1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 05-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Arrow Some Shows to Open ( Branson Tri lakes News)

According to owner and Producer Chris Newsom, the Americana Theatre will resume “most” of their shows beginning May 16. Newsom said “Raiding the Country Vault” will open first, followed by returning shows “The Blackwoods,” “Dolly & Friends A Tribute,” and the new show “Rock ‘N’ Roll Royalty.”

“We are following the CDC and Branson Guidelines for re-opening in a safe and secure way,” Newsom said. “We are implementing social distancing in our seating, masks, disinfecting the seats between each performance, as well as a host of other ways to keep everyone safe during this difficult time.

“We’re raring to go, and we’re excited about opening up with safety, wisdom and limitations.”

Newsom also added the cast members of the shows won’t be doing meet-and-greets after the shows.

“Branson is known for doing meet-and-greets, and we love doing meet-and-greets,” he said. “But we also love the people who come see us, as well as our employees and cast members too much to put them all at an even greater risk. I think we’ll all be doing away with meet-and-greets for a while.”

Visit americanatheatrebranson.com, or call 417-544-8700 for any questions or additional information.

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Not sure how he can be following Branson guidelines when those haven’t even been set at this point. That happens in a meeting at noon on Monday.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Not sure how he can be following Branson guidelines when those haven’t even been set at this point. That happens in a meeting at noon on Monday.
Or, as most things it seems that the Branson board are involver in, the following Monday, or the Monday after that.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Or, as most things it seems that the Branson board are involver in, the following Monday, or the Monday after that.
Well, the meeting DID happen today. And MOST everything is able to re-open immediately, keeping social distancing and cleaning guidelines in mind and practice. Exception is theatres. They have to work with the State for guidance, the way I understand it. But I don’t expect that to take long.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #5
cornonthecob

This is all wonderful news. Great entertainment is a medicine everyone needs in the world right now.
cornonthecob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #6
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornonthecob View Post
This is all wonderful news. Great entertainment is a medicine everyone needs in the world right now.

I'll rely on what's on the end of my remote control for the near future.

Coach Man
Old 05-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I dunno...IMO, we have seen on CNN and MSNBC, over the last two months, more slight of hand, disappearing objects (the facts) and hocus-pocus than Rick Thomas could ever conjure up, and more back flips and contortions than the Amazing Acrobats of Shanghai would ever be capable of performing. And we didnt even have to buy a ticket...its been free front center row seats 24/7 for each of us.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:41 AM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
I dunno...IMO, we have seen on CNN and MSNBC, .
What the heck are they??

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:24 AM   #9
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
I'll rely on what's on the end of my remote control for the near future.

Coach Man
I agree.
Oh and BTW...I just heard Snapp's Funeral Home in Branson hired some extra help...just sayin.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:20 AM   #10
OkieAnon

things will probably change but for the heck of it I looked at a couple of show schedules and web sites to see what changes there might be and Sight and Sound (Noah) shows right now the first scheduled show to be July 21st, the Presley's are showing late May.

I would imagine, just guessing but there will be rows and seats blocked out to scatter people out so this will probably be a good year to book seats ahead of time if you don't want to be on the back row... then again maybe the back row wouldn't be so bad this year, everyone in front of you.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #11
OkieAnon

Facebook post from Shepherd of the Hills, opening night May 23rd, seating will be spread out for social distancing and no interaction with the cast. This might not be a bad show to see this year, out doors, spread out seating and I think like SDC they are celebrating their 60 anniversary

the no interaction with cast thing is something probably be seeing a lot more of this year.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #12
OkieAnon

https://www.facebook.com/bransonshow...type=3&theater

link is a list of openings thru May 22nd
Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #13
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
https://www.facebook.com/bransonshow...type=3&theater

link is a list of openings thru May 22nd
In looking at the shows listed they should have no trouble keeping a minimum of 40 feet between each spectator.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #14
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Yea..well, you may be right concerning several of them! But, I am happy to see the Landing is opening up tomorrow. Also a new attraction down there called the "Shipwrecked Treasure Museum". I know nothing about this, but the website says it's a 2 story attraction, and located across from Paula Dean's. Could be an interesting thing, to those who enjoy both history and adventure.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #15
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Parrotville opens June 3.