilee for your group. Presley's, Baldknobbers, and Hamner-Barber to name a few. Check theaters for family pricing. Hamner-Barber has excellent prices for children. I'm not certain if all of the shows will be in full production at that time.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonfavfan View Post
I am making my first trip to the Branson area and I have had friends suggest some places and restaurants. Please let me know what youthink before I make my reservations. I am plannig on coming the first week of March. It will be 2 in mid 30's, 2 children, and 2 in thier 60's in our party.

Thank you for your help!

stay: Radisson and Grand Country are 2 totally different places, Radisson indoor hallways, small pool half indoor half outdoors. Grand Country, exterior entry, indoor pool, plus an indoor water park. stayed at both, if you want to swim go with Grand Country, if you want a nicer room go with Radisson. There's others i'd choose over either of those though, Comfort Inns, Palace Inn, Hampton....

Eat: haven't tried any of those, can't help

Shows: Seen Dixie and like it. it's different appeals to some, others don't care for it. big meal eat it with your fingers, trick riding and races, cometition....

Attractions; haven't been to the Wax Museum, can't remember anybody getting overly excited over it either. Ripley's isn't bad, allow around an hour to tour it.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

I'd recommend the Butterfly Palace before Ripley's or the wax museum. What about SDC? Shopping?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
bransonfavfan

Visitor guide

Thank you for such quick replies to my thread.

Is Silver Dollar City a family attraction that is worth the money? Someone mentioned a Celebration City. Is it better than SDC?

We thought about a little shopping, but we had rather do other things in Branson. We are not a family of shoppers.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
flyaway

I am in my early 50s and not a huge country fan but did love Clay Cooper and if you read my review of SIX you know they are my new favorite group! I think you younguns would enjoy them and your parents as well. I know my kids in their 20s would LOVE SIX - can't wait to return with them to take them to see these wonderful young men.

We stayed at the Radisson Inn Thanksgiving night - so were there only one night before we moved elsewhere for the end of our stay. It was nice enough -- clean for sure -- tiny bathroom so not sure how many you are having in your room - we had 2 double (not queen!) beds - I was with my parents in the same room. I would rank this hotel as a "holiday inn" type hotel - if that helps any. It is not as nice as a Hilton, which is what I expected.

Personally I always prefer Hampton Inn (but am not sure if the ones in Branson have the newer comfy beds and comforters) with the hot breakfast.

Sorry, not familiar with anything else on your list - I posted a review today of our trip - it might have a few helpful tidbits in it for you.

Last edited by flyaway; 11-27-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
lucyann
Super Ultra Member

The name may be Radisson and a person automatically thinks it will be super nice. However, I've checked out the rates and beds. No queens!! Only double and King. If it were just DH and I a king would be okay but with children I'm not sleeping on a full size bed.

The shopping is outlet shopping http://www.tangeroutlet.com/centers/...tml?center=BSN

and nice store shopping http://www.bransonlanding.com/

Silver Dollar City http://www.silverdollarcity.com/
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Presley's and Hamner Barber are very good shows. I do like the Grand Jubilee too. Haven't stayed in either place you mentioned. The Comfort Inn is a nice place. I don't know what all shows will be open during the time you are planning to be in Branson, so you may want to check into that. We saw the Acrobats of China this summer and were very impressed with their talent.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Acrobats are very good. You might also want to consider one of the magic shows, assuming they are open. Of course if you've got any Beatles or Elvis fans in the group you are in luck!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:24 AM   #10
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I vote for the Grand Jubilee - best show in Branson.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #11
fordarama
Clinging to freedom

Celebration city won't be open then.....Silver dollar is always worth the money..It is a awesome park, But I think it has some days at that time of year that it's not open..First week in march , some shows might not be up and running at that time...You want to check out their schedules to make sure...There are some really good place to stay in branson...Like the above poster said there is a big difference in the two places......Grand country is great for kids, But it is not fancy or anything..But the indoor waterpark is a good bonus... Make sure to check out mels hard luck diner while your there, it is a 50's style diner that the wait staff sing to you while they serve you.
They are locted in the grand village shopping center on the 76 strip...
If you choose a hotel like whispering hills, branson best, savannah house , you get a breakfast, And ice cream and cobler in the evenings (9:30-11:30)
with all three hotels..It can save a dollar.....And being march, the season has not kicked in yet and you sometimes ask for a discount, and get a good deal... And the weather can be trickey then as well, two years ago we went in march for our anniversary and it was on easter and the town was dead, and it was cold...Last year it was warm , and we were in a couple of tornado warnings, It hailed on us two days in a row....So you can never tell about the weather then....
Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #12
BobC
Super Ultra Member

Grand Jubilee is a great show and they will be open when you are here (They start their season in January). Before the show you could eat right there at the Grand Country Buffet. If you're familiar with Golden Corral, it's a tad better IMHO.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

As far as places to eat, if you're looking for Mexican food, I would suggest Elanita's or El Portal over Little Hacienda. Or the new Cantina Laredo at Branson Landing. I was there a couple of weeks ago with a friend who knows good salsa and Mexican because of where she lives, and she was VERY impressed with Cantina Laredo.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #14
BeagleDad
Ultra Member

You might want to consider staying in a condo. You can get a nice place for about the same price as 2 motel rooms. You can then cook a few of your own meals if you want to save a few dollars. You would have a lot more room to 'spread out'.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #15
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonfavfan View Post

Thank you for your help!

When are you going to Branson?
Here's some more for you to pick from besides the Presleys and Baldknobbers. I prefer Presleys over the Baldknobbers.

The Duttons
Kirby Van Burch
Mickey Gilley
Tony Roi
Haygoods

Places to eat:
Danna's BBQ
Gilleys Tex-Mex
The Mex place across from the Presleys, I can never remember the name of it. I just know where it's at.
Olive Garden
Red Lobster
Cracker Barrel
Hardluck Diner
Fudruckers

Have a great trip. Report back and let us know about your trip.
Be sure and check out Bransons 2 for 1 ticket outlet.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/

Closed Thread