1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
DollyPartonFan

Branson Christmas shows/ lighting displays?

Hi everyone!! im new 2 this board, but ive been to branson with my family for many summer vacations most recently july 27,2008- august 2, 2008.

We were thinking about returning on oct. 31- nov.2 to c lighting displays and Christmas shows sincw we have never been. i was just wondering which ones u would recommend?

Thanx!!
Old 08-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Silver Dollar City for lights

Christmas shows, I like Haygoods, Brett Family, Lowes Family.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I also highly recommend Andy Williams and Spirit of Christmas at Christmas time.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
karoinbranson
God Bless You !!

Hi!! Welcome to the board!!!
I went to School with this girl who was a Major Dolly Parton Fan & could sing just like her!
The Presleys do a really good Christmas show!! Have fun in Branson!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
DollyPartonFan

Thanx 4 all the info!!

yes.. i am a huge Dolly Parton fan
Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
DollyPartonFan

ewhat about Shepherd of The Hills Trail of Lights? Is this any good?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
BransonDaughter

I suggest Silver Dollar City's A Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol. I LOVE THAT SHOW. Its my favorite. Then Six's Christmas show and also the #1 hits of the 60s christmas show. That is something new and different. Its a Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol but with a 60s twist. Its cute and I love it. I use to be the 60s hippy usher for them. It was alot of fun and I will go back to see the christmas show. Just love it so much.

Branson Daughter
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #8
scaducky

Silver Dollar City is the best for lights and Christmas Shows........I could go there over and over.....the citys trail of lights is also nice......Shepards lights are cute but cant compete with SDC
Old 08-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
DaveInTulsa

We drove through the city's display last year and thought it was aweful. My neighborhood has a better display than that. Just an FYI to keep you from spending good money on it. SDC is very nice during the Christmas season.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
OkieAnon

i'll agree with Dave, we were very disappointed int City's display last year, unless I read some reviews of it here that it has improved, not sure if we'll do it again this time around.

SDC is great, lights, shows, get's you to feeling like Christmas

Shep of the Hills, it's ok, lot better than the City's display, but the night we went it was bumper to bumper and as the driver I was a bit nervous of bumping the car in front or getting bumped from the back, i'd want to pick a less hectic time if that is possible.

for a shorter display the one on Indian Point is pretty nice.

we've seen a few of the Christmas shows, some of them aren't there anymore, one that is would be Andy's and it was very good for a Christmas show, Dixie Stampede has a little more of a Christmas theme to, we enjoyed it at Christmas a couple of times.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #11
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Last year we took our friends through the city's light display and we all disappointed in it. We apologized to our friends and told them it was much better other years. We all enjoyed Indian Point's light display, it was our first time out there. You can't go wrong with SDC it is the best place to go to get into the Christmas spirit. We never did make it to Shepard of the Hills light display last year, it's another good light display, but usually very busy.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
Medicineman

We went on Ride the Ducks at Christmas time last year and the fare included cruising through the city's display. My kids really enjoyed seeing it via the duck. Can't say as I would have been satisfied with that one otherwise.

We absolutely loved SDC. The kids really liked the small parade there and all the lights are just magnificent.

Shepard of the Hills was about a 90 minute drive through and was nice. We got a coupon with the ticket for a free coffee or hot chocolate when we finished, and the price included a trip up the tower. It was a great time for my family.

We just did the shows at SDC and thought they were great. I can't wait for Christmas!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
DollyPartonFan

Thanx 4 all the info! does ride the ducks still go in2 the lake around this time of year?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
Medicineman

There is no lake splash on the Christmas ride. It's kinda cool as there is Christmas music playing and the Duck is decked out in lights. You also get a santa hat along with your wacky quaker. We got to cruise the strip from the loading area to Shepard of the Hills and out the light display. It was really fun.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
DollyPartonFan

that sounds like Fun!!

Closed Thread