1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 05-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
caseih

Show information

I’m surprised how difficult it is to obtain accurate and up to date info for many shows in Branson. I have been searching a lot in the last few days and find it very frustrating. There is a “Branson Shows” Facebook page that is posting a lot of dates that various shows/attractions will be opening. However, when you go to the individual show, band, or theater websites to verify this info, there is often no up to date info available. I know how hard it is for shows to make it/stay in business in Branson. If I had a business that has been closed for weeks, with all the websites and social media platforms available, I would be posting regularly to keep people/fans informed. Yesterday , I found info for one of my favorite bands in Branson, and I saw 3 different dates listed for their next show. I usually spend 4-6 week/year in Branson and I’m ready to go ASAP, but this is really frustrating.
caseih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
ggh
Super User

I'm sure it is frustrating when you are trying to schedule your vacation. It's probably frustrating for the shows too - the rules which they are to conform to are changing daily, makes it hard to update the online show dates/times when the shows don't actually KNOW themselves.

The websites will be up and running when they are confident of the information you request.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

I'd depend on the Artist's Website or Facebook Page, before that of a Third Party.

Coach Man.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
I'd depend on the Artist's Website or Facebook Page, before that of a Third Party.

Coach Man.
Correct Coach Man. There is a plethora of “Branson” Facebook pages claiming to be “information” pages when they are actually run by ticket outlets, timeshares, etc. Many of them are not allowed to sell tickets to the more reputable shows so those shows are not listed. Always go to the actual venue or show websites for information.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseih View Post
I’m surprised how difficult it is to obtain accurate and up to date info for many shows in Branson. I have been searching a lot in the last few days and find it very frustrating. There is a “Branson Shows” Facebook page that is posting a lot of dates that various shows/attractions will be opening. However, when you go to the individual show, band, or theater websites to verify this info, there is often no up to date info available. I know how hard it is for shows to make it/stay in business in Branson. If I had a business that has been closed for weeks, with all the websites and social media platforms available, I would be posting regularly to keep people/fans informed. Yesterday , I found info for one of my favorite bands in Branson, and I saw 3 different dates listed for their next show. I usually spend 4-6 week/year in Branson and I’m ready to go ASAP, but this is really frustrating.
Have you looked at this information about opening dates that has been provided to Branson Tri-Lakes News:
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...99ab9debf.html
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...02d23aaa7.html
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
MLM

Actually, I would say the best thing to do is call the box office where the show you wanna see is performing.... that will be as up to date as you’re gonna get. Shows sometimes are late updating websites. I know for a fact that there are facebook posts mentioning our show (#1 Hits of the 60’s) with totally incorrect opening dates that we had NEVER announced ( we open June 2nd.) We “comment” on it but have no control of taking the posts down. It is frustrating.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
MartyR

I keep looking but have not seen any official word on Sights and Sounds reopening or Legends in Concert.

Anyone see anything that I have missed.
MartyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyR View Post
I keep looking but have not seen any official word on Sights and Sounds reopening or Legends in Concert.

Anyone see anything that I have missed.

it's not anything about a reopening but this...

https://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent....%20Message.pdf

...link says Sight and Sound has extended cancellation of their shows thru June 15th, so at least there won't be any up to that point.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #9
MartyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
it's not anything about a reopening but this...

https://assets-us-01.kc-usercontent....%20Message.pdf

...link says Sight and Sound has extended cancellation of their shows thru June 15th, so at least there won't be any up to that point.

I was told by a ticket place that Legends In Concert will reopen on July 2.
MartyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #10
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyR View Post
I was told by a ticket place that Legends In Concert will reopen on July 2.
I would confirm with the venue before I paid a ticket place for tickets.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well, maybe they are going to open then, but you cannot confirm anything, buy tickets. Or get refunds for those purchased already, as the AB/LIC box office is still closed. Not sure when THAT is going to reopen to start selling tickets/doing refunds/trades...
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote