1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
DLittle

Question 1st time visitor to Branson with QUESTIONS

My husband and I will be flying in to Springfield from Waco, TX for our 20th anniversary. (We will be staying 4 nights and 5 days.) I know NOTHING about Branson, except what I'm reading here. Do we need to rent a car or is there transportation for hire from the airport?

Are there centrally located hotels and what are the best ones with the best rates????

Thanks so much for the advice!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
HappyPappe
Hooked on Branson!!!

I personally would rent a car in Springfield and drive to Branson. I am sure you can get Taxi service, but they probably would charge you out the wazoo. And plus, when you get into Branson you may want to drive around. There is a lot of things in walking distance but many things out of distance too. Would you want to be without a car for 5 days on vacation? I personally would not.

Good luck...
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
jrnew
Tyler James is HERE!

If you go to the Branson Lodging Catagory, you will find plenty of information!

There are plenty of very nice motels and hotels at very good prices. Just surf around on the site and you will be VERY pleased with all the useful information!

Also once you get some things narrowed down, asking questions is great as there are so many nice folks to help you with answers on here.

Best wishes: Jamie
Old 07-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #4
LadyDrifter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I agree. You will definitely want a rental car. There is so much to see and do in Branson, and it is entirely too far apart to walk to all of it.

Branson has a main "Strip". There are several nice places to stay up and down this area. There are also side roads off of the strip that are easily accessible with several nice places to choose from. What type of price range do you have in mind? Are there certain things you definitely want with your motel? Pool, breakfast, etc.? If you can tell us more what you are looking for... I can guarantee the helpful people here can help steer you in the right direction.

Are there any particular shows you are interested in seeing? This also may help determine where on the strip you would like to stay.

By the way... have a great 20th Anniversary! And welcome to the board.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Welcome to the board. I hope you love Branson, our family sure does. I agree, you will need a car. You will pick up many tips if you just read this board. Here are some of my favorite websites, http://www.bransonsavings.com,www.br...dguide.com,and www.sunnydayguide.com. Most hotels and resorts or condos have their own websites too. Anyone on this board would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Last edited by KJN; 07-20-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #6
KJN
Super Ultra Member

I was trying to be helpful and one website I wrote didn't even show up on the above post and one didn't show up correctly even though I double checked it on the edit feature. The incorrect one should be www.bestreadguide.com and the one that didn't show up is www.bransonmom.com. Sorry for the mixup.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
Countrygirl

Another good web site is www.explorebranson.com or for coupons on select lodging go to www.interstatetravelbuddy.com

Have a great trip
Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
DLittle

It looks like Branson Best is one of the most popular and reasonable motels. I don't want to pay more that $100 - $125 a night. The free breakfast is a money saver, but I would like our accommodations to have a lounge on site for a "nightcap". My husband loves comedy so that's what we're looking for.

Thanks for all ya'lls (remember I'm TEXAN) advice. I've been on this site for most of the day and have really learned alot - thanks to all my new friends!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #9
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Branson's Best does not have a lounge so it wouldn't work for you. Guess I've never stayed where there was one in Branson so others may be more helpful to you, but for a good show that will make you laugh I would suggest The Paul Harris Show. We think he's really funny.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #10
LadyDrifter
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sounds like this might be more what you are looking for. It would be more expensive than say, Branson's Best, but they do have a place for 'nightcaps' according to their website. I am sure there are other places, but this is the first one that came to mind. http://www.radisson-hotel-branson.com/

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #11
ggh
Super User

Welcome!

I think there is transportation for hire from the airport to Branson (about a 35 minute drive) but I encourage you to rent a car. Driving in Springfield/Branson is a breeze in comparison to driving in the Austin or Dallas traffic. There are several companies who you can rent from at the airport. Branson is spralled out enough that even someone who is use to walking/running on a regular basis would be crazy to expect to get everywhere they want to go on foot - and IMO, some of the prettiest sight seeing sites are off the beaten path.

Chateau on the Lake would be a great place to stay for an anniversery celebration, they have a lounge, and a great view, but it is off the beaten path.

Have a nice time in Branson!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #12
okfarmerswife

If you want something upscale, romantic and off the beaten path, you might be able to find a decent rate at Chateau on the Lake by using Orbitz, Travelocity, etc....
http://www.chateauonthelakebranson.com/
It is a lovely hotel...one of the best I've seen.
You would not be disappointed either if you stayed at The Bradford Inn. It too is off the beaten path and yet only minutes away from the Strip. There website is
http://www.bradfordinn.nu/ Each room is very private and tastefully and individually decorated. There is not a lounge on site but again, you're not far from others. Each morning a wonderful homemade breakfast made to order is offered in the main house. This is our favorite place to stay and cost is very reasonable $59-89(if I remember correctly) per night depending on the room. When it's just DH and me for a few days, this is where we'll be.
This past week we enjoyed a condo at Fairfield Meadows arranged by Allen the Condo Miracle Man since we had 3 kids with us. It was very nice with 2 BR, full kitchen and washer/dryer.
Yes you will need a car in Branson. Things are pretty spread out and very hilly for a lot of walking.
Jarrett Dougherty the comedian with Pierce Arrow Show is hilarious. PA remains one of our favorite shows in Branson. Paul Harris has his own show and used to be with PA. He is very funny but we have not seen him since he went on his own. You will get lots of advice from others.
Be sure and check out the entertainment Branson bargains available on Missouribargains.com and bigriverbargains.com.
Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

I agree with the suggestions of Paul Harris and the comedian at Pierce Arrow. I would add Joey Riley; he's with Mickey Gilley at night, and he has his own afternoon show at the Branson Mall.

Closed Thread