1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 04-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Haygoods Must See!!!

Last night's live stream was the best so far. A great new song written by Dominic in a beautiful video. Some fun with the 'Goods, Cat's birthday surprise (WARNING~Tears will flow!), and some good old Rock N Roll to end a fantastic Saturday night live stream.
Even if you're not a Haygoods fan, this is a must see!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgt3wo62w4
Old 04-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Last night's live stream was the best so far. A great new song written by Dominic in a beautiful video. Some fun with the 'Goods, Cat's birthday surprise (WARNING~Tears will flow!), and some good old Rock N Roll to end a fantastic Saturday night live stream.

Yes it was, and yes it is... great show.!
Old 04-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Yes I agree it was best so far but all have been good to watch
lsheagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
DoubleT
Ultra Member

Quote:

I totally agree.
Best one yet, even if we didn’t get the tap preview I thought was happening.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

OK, so now all we need to complete the Haygood “experience” is people to start posting videos of themselves....teeny bopper girls screaming MICHAEL at the top of their voices....gramps and granny with fingers in their ears, scowling...a couple 8 or 9 year olds clutching a Haygood Hug-a-Bear...maybe a family throwing a big beach ball around the living room....yea, that should complete the virtual show just right.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
lsheagney
Ultra Member

Well Mr leftsaidted...I am one of those "grannies" you mentioned, although I hate that word to describe me. I would not be one of those who are "holding their ears." Been to this show many times and it has not been my experience that anyone dislikes it. The Haygoods appeal to most age groups in my opinion. A very good show and a great caring family.
lsheagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Isheagney, you are 100% right! There are a lot more of us old rockers that enjoy the great upbeat, and modern sound of the Haygoods than the HeHaw wannabe dinosaurs want to admit.
And yes, my 9 year old granddaughter has a Haygood hug bear that Patric gave her at the Christmas road show they did in Arnold Mo.this past Christmas season. In fact, she has two. Another one fom her first Haygoods show about 5 or 6 years ago.
Now, the beach balls. That sounds like fun!!!
Old 04-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

And I also have been to the show many times...I would wager more often than 95% of the people on this board...and I cannot count how many times I have witnessed "seasoned"citizens complaining during intermission about how "loud" the show was. Me? I have never thought it loud ENOUGH. As an aside, when I attend a show, I not only watch the performers on stage, I watch "performers" in the audience...so when I say "gramps and granny with fingers in ears and scowling", well, there ARE some in every show. Now maybe it's because they put new batteries in their hearing aid(s) just before getting out of their car/off the tour bus before entering the theater, or they are just turned up too high...but it DOES happen...and to me I am bemused by it...wondering if perhaps someday I will be one of THEM! The screaming early teen girls, Hug-a-Bears, beach ball toss. It is ALL a part in what makes their show so much fun, year after year! So all I was suggesting, tongue in cheek, was since we are watching a "virtual reality" Haygood show, let's have some people do the same with themselves, to add to the experience...

Last edited by leftsaidted; 04-20-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #9
justgohogs

The Haygoods Show is outstanding! incredibly talented family and even better people. I particularly like that they're not shamed to pray to close their videos and that they're continuing to pay their staff. And, for the record, I'm less than 2 months from my 70th birthday. While I understand not caring for the 'Granny' title, my maternal grandmother was my Granny. These days there aren't many that can measure up to that.
justgohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #10
DoubleT
Ultra Member

I’m also one of those ‘grannies’ , but I can guarantee you , I’m not complaining about how loud it is.
Go to YouTube and find the Haygoods doing Burning Love by Elvis. I think they are performing at the Branson Tourism Center. Watch the people, particularly the lady on the left side of the screen she is wearing a pink shirt. How can she not react? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched that video not only for the music, but watching how the spectators react.

"Don't forget the little moments, their the ones that mean the most"
The Shoebox- Chris Young from the album The Man I Want To Be
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I do agree that there are "thise" people that complain about the sound level at the Haygoods show. I wonder if the same people would also complain at Clay Cooper's show. To me the sound level is about the same. Is it really the sound level, or the music itself that they are complaining about.
My sound level limit? Haven't found it, but 10 feet from the speakers at the Old Rock House in St.Louis when Walter Trout or Anthony Gomes are playing is getting pretty close!
Old 04-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #12
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I think they are just unfamiliar with the show, never seen it. Maybe first time to Branson, maybe came here long time ago, saw Boxcar Willie, Sons of the Pioneers, Presleys, Baldknobbers, etc, back in the "Glory Days" of Branson country music. Just like good old country music, George Jones/Conway Twitty style. So...they buy a ticket, turn up the old heating aid, sit down...and here comes some crazy young guitar player laying down some hot and heavy licks, hanging UPSIDE DOWN, over their heads. And its non stop from that point on...smoke, lasers, bunch of youngsters up in the stage, jumping around, jamming out some hot and heavy NON traditional country music. So yeah, I can understand their being almost in a state of shock and bewilderment, sputtering under their breath...not wanting to have just thrown 50-70 bucks away, but at the same time wanting to get OUT of the theatre, and into their car...I would feel the same if I paid my money and the unknown to me band played any of this new country/rock amalgamation...its just noise to me, and obnoxious noise at that! I mean, I'd be like Bob Seger "in ten minutes I'd be late for the door" or Lynyrd Skynyrd "gimme three steps mister and you'll never see me no more"!
Old 04-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #13
TimHaygood

Howdy!

It's interesting reading everyone's perspective. I appreciate all of you. Here it is from my perspective. We have hundreds of Busses of Senior Citizens that come to the show every year. Probably half the ticket buyers in a year are also Seniors. We read the surveys from every bus and they say the same things every time. "We loved it because it wasn't boring." Folks, everything has changed dramatically, particularly in the last 8 years and for some reason, most in Branson do not understand this. The audiences that built Branson are gone and folks who were teenagers in the 60's and 70's are what is driving everything now. The biggest applause we get is "Carry on Wayward Son", a song released in the mid 1970's. I also see guys wearing Vietnam War hats who came in on busses making the Rock N Roll sign as soon as we start the song. Do a very, very few, (almost non existent now), come to the show expecting to see a traditional Branson show? Not really anymore, but yes every now and then it happens. Do they end up bringing the Grandkids in the Summer because they feel it is something that will appeal to them? Yes, they sure do. Over and over. We've never been a traditional Branson show and we've never fit that mold and we never will. I remember folks at SDC back in 1994 saying we should be thrown out of the park because we played a 50's song in our show. It was the first time anything other than Country or Bluegrass had ever been played on the park and yet we went on to be one of the most successful shows in the parks History. Our show never really started getting very large crowds on the strip until about 10 years ago when a huge generational change occurred. All I know is it's full every night, (until this virus hit of course), and it works because it is NOT what everything else is. We plan to continue adding even more special effects and continuing to modernize as much as we can get away with while still pleasing a Branson crowd. The box office is the judge, and she has ruled favorably on our efforts. The kids these days are a dramatically different generation which most folks just don't understand. Attention spans last 30 seconds and they have a totally different mindset. Take a look at the other success stories. #1 Hits of the 60's is perfectly positioned for the new crowds coming here and they have worked quite hard to break the mold of what a "Branson" show is. They are doing 70's now as well which is really, really smart. They are quite successful because they understand the new reality of Branson and positioned themselves to take advantage of it. Clay Cooper is the same way. His show is rebuilt every year to stay current and he is very successful because of it. Tina and Clay make sure it is cross generational and do quite well. Tina and Clay also have shows in the theatre that are positioned to thrive. They have the most successful Music Show theatre in Branson. Reza is an ultramodern show and does very well in the Summer and on weekends. He is one to watch in the future as well. Six is also very modern and has really thrived here. I've always been caught in the middle of trying to please the more mature generation while also trying to please teenagers and 20 somethings. It's a very difficult thing to do, but we believe we have it figured out, at least in Branson. What's interesting is the Branson formula only works well in Branson. When we go on the road, we change the show and make it much more modern and exciting. Audiences in larger cities have a completely different sensibility and reject a traditional presentation. It's been a wild ride and I look forward to continuing to break the mold as much as possible in the future. It's working and for that I am humbled and grateful. Thank you to all of you for the interesting conversation...

Last edited by TimHaygood; 04-22-2020 at 11:37 AM.
TimHaygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #14
WireRoad

Quote:
I do agree that there are "thise" people that complain about the sound level at the Haygoods show. I wonder if the same people would also complain at Clay Cooper's show. To me the sound level is about the same. Is it really the sound level, or the music itself that they are complaining about.
My sound level limit? Haven't found it, but 10 feet from the speakers at the Old Rock House in St.Louis when Walter Trout or Anthony Gomes are playing is getting pretty close!
I haven't seen either show but I'd bet there isn't much difference in volume between the two. When someone doesn't like the music that's played it's always too loud in their mind, that just the way it works.
I'm just wondering who else that reads this forum has a clue who Walter Trout or Anthony Gomes besides me?
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Tim, you are so spot on!!!
You said perfectly what many of us have been saying for a long time.
The senior visitors today, which I am one of, didn't grow up on Faltt and Scruggs and Bob Wills. We grew up on Simon and Garfunkel and Bob Seger!
Plus it extends to the younger families visiting today. The next generation of Branson seniors. They don't want to hear the Foggy Mountian Boys, they want to hear the Back Street Boys!
Thank you Tim, and the entire Haygood family, and cast for providing such awesome experiences in Branson, and here in the St. Louis area when you visit with your Christmas show.