1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Statler Bros bass singer passes away

Well, darn, time marches on,and I fo NOT like it! Harold Reid, the bass singer of the Statler Brothers, passed away yesterday, aged 80. Did the Statlers ever perform in Bransin? I cant remember...but we gave had tribute acts to them over the years. The Statlers were one of the best, most enjoyable music groups ever, IMO.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #2
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well, darn, time marches on,and I fo NOT like it! Harold Reid, the bass singer of the Statler Brothers, passed away yesterday, aged 80. Did the Statlers ever perform in Bransin? I cant remember...but we gave had tribute acts to them over the years. The Statlers were one of the best, most enjoyable music groups ever, IMO.
Yes, the Statlers did perform at the original Mel Tillis Theater. I think Yakov owns it now? It was in 1992. Mel brought in some guest shows when he was out doing some road shows he had booked. I think they did like 2-3 days there, I worked there at that time doing lighting.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
Grangie
Ultra Member

Love to hear them sing and Harold was so funny and a good entertainer.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
RevRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
My wife and I saw them at the Grand Palace for a limited engagement show probably 30 or 35 years ago. I remember Glen Campbell opened for them that night. And to be honest, he was a difficult act to follow. The Statlers put on a good show too, but there just wasn't the 'spark' we had anticipated. A couple of years later Glen became a Branson regular with his 'Good-Times Theater' ...
Old 04-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
cornonthecob

I saw The Statler Brothers at the Mel Tillis back in 1992. They were outstanding. Great music and comedy! Great memories.

Closed Thread